Fantastic Military Hardware Ideas

pmaitra

This is a thread to share ideas and fantasies members may have about military hardware they would like to see.

This is going to be a repository for all kinds of multimedia, diagrams, pictures, and videos. Everyone is encouraged to comment as well as critique this thread, or suggest improvements.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

This is a thread to share ideas and fantasies members may have about military hardware they would like to see.

This is going to be a repository for all kinds of multimedia, diagrams, pictures, and videos. Everyone is encouraged to comment as well as critique this thread, or suggest improvements.
And we see pmaitra already has a head start on everybody else.:)

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
25K Sign Petition to Build Death Star
by Mike Hoffman on December 13, 2012
Defensetech

More than 25,000 individuals who live in the United States of America took the time to sign a petition requesting the White House dedicate resources toward building a Death Star of Star Wars fame by 2016.

No, really.

Much like Lockheed Martin and Boeing CEOs, writers of the petition claim the government has a responsibility to start construction on the Death Star because it will spur job growth in America's stalled economy.

"By focusing our defense resources into a space-superiority platform and weapon system such as a Death Star, the government can spur job creation in the fields of construction, engineering, space exploration, and more, and strengthen our national defense," according to the petition.

Because they garnered 25,000 signatures on their petition, the White House will issue an official response. However, prominent defense analysts across the nation said the potential sequestration cuts could put the Death Star plans in jeopardy.

It's unclear if the signees of the petition will accept the fiscal cliff as an excuse.

Read more: http://defensetech.org/2012/12/13/25k-sign-petition-to-build-death-star/#ixzz2F3T1OKNk
Defense.org

:pound::pound::pound:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Machine : A Ultra Small Single Sitter Helicopter Gunship.
Role : Counter Insurgency War, Recce and Light support.
Weapons : 1 x 12.7mm Gatling Gun and 2x Rocket pods / 8 x Lahat ATGM at two pylons on both sides.
Armour : Light Aircraft composite Armour
Avionics : Flair Pod, Glass cockpit with two Samtel MFDs etc

Not my work but suits my imagination, except my one is much smaller, single sitter and with 2 pylons and a 12.7 gatling gun

Kind if Size, I am thinking..

Similar Role as AH-6 just more compact and with turret mount 12.7mm gatling gun
------------------------------------------

I have more in my mind..

mike

Its called TTES (Target Tracking and Engagement System). It uses photos of a person who has deemed their self to be a bad guy and needs to be watched/engaged for what they may do. You can use the system to take photos of the target and upload it to the system. Its basically a camera, computer and gun all rolled into one. The only people who have to use it are the ones who take the pictures and give the order to shoot. The computer does the rest. Now snipers or other members of a recon team do not have to stay on the scope for hours on end and can focus on other things such as security. The system can also use multiple visions whether it be night or thermal vision if needed. Recon members can use this system to watch people who are placing ides or other suspicious activity. Sorry for no pictures cant find any that suit my fancy. Either way just my idea of something different.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
^^
What could possibly go wrong with such a system? :rolleyes:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
I don't know 3D markup...

So a humble 2D schematic of my idea...

Fully ambidextrous controls, ambidextrous cocking handle & ambidextrous case ejection.

A-Bullpup 25mm Grenade launcher assembly/12 gauge shotgun assembly
B-Standalone Grenade launcher adapter
C-Illuminated Iron Sights and carrying handle
D-Collapsible butt-stock
E-7.62mm barrel of varying length
F-5.56mm barrel of varying length
G-5.56 or 7.62 Upper Receiver assembly
H-Lower Receiver assembly and trigger group

Optics not included.

First one is standard Infantry issue

Second one is SF issue

Third one is a XM25 type standalone 25mm grenade launcher operating in modes: Airburst, Point Detonation, Point Detonation Delayed, Window (Beyond aiming point)

Last edited:

pmaitra

@arnabmit, good diagram. I must say, why do you have a mag receiver in the second configuration in the front of the trigger? It is bullpup, so that is redundant.

Edit: Never mind, I got it. You are fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Dual Rotor CAS heli-plane (1/2)

Inspiration:
Mil-24/35 Krokodil (canopy, stub wings for armament and lift)
CH-47F Chinook (dual tandem contra-rotors)
A-10 Thunderbolt II Warthog/Hog (undernose Gatling gun and double offset nose landing gear)
Mil-28N Havoc (nose shroud roundel for radar, and placement of turbines)

Tool: 3DTIN

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles