Fake encounter: No evidence against Modi, CBI says

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Apr 23, 2014.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Fake encounter: No evidence against Modi, CBI says

NEW DELHI: A day after law minister Kapil Sibal claimed that Narendra Modi was a "potential accused" in Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case and slammed CBI for not questioning him, the agency discarded his allegations, calling it "political statements". A senior CBI officer said thorough investigations didn't yield any prosecutable evidence against the Gujarat CM.

The officer said they had questioned all those related to the case, examined call details and circumstances before filing the chargesheet in 2012. "We have already examined all the material cited by Kapil Sibal before filing the chargesheet. We were satisfied that there was no prosecutable evidence on record to link Modi with the encounter," said the officer.

CBI refused to give an official reaction to Sibal's allegations and call details shared by him with the media. An officer said they had already charged close Modi aide Amit Shah and Gujarat police officers in the case. "We don't have any investigation pending in the case," he said.

He said the agency had examined accused police officer DG Vanzara's letter, written from inside the jail accusing the Gujarat government of ignoring the police officers, but it did not find any evidence against anybody in CM's office.

"CBI officers know their work - who to be questioned according to available evidence," said the officer.

Sibal, while giving purported call details of conversations between police officer Rajkumar Pandian and Parag Shah who he said worked in the CM's office, had said: "Modi is a potential accused. The circumstantial evidence is clear. We are wondering why the CBI has not arrested Parag Shah and why Modi has not been interrogated."

CBI had charged Amit Shah in Prajapati fake encounter case alongwith 19 others. Prajapati was killed near Chhapri village near Danta in Palanpur on December 28, 2006 in an allegedly fake encounter. In its chargesheet, CBI had said that Prajapati was a witness in the Sohrabuddin case and his killing was part of a larger conspiracy in which Shah, then junior home minister, was involved.

Sohrabuddin and his wife Kauser Bi were allegedly abducted by the Gujarat's Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) from Hyderabad and killed in a fake encounter near Gandhinagar in November 2005. Prajapati, said to be a Sohrabuddin's accomplice, was also subsequently eliminated by ATS, CBI had said.

3. fallenwarrior

fallenwarrior Regular Member

funny that media fans these wild allegations and fail to publish these clarifications.

talk about "unbiased media".

4. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha Regular Member

UPA grasp on CBI over. New govt coming. Interesting times ahead.

5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Kapil Sibal is a motormouth like Digvijay Singh.

He is shivering in his pants and trying to suppress his fears with a diarrhoeaic mouth.

Even his own CBI scoffs his pronouncement as 'political statement'.

Ever since he tried to cover the 2G scam as 'no loss' issue, he has lost all credibility as even a lawyer.

6. pkroyal

pkroyal Regular Member

Sohrabuddin was a Dawood henchman, extorting crores from Businessmen even in Rajasthan. His tentacles spread far & wide including a top marble magnate of Kishangarh. When it reached breaking point,( even the home minister of Rajasthan was aware of this) he was eliminated during an encounter while returning with a sackful of cash by Gujarat ATS.

7. abhi_the _gr8_maratha

abhi_the _gr8_maratha Senior Member Senior Member

riots are result of public's feeling, anger and mood of hatred , I wonder how congress thinks that modi government is responsible for gujrat riot, and then why don't they blame rajiv gandhi for riot of 1984 or nehru for riot occurred while indo-pak separation
    mainly the every blame on modi by congress are political including this one by kapil sibbal(one of three and half idiots of congress other are DIGVIJAY, PRANAB {PRESIDENT ,CAUSE HE IS THE REASON OF DOWNFALL OF INDIAN ECONOMY WHEN HE WAS FINANCE MINISTER} AND THE HALF ONE IS RAHUL GANDHI{ HE IS HALF FOOL AND THAT'S WHY MOST DANGEROUS LIKE HALF KNOWLEDGE})

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  8. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Congis openly did riots in 84 and with no shame keep the idiotic rhetoric "Gujrat riots" in each of their statements.

Everyone is sick and tired of their idiotic rhetoric "Gujrat riots" and Raul Vinci says "I don't know I was not there".

9. abhi_the _gr8_maratha

abhi_the _gr8_maratha Senior Member Senior Member

that's what I said but I said it in soft tone

10. Eesh

Eesh Regular Member

I doubt people give a hoot if it was a real or fake encounter. General public opinion is : Good riddance a few terrorists.

11. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha Regular Member

20 more days and we'll know what the brief to the CBI on Modi was.

12. Neytiri

Neytiri Tomboy

How difficult is that to guess???
    It is as if the king didnt know what his ministers and pawns were upto..yes I mean Amit Shah.
    But then a month back US back tracking and reconsidering its decision of ban on Modi and a special meeting of Nancy Powell with Modi are all indicators that nobody wants to mess with Modi.
    So why would CBI??? :pop:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  13. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Sohrabuddin was a notorious criminal AFAIK and Andhra Police as well as Rajasthan Police were involved in the encounter.

Gujarat, Amit Shah and thus Modi is being targetted solely.

14. Neytiri

Neytiri Tomboy

Are we talkıng just about Sohrabbudın??

What about the 1000 others who dıed durıng Godhra massacare??

15. Kaalapani

Kaalapani Tihar Jail Banned

Riots my friend Riots.

Congress is free to invistigate .

Congress,CBI,CIA,Hillary all tried to corner Modi and nothing came up.

This has been discussed for 12 long years please have a life.

300 are also Hindus +60 RSS members.

16. Neytiri

Neytiri Tomboy

Wow!!!
    The king could not sniff what was going right under his nose even with his top lieutenants involved ?? You want me to believe that??
    I would take this as his apology when in 2012 he apologized for any mistakes he may have made as the state’s chief. "There may have been a time when I hurt someone or when I made a mistake," he said,adding, "I ask my 60 million Gujaratis to forgive me."

And yes that was a "riot".

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  17. Kaalapani

It dosent matter what you say or cry.You will be crying for life.
    Go and cry before Supreme Court.

If no court ,sit can find any thing against him who are you .

18. Neytiri

Neytiri Tomboy

Lol
    As if somebody's tears would matter to Supreme court,like it did not matter when Jagdish Tytler came out of the '84 sikh riot case unscathed.

19. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Looks like you know nothing about riots...

20. Kaalapani

What does Tytler got to do with modi?

21. Kaalapani

Aap kehna kya chate ho?