Farmer in suicide note: Don't vote for Congress, NCP

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Parthy, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Parthy

Parthy Air Warrior Senior Member

The suicide of a farmer in Vidarbha's Yavatmal district has put the Maharashtra government in a spot, as in his suicide note, he asked people not to vote for Congress and NCP, the ruling alliance partners in the state, as they don't "care" for farmers.

"Don't vote for the Congress and NCP; they don't care for farmers," 45-year-old Gajanan Ghotekar wrote in the suicide note before consuming pesticide last week at village Kothwada in the district.

Ghotekar killed himself as he could not repay a loan of over a lakh rupees. He had bought a tractor, but could not pay for it. He was also under stress over his daughter's marriage. "They (Congress-NCP) will ruin the country," the farmer wrote, according to an official.

Meanwhile, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, in an editorial in party mouthpiece 'Saamana', said a case of abetting suicide should be filed against the government.

Vidarbha farmer in suicide note: Don't vote for Congress, NCP - The Times of India

sob and Mad Indian like this.
  3. Parthy

Parthy Air Warrior Senior Member

Where are our Indian politicians heading for?? They don't even do or think for a good cos at least once??? :mad: God Save our Nation... :frusty::facepalm:

4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

The policies are flawed.

Instead of giving sops alone the Govt should devise ways to ensure that there is some sort of a crop insurance so that the marginal farmers have this heavy load off their mind.

5. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Regular Member

Actually there are 1000's dying because of corrupt and greedy politicians, This has come out just because he has wrote and police failed to keep it secret and get crores from Cong and NCP by showing this as proof.

Just yesterday i saw a old women in District Dasuldar Office who cursed the ex congress counselor for getting more than 20,000 hot cash and not acting on her land to be cleared from some approval legally and does not care after he lost the election recently. And what's more cruel is some 10 min after 2-3 police came and dragged her out rather getting a written compliant from her against that corrupt politician there was over 100 people there who then came to her rescue, and i am sure out of that 100 people atleast 90 people will not vote for cong next time. Poor lady :(

6. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Poor Chap..!! Pushed to such extreme is indeed very very wrong. :(

I have no words to say except he is a good man who choose to take his life instead of becoming a theif and rob banks and cause harm to others.

Killing a Congrees politician or corrupt politician should be made as Martyr and Shaid.

7. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Situation is far worse in Vidarbha.

Fat junks sitting in Mumbai have no idea about what happens in rest of Maharashtra.

Thanks to unseasonal rains in last few days, monsoon will be delayed in eastern parts of MH if at all it is supposed to pour anything on dry land.

Some nonsense package will be issued by Govt which will reach farmers only after they've decimated their family in depression.

Also Govt is paying in peanuts to farmers while buying cotton etc. There is urgent need to destroy cartels of APMC and give more scope to private players.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    panduranghari, sob and pmaitra like this.
  8. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

And now the CON-gress supporters (who call themselves party neutrals:lol:;)) wont come here and comment:tsk:

I will wait one full day for their comments to come here:accepted:

Rahul Singh likes this.
  9. Mad Indian

----Double post-----

10. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

We will see serious violence looking at the desparate situation of the poor farmers in drought prone states like Maha. Shame, utter shame, the way our corrupt politicians continue to loot this nation... :mad:. `Rang de Basanti` may become a reality soon.

11. Mad Indian

Who voted for them in the first place again:cowboy:?

You know when you are blaming the politicians in a DEMOCRACY, you are actually blaming yourself:nod:

12. Mad Indian

What about the others who vote for it for various nefarious purposes? Whats gonna stop them? You get what you wish for in a Democracy:nod:

Any way, the day CONgress is banned from India, I will donate Ten thousand rupees for DFI :bounce:- True Story:nod:

[​IMG]

13. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

That is the ideal way of looking at the issue.

Why are the political parties against having a button on the EVMs stating 'None of the Above'?

Because that may show them up for what they are worth - None wants them!

And those who are elected are the choice of a very small percentage of voters in that Constituency!

Godless-Kafir likes this.
  14. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

I am neither Congress nor NCP supporter - the poor people of Maharashtra are suffering though.

15. Oracle

Oracle New Member

A farmer commits suicide because of 1 lac, while millions are looted by corrupt politicians. This is such a shame. Nothing is passed onto the poor, for them everyday is a struggle just to live. The poor would never have a right to live, unless the issue of corruption is dealt with severely. This country needs an iron man like Netaji.

16. Mad Indian

Come on sir, why not the people vote for an independant then? This is again a bad excuse, just like the excuse the "educated morons" give when they say "hey no one is good, so i am NOT VOTING". :nod:

I am saying, lets vote for a honest man, standing in the election for one time, and just see the way the India(along with its politicians changes). Also, it will encourage honest people to enter politics, not just Criminals:nod:. But that is too much to ask for in our country- Seriously:tsk:

If not, atleast vote for the lesser of the two evils, there is always one thing which is lesser, for instance i can say I like ADMK and BJP, but no CON or DMK supporter can/will say I like CON-gress and DMK:D, which again shows which is the lesser of two evils,. The idea behind it is that, if that is followed, then the other party will be forced to reduce their corruption and thus we can progressively vote down to bring the Corruption.:nod:

17. Mad Indian

It was not directed against you sir. You know that right? I meant the voters as whole:nod:

18. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

Just out of curiosity. As the saying goes behind every successful man there is one woman that is his wife. So my question is "Behind every corrupt politician how many corrupt chamchas are there"?

19. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Farmer in suicide note: Don't vote for Congress, NCP

poor farmer did not realise other side of the coin is also "khota"

infact whole coin is khota: "khote sikke"

20. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

This farmer suicide nonsense has been going on since 2005, probably earlier.

Agro-Minister Sharad Pawar and his daughter are busy taking care of their own back balances.

No significant steps have been taken to address the irrigation issue, while people have to suffer from monsoon inundation in Mumbai. I wonder where the politicians' priorities lie.

21. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

No, the problem is that the ministry sitting in Mumbai does not care a shyt about dry, undeveloped regions of Vidarbha & certainly farmer suicide does not figure on their action-item-list unless it is politicised.

This is less about corruption & more about gross negligence.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012