F.C. Barcelona beat Real Madrid in their backyard in CL

A.V.

brca 2 -0 real

more than that the big mouth M has finally accepted defeat

anybody who saw the match last night share your thoughts

plugwater

All i saw was Barcelona players surrounding the referee and trying to influence him to send some Real player and also succeeded, Play acting and dives from both sides especially from Barca players.

2 minutes of sheer brilliance from Messi. 52 goals in one season is just god like.

no smoking

Country flag
When Real Marid adopts a detructive policy in any game against Barcelona, they should know that one day they would be caught with red card. That is the part of risk. By the way, spanish could not play defending tactics like italian. Defending is in the blood of those italian teams, they know how to control their behavior to avoid a card.

plugwater

Real Madrid tactics were spot on IMO, Jose used Pepe to shadow Messi and with 70% of possession Barca couldn't do anything and then came the send off that freed Messi. Every team that plays against Barca has no option other than being defensive and try to score one or two goals in counter. This worked very well when Jose's Inter played against Barca last season. Its stupid to attack Barca with the players they have, You will get hammered.

Gone are the days of Italian defensive supremacy. Azzurri has no players to fill the boots of Cannavaro, Maldini, Nesta etc.

mayfair

It was a terrible game unbecoming of the hype and hoopla surrounding El classico. Mourinho's rant was moaning of the worst order, but Barca players (apart from Messi), especially Xavi, Pedro and Busquets were no less disgusting with their antics. As a neutral, this was a disappointing game, even if the better team won.

Oracle

Barcelona played excellent. I like Barcelona and ManUtd. Excellent teams.

A.V.

Barca deliberately did it because madrid had just one aim form their last 2 encounters , dont get barca play , whenever they get the ball commit a small foul, if madrids was a strategy this action of barca was also a strategy

plugwater

Barca deliberately did it because madrid had just one aim form their last 2 encounters , dont get barca play , whenever they get the ball commit a small foul, if madrids was a strategy this action of barca was also a strategy
This should not be an excuse for what they did!!
It was more like El twatico.

Had this happened between two English teams we can see UEFA banning players left and right.

A.V.

This should not be an excuse for what they did!!
It was more like El twatico.

Had this happened between two English teams we can see UEFA banning players left and right.
what did the players do ? they did overact then the refree bust hold firm and its his call now with 4 assistants and tv help referees cant manage it whats the players fault

plugwater

what did the players do ? they did overact then the refree bust hold firm and its his call now with 4 assistants and tv help referees cant manage it whats the players fault
So diving isn't a players fault ?
Referee could miss things but i aint talking about that but the Barca players actions.

Oracle

I think a 3rd referee is needed, just like cricket!

A.V.

So diving isn't a players fault ?
Referee could miss things but i aint talking about that but the Barca players actions.
dont tell me players dont dive in epl , give ronaldo of madrid an oppurtunity he will dive if the air blows fast , same with villa , diving is a common thing , but then have u seen messi diving he never does , he tries to stay ob feet even after being fouled

plugwater

dont tell me players dont dive in epl , give ronaldo of madrid an oppurtunity he will dive if the air blows fast , same with villa , diving is a common thing , but then have u seen messi diving he never does , he tries to stay ob feet even after being fouled
Ronaldo dives, Rooney dives, Gerrard dives!! But that is not the point i am trying to make. We wont fake injuries and go outside of pitch in a stretcher like Alves did and also we wont surround the referee for every playacting of our players(You can see Nani getting no support for his theatrics from our players in almost all matches).

What Barca did was disgusting, FACT!!

A.V.

ok tell me the foul by pepe was it deserving of a yellow card if not red , i guess yes it was , but then referees do warn players before , in the first half of the match a number of fouls by pepe were left with a warning then why not. faking injury is good when opponents are hell bent on comitting fouls , the other defensive midfielder i forgot his name for real that day he went without scratch after scoring atleast 3 fouls which deserved one card atleast ,

wasnt sergio ramos's foul on messi deserving of a card ? so in the team where u ahve alves and pedro u also have iniesta , messi who dont fake so ist a circle its round what goes around comes back

real wanted to play with the referees patience and they got dumped

Global Defence

New threads

Articles