Fauji vs Civilian

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by rcscwc, Nov 2, 2010.

1. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Who is braver and more patriotic? Can you tell?

Believe it or not, civilians too are brave and patriots. Faujis too are cowards and traitors. After all, my cousin , a Brig, comes from the same family, ethos, samskars as ME.

In fact, a fauji is as brave as the nation chooses him to be.

3. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Faujis are also human beings and made of same stuffs as we civilians are . Only thing is that they are trained to be physically and mentally fit compared to normal persons. So in terms of percentage faujis well do much better than civilians.

Dar sabko lagta hai Gala sabka sookhta hai.

4. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

live on LOC/ravines/snow covered peaks/jungles/deserts with bullets flying over your head.that will answer ur question.

sahil par baith ke toofan ke baare main bhashan dena bahut asaan hai.

5. Madhavbhartia

Madhavbhartia Regular Member

Fauji are a subset of Civilians... You can regard them as the civilians who are willing to serve the country at the frontline with willingness to sacrifice their own life....Definately they are trained for all this and stronger than general civilians...But training is not the only thing...Its there willingness to join the forces and help country even at the cost of sacrificing there own life which makes them better than general civilians...I agree there might be few exceptions even within fauji's ...but those exceptions are very less in Fauji's as compare to civilians...

I salute All the Fauji's.... I am proud of you...

Also one request ....I dispute the heading "Fauji vs Civilian" ... Its never a "Vs" between them....

6. Neil

Neil Senior Member Senior Member

there is no vs between civilians and soldiers...we both need each other...its like asking our body which hand is more usefull....

without civilians there is no need of faujis and without faujis there are no civilians- we need money[tax] to buy weapons and weapons[protection] to earn money....

but yes in terms of physical and mental fitness a soldier is better after all only the finest of the civilian is chosen to defend the motherland...!!

7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

The gene pool is the same.

But the difference is that one chooses to brave the odds, face deprivations and gamble with life, while the other does not (possibly for good domestic reasons).

Therefore..........?

Tax is paid by all, especially the salaried, who cannot fudge their accounts!

Notwithstanding, both compliment each other.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  8. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Ha ha. GM, it is we civilians who tell you you about these toofans. Don't you you know this simple thing?

In W. Bengal I was in the thick of FLOODS. I turned down the applications of ex-service men.

In fact I refused to contribute staff for 99 general elections. I had the spine to stand upto the mighty ECI. Do you?

PS: It is in reports of EC.

9. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

I dispute a few points here. I cannot handle a rifle. I The last I handled a rifle was as an NCC cadet, 35 years ago. Never Handled a pistol, revolver etc.

Don't you think I a do not know firearms. I DO, from my infancy.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  10. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I am curious about what applications you turned down of the ex servicemen and why?

To be frank, power does not devolved on what one can reject or take away from people. Power is in giving and doing well for people not as fortunate as the one who gives. It is twice blessed; it blesses him who gives, and him who receives.

It is easy to deny, but quite difficult to give, given the tardy procedures and quirky legalities of the government. If one can overcome these difficulties, then one can be satisfied that one has served the people – a task for which one is paid for by the government.

Election duties are a very important aspect of democracy. To not contribute to it, by denying staff, is as good as thwarting the process of democracy. In fact, FIRs should have been filed and action taken. However, in our country where flouting of norms is not taken seriously, people are emboldened to break laws and defy the govt.

Election commission of India letter No.464/INST//2007/PLN-I Dated: 08th January, 2007 is worth a check.

Any action that thwarts the process of democracy, as the Maoists are also doing, is not conductive to nation building.

The comparison of being in the Floods to that of being on the LC, Siachen, CI or even the Floods, Tsunami and Earthquakes that the Army is called out for, is not understood.

Firing a weapon, having fired in the NCC and at a range, and firing for effect in combat where the target can fire back and possibly more effectively, is another kettle of fish.

Flying a microlight or a helicopter some times back does not make one a Boeing pilot, let alone a Boeing Captain!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  11. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Sorry for your ordeal pal. But if you are fauji, then you are trained for that. If a civilian, then you are as brave as a next fauji.

I am not trained to fight a battle. Did I never fight any battles in my life? You are mistaken. Whole of my career has been about managing floods, minimising miseries of millions. An easy joke?

12. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

I will explain. I was engaged in flood fighting of the Damodar River. I needed 24 hour w/l connectivity with my outlying stations, from which information was pouring continously. Decisions had to be taken quickly. Without w'l communication I would have been blind and deaf and paralysed. I had the responsibility of minimising the floods and safeguard millions of people. That was my Kargil War. How could I let go of my precious resources?

You talk of power, I talk of responsibility, sacred charge to defend the citizens. Can you honestly say I was not doing that?

I did serve the people.

Election duties are important. But elections can be postponed. Floods have a very curious nature. You cannot postpone them till after elections. FIRs could have been lodged, but only when someone else was ready to take responsibility of devastations caused by unmanaged floods.

Election commission of India letter No.464/INST//2007/PLN-I Dated: 08th January, 2007 is worth a check.

Any action that thwarts the process of democracy, as the Maoists are also doing, is not conductive to nation building.

Better understand that. Sooner the better. What would you prefer? Postpone election and save millions or let the floods RAGE and SUMMON Army? That when flood manager could have been allowed to function unhindered?

Lastly, sir, the defence of the nation is not only at borders, it is away from the LOC too.

13. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

I see their are many difference between A Civilian & A Army Chap..
    Again their are B Big difference between an Solider and Officer..
    Also their are big difference between Regular Civilians and medium class in big cities..

Army Man ( Soldiers )

1. A Army man don't tolerate Abuse, Any-where, He rise and fight!

2. A Army man is disciplined and know when to speak and when to fight!

3. A Army man is very sensitive regarding his Nation..

Civilian:

1. He knows how the system works, We never rise alone, He take the abuse and wait for his chance..

2. There in not very much place for discipline and thing like that, He see only opportunity!

3. He can only fight for party, politics, local gangs and things related near to him, Nation and other high and he only speaks what he sees on T.V..

My View is based on my experience which i gain from lots of travailing within army also in normal life as a regular citizen..

Cheers
    Kunal Biswas.

14. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Sahil par baithe civilians he batate hain ki toofan kitna bhyanak hai. Only I could say how devasting the 1998 flood of Damodar could have been disastrous. Toofan ke baad to koi bhi bhi wise ho sakta hai.

15. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Back in 77, I was a young man, doing training at Mussoorie. Once Malhotra, COAS was invited. After his address, he was treated to high tea, I being Treasurer of the Mess too was there. After 10 minutes I interuppted him during conversation: General, is theere an Army Manual on gaalis? He of course was speechless, and protested NO NO. Then I pointed out out that during 10 minutes, he uttered some or the gaali 7 times. That is SPINE.

16. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

There's a reason why the Fauji is "Hat Ke" from the civilians. There's a reason why they have an aura of their own. And that is what makes them beyond any civilian.

Suzanna Arundhati Roy, Medha Patkar, Burkha Dutt, Rajdeep Sardesai are civilians..... Sandeep Unnikrishnan, Dhan Singh Thapa, Jasjeet Arora, Vikram Batra are Faujis..

Can you compare? :) NOT A CHANCE!

17. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

SIR,
    I dont understand how you r saying that thats a SPINE?, Speaking of 77 , How come u argue without knowing abt ARMY?, In north India specially in Punjab Galis are very common and in army everyone spend atleast 10 years of his life, If a Infantry Officer don't give galis , Soldiers do think he is DumbS*** , MC & BC are regular terms we speak without knowing abt it coz the culture of speaking is like that and it continue throughout his/her life, U caught Generals speaking galis coz those galis are common in army and kinda regular, But my previous post meant a very different gali, Which is deliberately used against the nation ( ANTI-INDIAN ) its obvious as, i even saw a fauji don't tolerate such abuses, But a regular civilians not only say nothing but some time supports it....

Army men are not trained to fight battles on the first place, But learn to survive the battle of life which include floods, storm, tsunami, earthquake, and thunder of enemy Armour, Its the life we have and yes we go sign for it! ( THAT'S SPINE )

We learn to fight PROBLEMS of all kinds, And move on without making a noise, Thats US!

Managing Floods and Miseries of thousands, But a single solider takes responsibility of a whole nation!

BTW, What is Civvilain vs Fauji??, After all a Civilian stands and volunteer to become a fauji!

18. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

This is a very unfair comparison.

Let us compare a soldier who fights on the battlefield and dies with a civilian who gets killed in a terrorist attack. Both give their lives. However, the soldier had a gun to fight, knew where the enemy was and was trained. The civilian did not have a gun to fight, had no clue about the enemy and was not trained. Are we comparing apples to apples?

Do we not have enough examples of civilians giving their lives? How many of the freedom fighters, especially those who gave their lives, were soldiers?

Hence, I'd request everyone not to compare things that cannot be compared.

19. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

There isn't quite any difference when it comes to gambling with one's own life. Think of all those hanging from trains and traveling - they could fall and die. Think of those who are working in infrastructure projects - they could be trapped under a collapsed bridge. Everyone is gambling with their lives and doing it willingly, because they know what can happen to them. In fact, I was watching Ice Road Truckers on history Channel and admiring the expertise of the truck-drivers who drive in the Himalayas. They too are gambling with their lives. Where is the difference? Is any one side more brave than the other? The answer is no. Hence, there is no difference when it comes to bravery. The only difference, is in training and discipline.