Fake News: Serving IAF officer moves court, demands scrapping of MiG-2

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Wing Commander Sanjeet Singh Kaila, survivor of a near fatal MiG-21 crash, has has become the first pilot to move to court demanding scrapping of the MiG-21 fighter jets from the Indian Air Force (IAF).

Kalia has filed a petition at the Delhi High Court saying that flying a MiG-21 violated his right to work in a safe environment.

Kaila was injured in a MiG-21 crash in January 2005 while he was on a routine sortie from the Nal Air Base in Rajasthan. The crash left him with severe neck and spinal injuries rendering him unfit to fly. He said the crash was caused by poor workmanship at a Hindustan Aeronautics Limited facility.

Even though his MiG-21 was on fire but Kaila did not eject as the plane would have fallen on a populated village. He managed to steer his jet to an open field and then only managed to eject.

Serving IAF officer moves court, demands scrapping of MiG-21-|-CanIndia NEWS
this appears to be fake news.

when searched for the name of officer in Delhi high Court website for 2013 cases
Welcome to High Court of Delhi

This is the result found.

This shows no case filed.

When i checked up the website which posted this.

website contact info shows

is published by

World Media Corp (Canada) Inc
2960 Drew Road, Suite 157C
Mississauga, Ontario L4T 0A5
Canada
TOLL FREE: 1.866.757.0070
Local: 905.673.6625 – Fax: 905-673-6636
PERSONNEL & DEPARTMENTAL DIRECTORY

PUBLISHER
PRESIDENT & CEO
Jaswinder (Jaz) Marjara
Ext: 222
Cell: 647-885-9023
[email protected] EDITOR
Pradip Rodrigues
Ext: 225
[email protected] EDITORIAL COORDINATOR
Sabrina Almeida
Ext: 226
[email protected]
SALES MANAGER
Robinder Makar
Ext: 223
[email protected] BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Nazli Shah
Ext: 230
[email protected] STAFF WRITERS / COLUMNISTS
Baldev Padam
Ext: 303
[email protected]
GRAPHICS
Mohammad Shuaib Zakir
Ext: 224
[email protected] ACCOUNTING AP/AR
Shamash Persaud
Ext: 210
[email protected]
CanIndia NEWS-|- Contact Us

this site has this info about canindia.com
Canindia.com 216.246.78.120 Get Site IP, USA

Hosting Info for Website: canindia.com #313,832 position in world sites rating
IP Address: 216.246.78.120 Hide Map »

See also:

Whois Registration Check »

Norton SafeWeb Check »

Other Sites on IP »

Website Review »

Hide Info »

IP Location: USA, Illinois, Chicago
Resolve Host: unknown.hostforweb.net
Hosting Company / IP Owner: Hostforweb Inc
Owner IP Range: 216.246.78.0 - 216.246.78.255
Owner Address: Po Box 1164, Chicago, IL, 60690, US
Owner Country: USA
Owner Phone: +1-312-343-4678, +1-888-769-4678
Owner Website: Account Suspended , HostForWeb.COM - Ultrafast Hosting Solutions - Reliable Service
Owner CIDR: 216.246.78.0/24
Whois Record Created: 03 Nov 2006
Whois Record Updated: 22 Jan 2013
IP Address Change History:
Canindia.com has used the same IP address (216.246.78.120) during the year 2012-13
Website Nameservers: ns1.canindia.com (205.234.135.199), ns2.canindia.com (216.246.78.119)
looks like people work overtime to spread disinfo against us.

TrueSpirit

Re: Fake News: Serving IAF officer moves court, demands scrapping of M

This was reported by ToI as well. What could have been their motivations behind such fake news ? Or, is it that High Court records are not completely digitized yet ? Or maybe, some erroneous reporting in sharing the details of the case ?...This is utterly stupid, to say the least.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

This was reported by ToI as well. What could have been their motivations behind such fake news ? Or, is it that High Court records are not completely digitized yet ? Or maybe, some erroneous reporting in sharing the details of the case ?...This is utterly stupid, to say the least.
High Court record is completely computerised, the time you file the case it reflect in Website. I too practice in HC and DRT and regularly use this website.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

from HT
Fighter pilot takes govt to court over 'widow maker' MiG-21July 18, 2013
Wing Commander Sanjeet Singh Kaila, who survived a near fatal crash, filed a petition at the Delhi High Court saying that flying a MiG-21 violated his right to work in a safe environment.
from website: canIndia
Serving IAF officer moves court, demands scrapping of MiG-21
July 17, 2013
http://canindia.com/2013/07/serving-iaf-officer-moves-court-demands-scrapping-of-mig-21/

Reactions: sob

sob

Mod
Country flag

Crazy journalists ready to jump the gun and frame sentences purely on the basis of sensationalism.

TrueSpirit

High Court record is completely computerised, the time you file the case it reflect in Website. I too practice in HC and DRT and regularly use this website.
Ohk, that's great. So, what could have been their motivations behind such fake news ? I mean, is it usual for mainstream & popular newspapers like ToI to report BS ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Crazy journalists ready to jump the gun and frame sentences purely on the basis of sensationalism.
SOB what has hit me is the fact that Military personals cant say that we have right to "right to work in a safe environment." tomorrow no one will go to war if that logic is given. personals of armed forces dont have all the Fundamental Rights.

It appears that who so ever has made this news was not aware about the legal position. That is what made me search for this case in High Courts website and i am doing this for two days. lets say they have not updated it. Even that is not possible as once the case is filed it is entered into computer for the diary number to be given, then send for inspection to see defects and then again log in to the High Court computer.

Then date was given, which will again show up at the high court website for the lawyers to be present on the date of hearing. If their is any objection it will be reflected.

Plus no follow up news about any notice issued by HC. So if they filed it on 17 th and it was news, by now case would have been listed if no objection has been found in the writ.
I will check it up again on Monday, as Saturday is holiday in HC. Just to be sure.

Reactions: sob

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

i searched today same result.

TrueSpirit

i searched today same result.
So, it stands confirmed that the news was indeed fake...

But, I am curious why & how the reputed & mainstream print media in India went ahead & reproduced the news without any verification..?

Why there has been no rebuttals/debunking from IAF/Def. Min./Def. Secretary etc. so far ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

So, it stands confirmed that the news was indeed fake...

But, I am curious why & how the reputed & mainstream print media in India went ahead & reproduced the news without any verification..?

Why there has been no rebuttals/debunking from IAF/Def. Min./Def. Secretary etc. so far ?
kiska pass time hai ?

TrueSpirit

kiska pass time hai ?
But this looks like a well-planned vilification-cum-disinformation campaign initiated by vested interests. There could be several such BS articles/reports floating around.

Tracing the source (who fabricated the whole story) needs to be done.

Anyway, it has once again proved that when it comes to defence reporting, Indian journos as well as editorial staff are completely clueless & are themselves susceptible to misleading propaganda. What can one expect from them...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

But this looks like a well-planned vilification-cum-disinformation campaign initiated by vested interests. There could be several such BS articles/reports floating around.

Tracing the source (who fabricated the whole story) needs to be done.

Anyway, it has once again proved that when it comes to defence reporting, Indian journos as well as editorial staff are completely clueless & are themselves susceptible to misleading propaganda. What can one expect from them...
Be proactive. Invite them to DFI.

mikhail

Country flag

Be proactive. Invite them to DFI.
Sir,even if we invite those journalists to DFI they won't come here as the reality is that they don't know a jack about the Indian defense establishment.heck they don't even know the basic difference between an INSAS A.R. and an AKM and most of them don't even qualify to be defense journalists.there are only a handful authentic defense journalists in India like Ms.Suman Sharma and all the others are literally noobs!

TrueSpirit

Sir,even if we invite those journalists to DFI they won't come here as the reality is that they don't know a jack about the Indian defense establishment.heck they don't even know the basic difference between an INSAS A.R. and an AKM and most of them don't even qualify to be defense journalists.there are only a handful authentic defense journalists in India like Ms.Suman Sharma and all the others are literally noobs!
Here's 4-year old news article that demonstrates the level of our journos:

The Hindu : National : Flying high in the mighty MiG-35

This is what was originally reported about Suman Sharma:

A qualified pilot with a stint in the IAF as a commissioned officer and currently a flying instructor with the Indian Military Academy (IMA) at Dehradun, Ms. Sharma flew in the single-engine F-16 with Lockheed test pilot Paul Randall. They touched 6G while flying 90 miles southwards into interior Karnataka.
In the run-up to her mid-air adventures onboard the supersonic fighters, Ms. Sharma flew a Boeing commercial jet (737) for 15 hours non-stop from New Delhi to Chicago in January 2008 on a familiarisation trip to the Lockheed factory where she got a feel of the Falcons in a simulator and a first-hand exposure to the latest aerospace technologies.
During my IAF service, I co-piloted transport aircraft AN-32 and IL-76 and flew civilian jets subsequently. The experience came handy in conditioning to fly the fighters.
And, here's the reality which proves these wannabe reporters are not just naive but compulsive liars:

Corrections and Clarifications

In connection with an IANS report "Flying high in the mighty MiG-35" (February 16, 2009), Ms. Suman Sharma clarifies: "This is to bring to your notice some clarifications about the story on my MiG-35 flight. Some of the facts have been incorrectly reported and misrepresented by the agency reporter. Information which was never given by me has been reported. It has been mentioned that I am a qualified pilot with a stint in the Indian Air Force (IAF) as a commissioned officer and currently a flying instructor with the Indian Military Academy (IMA). I am not a commissioned officer with the IAF (I never was) and currently not with the IMA. I was a passenger in the US-bound Boeing 737 commercial aircraft like everybody else, and not its pilot/co-pilot. Neither have I piloted or co-piloted IAF transport planes ever. I have just flown in them as a passenger. I have co-piloted these fighter jets (the F-16 and the MiG-35) in Bangalore for the first time. I categorically told the reporter that I am a Delhi-based journalist and a former academic instructor (not flight instructor - there is no flying taught at the IMA) from the IMA." (The report was on Ms. Sharma becoming the world's first woman to fly the Russian MiG-35 fighter, at the Aero India 2009 air show.) Women fighter pilots are not yet permitted in the IAF.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Just because you can't find it on the site doesn't mean it is fake.

TrueSpirit

Have you gone through all posts of @sayareakd in this thread ?

Even I was skeptical initially, but subsequently when sayareakd shared proof, my doubts were addressed. This does appears to be a fake news.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

LOL.......... If you cant find it on the site, then it wont be listed in cause list and if it wont be listed on cause list, it wont be come for hearing.

DHC is all computerized, except for court files (only E court of DHC has files and soft copies).

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

LOL.......... If you cant find it on the site, then it wont be listed in cause list and if it wont be listed on cause list, it wont be come for hearing.

DHC is all computerized, except for court files (only E court of DHC has files and soft copies).
I just ran three petitions through the HCD query, couldn't find any of them so nope. There isn't much of anything on that site.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

may be actual case is filed in someone else name. But it has been days and no news if notice was issued against GOI on this Writ.

Plus most important thing. Military personals dont have all the Fundamental rights as per Indian Constitution.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles