Female Circumcision Widely Practiced in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Indo Pacific & East Asia' started by civfanatic, Oct 8, 2013.

1. civfanatic

civfanatic Retired Moderator

How can this disgusting, barbaric, medieval practice be allowed in a modern country? Can Malaysia truly be considered "civilized"?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  3. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

Well you gotta give credit where it is due. At least in Islam, there is no gender inequality when it comes to chopping off genital parts.

In my experience, the ones that make the most noise about this are Christian majority western countries, where people happily chop off their boys' foreskin while hypocritically condemning the same practice when it is applied to girls.

Let them first stop their barbaric practices before lecturing the world on right and wrong. It's nauseating to see such baseless self-righteousness.

SPIEZ likes this.
  4. Razor

Razor CIDs from Tamilnadu Senior Member

1. I don't think it is common in any Western nation other than the US.
    2. I read that it was practiced for males in US to stop them from jerkin' off.
    3. Also there seems to be some evidence that a circumcised penis has lesser chance of receiving HIV.

5. Razor

I don't know why Malaysians are doing this, coz female circumcision is more a sub saharan thing than an Islamic thing. I could be wrong though.

6. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

1. It is common in the English speaking world including the US, Australia, Canada and the UK.
    2. What a ridiculous reason. Remember, most circumcisions are performed on infants.
    3. Yea, and if you chop off the whole thing, you have an even lesser chance of developing HIV. Point is, circumcision came first (the practice originates from Judaism and is passed down to Christianity) and the link to HIV was made much more recently as a way for religious zealots to justify the practice since otherwise it is obviously inhumane and barbaric.

7. Razor

1. Wow, I did not know that. Are you sure ? I was under the impression that circumcision was prevalent only among US christians, afa Euro populations are concerned.
    3. Yes circumcision came before and yes the HIV thingy is a way to justify circumcision. But it may be true that circumcision lowers chance of contracting AIDS. Is it true @civfanatic
    Btw my stand on it is: Don't do it on kids. Let them make the choice when they grow and can take informed decisions (In which case I'm pretty sure that most non religious people will avoid it).

8. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

This is also practised by a community in India, which otherwise is very progressive.

9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Barbaric or otherwise, is Female Circumcision scientific?

10. angeldude13

angeldude13 Lestat De Lioncourt Senior Member

anyone else feeling the same odd feeling of blade cutting your peewee :sick:

11. kseeker

kseeker Retired

12. Ray

If the Muslims find this female circumcision something that is very essential, then why should others make such a song and dance over it?

If they love doing so, so be it!

13. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

14. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Mad Indian likes this.
  15. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

Male and Female circumcision is part of desert religions which as the name suggests originated in deserts where there is scarcity of water...there can be no non religious justification for this...

16. bennedose

bennedose Senior Member Senior Member

No. The name itself is balderdash. Women have no foreskin and "female circumcision" is removal of the clitoris and other unspecifed bits of flesh.

When humans are foetuses in the mothers womb and male-female differentiation has not occurred the gelitalia look similar. But in the male a little knob of tissue fuses with two strips of tissue below it to form a penis which therefore has three parts or chambers in its shaft

In the female the same part that becomes the "knob" (glans) of the penis remains small and forms the clitoris. The two strips of tissue that fuse to form the bottom half of the penis in the male remain separate in the female and the vaginal opening develops between those two strips. The two strips become the "inner lips" labia minora in the woman.

The "Labia majora" or what is seen outside as the female genital organs actually forms the scrotum (the balls-bag) in the man

So there is absolutely no corresponding female structure that can be removed by female circumcision. Only surgeons and gynaecologists can see and understand these little details (which are simply di*k and c*nt) for others. What is chopped off is random, variable and highly mutilating

As an aside "labiium" means lip (labia=lips) - similar to Sanskrit "Labha"

kaustav2001, parijataka, sob and 4 others like this.
  17. Ray

A very illuminating and educative explanation, especially now the organs form.

Thanks,

18. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Medically, Circumcised penis is far "safer" than an uncircumcised one.

Its only barbaric if no anaesthesia is used. But in most places, circumcision is done only with anaesthesia.

19. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Do the Chrisitians do it too?? I thought only the Jews and the Muslims do it.

It reduces the chances of any STI. Also, it reduces the chances of Penile carcinoma;). And the risk of penile carcinoma is lower in patients where the circumcision is done earlier. For instance, Jews who undergo circumcision at birth, have much lower chances of Penile Cancer than the Muslims who do it at a later age.
    Some times it is necessary to do it on them for medical reasons. Also, a cricumcised penis is a lot cleaner-hence chances of penile cancer is less. Do you still think it is a bad idea to circumcise the penis?

20. angeldude13

angeldude13 Lestat De Lioncourt Senior Member

i was reading some stuff on circumcision and i found out circumcision reduces the orgasm pleasure by 60% i.e a circumcised male/female will feel less pleasure then an uncircumcised one.

in circumcision foreskin of penis and a minor part of clitoris in females is reduce.
    in man's case foreskin consists of 60% of nerve endings and therefore removing it means less arousal/masturbation and less orgasmic pleasure.
    also circumcised male have to use lube while doing intercourse and they find it hard to get stimulated while performing congress :troll:

so i say this circumcision thing is bullsh8t.i mean why would someone would want to reduce his baby's sexual pleasure??

also std prevention by circumcision is a myth.
    you can't stop a [email protected] virus from entering your peewee just by removing your penis's foreskin.i mean without foreskin penis is like more vulnerable and there is a better alternative then cutting your peewee "USE THE [email protected] PROTECTION"
    In female it is done to for the same purpose i.e less arousal and less orgasmic pleasure :sick:

parijataka, pmaitra and bennedose like this.
  21. bennedose

bennedose Senior Member Senior Member

LOL

Reminds me of the story of a village where a health worker demonstrated to a man about how to use a condom. He unrolled the condom on his thumb. A year later the health worker returned to the same village and met the same man. The man complained that condoms do not work. "Why?" asked the health worker. "Did you use it?".

"Of course" replied the disappointed man, "I wore a condom on my left thumb each and every time - just like you showed me. And my wife is pregnant with out fifth child"

sob likes this.