Family freed from Taliban in Pakistan, terrorists raped wife, killed daughter

Country flag
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eld-taliban-leaves-pakistan-article-1.3560121

A Canadian ex-hostage revealed members of an Afghan terrorist group raped his American wife and killed his infant daughter during the five years they were held captive.

Joshua Boyle, Caitlan Coleman and their three children landed in Toronto late Friday night after they were rescued in a joint effort between the U.S. and Pakistan this week.

The couple was kidnapped in 2012 while they were hiking in Afghanistan, and Coleman, who is from Pennsylvania, went on to have four children in captivity.

Boyle, who revealed some of the horrors they suffered at the hands of the Haqqani network, credited God for giving his family "unparalleled resilience and determination."

Boyle addressed reporters at the airport and said, "The stupidity and evil of the Haqqani network’s kidnapping of a pilgrim and his heavily pregnant wife engaged in helping ordinary villagers in Taliban-controlled regions of Afghanistan was eclipsed only by the stupidity and evil of authorizing the murder of my infant daughter."

The 34-year-old said a guard raped his wife with the help of his superiors and asked the Afghan government to bring them to justice.

Earlier, Boyle handed a cryptic handwritten statement to the Associated Press.

“God has given me and my family unparalleled resilience and determination, and to allow that to stagnate, to pursue personal pleasure or comfort while there is still deliberate and organized injustice in the world would be a betrayal of all I believe, and tantamount to sacrilege,” he wrote.

He also nodded to one of the State Department officials on the plane and said, “Their interests are not my interests.”

Coleman, on the other hand, wore a tan-colored headscarf and nodded silently to she confirm her identity to a reporter aboard the flight to Toronto.

The Canadian government issued a statement that read, “Today, we join the Boyle family in rejoicing over the long-awaited return to Canada of their loved ones."

“Canada has been actively engaged on Mr. Boyle’s case at all levels, and we will continue to support him and his family now that they have returned.”

Coleman was pregnant when she and Boyle were kidnapped while hiking in Afghanistan's Wardak province, which is overrun with militant groups.

She had the baby, along with three more children, in the custody of the Taliban-linked extremist network, which the U.S. deemed a Foreign Terrorist Organization in 2012.

The family was “essentially living in a hole for five years,” White House Chief of Staff John Kelly told reporters Thursday.

Pakistani officials conducted a dangerous raid late Wednesday after receiving a tip from U.S. intelligence, according to Pakistan's Foreign Ministry spokesman Nafees Zakaria.

Boyle told his parents that he and his family were intercepted by Pakistani forces while being transported in the back of their captors' car.

One of the captors yelled "kill the hostage" during the ensuing shootout, but Boyle managed to emerge with only a shrapnel wound, his family said.

But the 34-year-old Ontario native initially declined to get on a U.S. military plane reportedly headed for Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.

Boyle's father said his son did not want to board the plane because the family wanted to return directly to North America.

Another U.S. official said Boyle was nervous about being in "custody" given his past marriage to the sister of Omar Kadhr, a former Guantanamo Bay detainee with suspected ties to al-Qaeda.

While the family eventually left Islamabad on Friday, Boyle's initial refusal, along with his self-characterization as a pilgrim and his previous marriage, has raised questions as to why he was in Afghanistan in 2012.

A former U.S. intelligence official told the Washington Post he couldn't say if Boyle ever had ties to al-Qaeda, adding, "He was never a fighter on the battlefield. But my belief is that he clearly was interested in getting into it."

But other U.S. officials discounted any link between Boyle's previous marriage and his capture, with one official describing it in 2014 as a "horrible coincidence."

The U.S. Justice Department said neither Boyle nor Coleman is wanted for any federal crime.

sorcerer

Country flag
Another U.S. official said Boyle was nervous about being in "custody" given his past marriage to the sister of Omar Kadhr, a former Guantanamo Bay detainee with suspected ties to al-Qaeda.
:clap2::clap2:
Boyle addressed reporters at the airport and said, "The stupidity and evil of the Haqqani network’s kidnapping of a pilgrim and his heavily pregnant wife engaged in helping ordinary villagers in Taliban-controlled regions of Afghanistan was eclipsed only by the stupidity and evil of authorizing the murder of my infant daughter."
:rofl:
HAQQANI NETWORK..pak in soup..

But
there is no HAQANI terrorist says pakistan, !!!
pak army says there is no terrorists in pak

Pakistani officials conducted a dangerous raid late Wednesday after receiving a tip from U.S. intelligence, according to Pakistan's Foreign Ministry spokesman Nafees Zakaria.
US tip off..and if pak didnt act they will be ass raped by USA.

sorcerer

Country flag
I agree who in their right mind would pick that travel destination and bring family with you??
peace doves..
It says this guy was married to an alqaeda guy's sister..
So..no clean chit to Boyle.
He must have expected that they are safe cuz of the "connection"

Country flag
:clap2::clap2:

:rofl:
HAQQANI NETWORK..pak in soup..

But
there is no HAQANI terrorist says pakistan, !!!
pak army says there is no terrorists in pak

US tip off..and if pak didnt act they will be ass raped by USA.
This is a token gesture , pakistan trying to look credible.

Country flag
peace doves..
It says this guy was married to an alqaeda guy's sister..
So..no clean chit to Boyle.
He must have expected that they are safe cuz of the "connection"
They also went around a time Osama Bin laden was killed.

sorcerer

Country flag
This is a token gesture , pakistan trying to look credible.
Hard chance on credibility.
cuz..
1) USA tipped off..and pak will have to act
2) Its HAQANI network..the same network US wants to kill but pak was in denial

Actually, pakistan NEVER had an option here but to go ahead and do kill their Haqqani friend.

pruthvi24

Country flag
5 years in captivity had 3 kids gets rescued just in a bizarre way after India said no to troop deployment in Afghanistan and f-16 and other deals on hold Mattis tells will give Pakistan one more chance and Trump thanks Pakistan personally just before high profile meeting sounds like some b grade movie script. looks like USA wants to get back at us and is backing Pakistan now
Look at the guy and his wife I think they got radicalised
IMG_20171014_221349.jpg
IMG_20171014_221347.jpg

Country flag
Hard chance on credibility.
cuz..
1) USA tipped off..and pak will have to act
2) Its HAQANI network..the same network US wants to kill but pak was in denial

Actually, pakistan NEVER had an option here but to go ahead and do kill their Haqqani friend.
I don't think US is serious about haqqani network. US lot of intelligence but no results.

sorcerer

Country flag
I don't think US is serious about haqqani network. US lot of intelligence but no results.

I mean in this case, HAQANI network is what USA was asking pakistan to go after and pakistan did that. From Indian point of view there is nothing for pak to celebrate...

World knows that, for USA terrorism is nothing but controlled chaos.

This could be some staged rescue to bring back pak into relevance, which is probably true, only time will say.
USA cant afford to lose pakistan, where the "democratic" state acts like a bitch for every wants of USA. It could be another "chance" to bring pak close to USA and away from china as US had made it clear last week.

The truth in USA's action against terrorism vs USA's infamous double standards will be clear in the coming days.

pruthvi24

Country flag
Look at the above picture of 2011 looks like Joshua was radicalised even before getting kidnapped and who the hell goes to Afghanistan for a hiking trip and who the hell think about having a baby while they are kidnapped this is absolutely bizzare and why they don't want to fly on American planes ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles