Fat man forces passenger to stand seven hours in plane

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Fat man forces passenger to stand seven hours in plane

New York: An American businessman had to stand for an exhausting seven-hour flight from Alaska to Philadelphia because an obese fellow passenger was taking up half his seat.

Arthur Berkowitz, 57, said a 400-pound man (around 181 kg) squeezed next to his seat on a flight from Anchorage, the New York Post reported.

"He was the last one to board, and as he walked down to me, he said, 'I really want to apologize. I'm your worst nightmare'," Berkowitz was quoted as saying.

"He was a cordial person. But the facts are, he took half my seat, and half the seat of an exchange student who was pinned up against the window."

Berkowitz said he spent the majority of the time of flight on his feet.

"As the arm rests were up, and due to his girth, he covered about half my seat," he said. "I notified the stewardess that this is unacceptable and unsafe."

Berkowitz could not also move up to the business class as the plane was full, and he was also not allowed use of a flight-attendant seat.

"So I walked up and down. I tell people I didn't fly from Anchorage to Philadelphia -- I walked there!" he said.

Berkowitz said the obese man should have been charged for two seats, and he is calling on airlines to amend their rules.

Later Berkowitz, who spent $800 on the trip, got in return a $200 voucher.

Fat man forces passenger to stand seven hours in plane - The Times of India

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
When airlines want to charge obese people for 2 seats, there is always a great outcry against the injustice.

Blackwater

how the airline allowed this person to sit on 2 seat without payment. poor skinny chap . amrrreeeicans are crazy people..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I thought a rule was passed that obese passengers should buy two tickets.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
why not let him sit in the stewards seat ?

common sense chucked out of the window again.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles