Falkland Islands part deux

Param

UK must militarize itself at a faster pace, faster they do it, faster comes their downfall. UK will ultimately be dissolved into it's constituent states. This is not the 16th century. Falkland Islands belong to South America.
That's for the people of falklands to decide.
Let's take care of our own territorial integrity first and not go the same way in an arms race with China.UK is more homogenous than SU, China or India.

Country flag

Argentina told: Britain will never surrender the Falklands

Read more: Argentina told: Britain will never surrender the Falklands - mirror.co.uk

DAVID Cameron yesterday vowed that Britain would never surrender the Falkland Islands to Argentina.

In a Christmas message to the islanders, the Prime Minister said the UK would not give up sovereignty.

He said: "Let me be absolutely clear. We will always maintain our commitment to you on any question of sovereignty. Your right to self-determination is the cornerstone of our policy.

"We will never negotiate on the sovereignty of the Falkland Islands unless you, the Falkland islanders, so wish. No democracy could ever do otherwise."

His tough message came after a bloc of South American countries, including Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil and Paraguay agreed to ban boats from the Falkland Islands from docking at their ports.

Mr Cameron said that the blockade was both "unjustified and counter-productive".

"Threats to cut communication links between the islands and your neighbours in South America only reflect badly on those who make them.

"I firmly believe that it is in our interests that we have a constructive relationship with Argentina. But the Argentine Government has continued to make statements which challenge your right to self-determination – and we can never accept that."

And he likened the rights of the 3,000 Falkland islanders to those of rebels who rose up against regimes in the Arab Spring.

He said: "In the 21st century, the world has come to recognise self-determination as a legitimate aspiration, in accordance with the provisions of the United Nations Charter."

Mr Cameron added 2012 would be the 30th anniversary of the Falklands War when the British task force liberated the islands after they were invaded by Argentina.

He said: "We will have in our thoughts those who lost their lives in the service of freedom. And we will remember all those families who continue to mourn their loss."

He added that the prosperity and security of the islands were a "fitting memorial to those who made the ultimate sacrifice".

Foreign Secretary William Hague yesterday phoned his counterpart in Uruguay, Luis Almagro, to underline Britain's view that the shipping ban was unfair and should be lifted immediately.

The provocative act has raised fears that Argentina is preparing a fresh diplomatic assault to take control of the Falklands.

Temperatures between Britain and Argentina have also risen since it was announced Prince William will be stationed in the Falklands early next year.

Read more: Argentina told: Britain will never surrender the Falklands - mirror.co.uk

IBSA

Country flag
No risk of a war at now.

Since the end of Argentina military regimes, the Argentinean society demilitarized itself due to the trauma left in national mind. The civil democratic govs in the follows years cut off the defense budget, arrests some generals, trying to do justice to victims, and this retarded the increases of Argentina's defense power.

Only recently they perceived their mistake and returns to invest in Armed Forces. For while, the Argentina don't has conditions to fight a war with UK.

Param

Not if the people are of european stock.

islands belong to south america.
As per that logic, Canada and US should be returned to Native Americans. Australia to the Aborigines, NZ to the Maoris.:lol:

Btw the first human who arrived in India were the Tribals of Central India. What should happen to those like us who arrived later and are dominant today?

Last edited:

Param

Who Falkland's people???

The Falklanders are only british that went for there. Malvinas had not native people.
That means the British claim is stronger.
Argentina did not exist when European colonialists arrived. If the Brits were the first settlers in that Island then it is an indisputable part of UK.

IBSA

Country flag
That means the British claim is stronger.
Argentina did not exist when European colonialists arrived. If the Brits were the first settlers in that Island then it is an indisputable part of UK.
Argentina didn't exist as an independent country, but was part of Spanish Colonial Empire, and when it proclaimed independent she was the natural inheritor of Spanish domains in the region, and that domain includes the Malvinas Islands. The Brits has no right to Islands occupation, because they took away in an attack and never more gave back.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
As per that logic, Canada and US should be returned to Native Americans. Australia to the Aborigines, NZ to the Maoris.:lol:
Well the natives aren't actually fighting for it.

what if goa had more europeans in it ? would you have not integrated it into India or would you have said let people living there decide ?

Btw the first human who arrived in India were the Tribals of Central India. What should happen to those like us who arrived later and are dominant today?
I know that tribals were the first here thats why i say that people who label others as non-Indians and think of themselves as natives should have a harder look at themselves.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The Falklanders are only british settlers that went for there. Malvinas had not native people.
Falkland were discovered in 17th century since then it was ruled by French, Spanish, Brits, Argentine, Falkland also known as Sebald island, Malvinas, brits control since 1880s and call Falkland islands..

At one point Island hosted two colonies and neither knew other was there..

Brits were not only one lived there, But the majority now are brits..

Param

Argentina didn't exist as an independent country, but was part of Spanish Colonial Empire, and when it proclaimed independent she was the natural inheritor of Spanish domains in the region, and that domain includes the Malvinas Islands. The Brits has no right to Islands occupation, because they took away in an attack and never more gave back.
If what happened 200 years go is justification for territorial claims then the entire world will be in state of war. How many countries did not have their maps forcibly redrawn in the past 200 years?

Btw just because Argentina gained Independence from Spanish rule does not make it a natural inheritor of Spanish colonies in its vicinity.
Argentina did not become a willing colony of Spain,therefore it does not have any"rights" over such territory.

These are just claims and will remain claims.

amitkriit

If what happened 200 years go is justification for territorial claims then the entire world will be in state of war. How many countries did not have their maps forcibly redrawn in the past 200 years?

Btw just because Argentina gained Independence from Spanish rule does not make it a natural inheritor of Spanish colonies in its vicinity.
Argentina did not become a willing colony of Spain,therefore it does not have any"rights" over such territory.

These are just claims and will remain claims.
You are not the judge and the jury, the one who has got the guts and bigger guns has the right. As far as I am concerned, my wish is that the existing British empire must be cut to size, and most importantly must be humiliated.

Param

Well the natives aren't actually fighting for it.

what if goa had more europeans in it ? would you have not integrated it into India or would you have said let people living there decide ?
If Goa had a majority of Portuguese in 61, then it would have remained Portuguese colony. The majority Europeans there would have preferred to remain with Portugal.The entire world would have supported Portugal.
Our opinion would have been Immaterial. I personally believe it should be left for the people of such enclaves to decide for themselves.

Param

You are not the judge and the jury, the one who has got the guts and bigger guns has the right. As far as I am concerned, my wish is that the existing British empire must be cut to size, and most importantly must be humiliated.
Yes, I am Nobody. But you have the right to dream.:lol:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If Goa had a majority of Portuguese in 61, then it would have remained Portuguese colony. The majority Europeans there would have preferred to remain with Portugal.The entire world would have supported Portugal.
Our opinion would have been Immaterial. I personally believe it should be left for the people of such enclaves to decide for themselves.
Good thing you're on the internet then instead of south block because India would have been 20 different countries instead of 1.

Param

Good thing you're on the internet then instead of south block because India would have been 20 different countries instead of 1.
So do you mean that the nation is kept together by force?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles