Facebook blocked in Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by LurkerBaba, Mar 14, 2012.

1. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

Citing ‘religion’, AMU officials block Facebook - Indian Express

Nagraj and marshal panda like this.
  3. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Regressive step from a top university. Internet is always available outside of the campus and it will still hurt the religious sentiments.

4. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Interesting..............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

ha. There you go. Medieval minds. That too from a top university. Now as a citizen of India am i to speak against it, or will they call me communal for that:taunt1::frusty:

Great going!!!!

So lets see how many sickulars are bashing this issue shall we??:taunt1::taunt:

Tshering22 and aerokan like this.
  6. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

The Muslim community, though were rulers of India at one time, boycotted everything British, to include the English language when the British took over India.

By insulating themselves, they deprived themselves of the facilities of the changed times.

In the bargain, the Muslims lost out in British India.

Unless the Muslim leaders stop insulating the community from modern realities, again the Muslims will go into a decline.

It is time for the wise people of the community to realise the folly.

Illusive and Virendra like this.
  7. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Regular Member

Why Ban Facebook ? actually most posted in FB are contents available in other websites so the best way would be to ban INTERNET.

8. nitesh

nitesh Mob Control Manager Stars and Ambassadors

ray sir, small nitpcik

You know this line is not correct, this lie is used by pakis :D

Nagraj likes this.
  9. Ray

OK, certain swathes of what is today's India! :thumb:

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  10. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

What about accessing FB on mobile phones; how will you ban that? ;)

Mad Indian likes this.
  11. aerokan

aerokan Regular Member

top university in what?? I am yet to see any sane statements or sane people coming out of this university.

Nagraj and Mad Indian like this.
  12. Ray

It is the best university amongst the Muslim community.

13. aerokan

aerokan Regular Member

I didn't ask top university among whom? i just asked top university in what? :thumb::namaste:

14. Tolaha

Tolaha Senior Member Senior Member

Nothing wrong in blocking Facebook, if all that they wanted to do was force students to spend their time more fruitfully. If they had to block it, they should have blocked it for the right reasons.

There will be far more 'objectionable' stuff on Islam in the internet than can be found on Facebook. If students want them, they can surely get far worse stuff. Why are folks in universities and central government allowed to make decisions on matters that they don't have a clue about!!

On second thoughts, maybe, these guys have a very good idea about the 'world wide web' but do such things just to please their target audience. With the main assumption being that their target audience is DUMB.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    W.G.Ewald likes this.
  15. aerokan

aerokan Regular Member

Blocking facebook or any source of information is a wrong move irrespective of the reason. If any so called 'top university' can't come up with any better solution that blocking it, then they don't deserve anything. This applies to any 'top' university which caters to a billion plus people and couldn't come up with any better solution than simply blocking the site.

Mad Indian likes this.
  16. Rahul92

Rahul92 Senior Member Senior Member

Shut this damn university we should not universities based on religions

nitesh and Mad Indian like this.
  17. Mad Indian

now we are talking sense:thumb:, lets see the response for your suggestion:troll:

18. lemontree

lemontree Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

Most offices have blocked facebook, yahoo, etc...but it does not work.

AMU will have to start amputating the hands of the cell phone users with FB content, to enforce this ban :D

Oracle and Mad Indian like this.
  19. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Goodwork.

Yes i dislike facebook :D

Although morally i find the decision objectionable.

Oracle likes this.
  20. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Who said Muslims were rulers of India? For example, the mughals claimed that they ruled every stretch of land at the peak of their empire here. I will tell you something; they never got anywhere beyond what is today Bengal and that too in bits and pieces. If modern cartographic methods were available then, Mughal empire under a neutral study would look nothing bigger than a country slightly bigger and odd shaped Nepal of modern times. This was where their maximum power consolidation happened. And this was not because Mughals were too weak. It was just the fact that local people had a strong belief in self and their ancient culture, rich with different combat techniques that mughals or other islamic tribes were totally unfamiliar with.

It is a lie that most jholawala JNU jokers spread with the falsified and revised syllabus most kids study in our 'history' books. Mughals could never keep their rule alive in Punjab due to Sikhs, in south due to Marathas and in east due to us and Gurkhas. So? they drew their funny maps citing that they ruled all over India. Otherwise tell me; how is it that their remnants are never found beyond these borders I mentioned? :)

And this blatant lie is used by Pakistanis to feel some bit of glory that they don't know anything about.

They never really got along with the local culture which is why they didn't last too long despite their aggression.

Sadly, it is indeed in a decline. While other communities have grown to mature and accept realities, the bulk of Muslim community (except those living in metros and other cosmopolitan areas) are living still like mughal era. Those who want to cast off old and rigid concepts are looked down and community pressure makes them give up.

Try the smaller towns here in eastern India. You will understand what I am saying.

But organized religion will never allow questionable progress because it is a threat to its existence. This might sound harsh from my side, but it is the sad truth. For example, Christianity was also largely like what Saudi-style Islam is today. But only when people rejected Church and started exploring science and nature, did Europe began to peacefully prosper.

Aligarh unfortunately has become the hub of a rising jihadi mindset in India. Most SIMI operatives come from the city and this was sometime back in news reports.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
    Zoravar, mayfair, A chauhan and 2 others like this.
  21. Mad Indian

:hail::hail::hail:

Thats why organising our religions is dangerous . I like Hinduism, Buddhism and to some extend Jainism(i am a carnivore:p:p) only because they are very liberal. No one can impose anything on me. I can get free thought and rationalism without being labelled an evil person or worse. These religions are ready to accept both science and spirituality. But this is not true for Organised ones comparatively:tsk::tsk:

devgupt, Nagraj and Tshering22 like this.