F-16 supply to Pakistan to continue, says US

JayATL

This is height of ignorance being discussed here. So many ignorant posters on this thread it's mind freaking boggling!

This is ain't no new deal from the US. This is the delivery of the old deal US signed and by far the worst deal any country could get. It is a shameful , embarrassing deal for Pakistan where not only do these F16's opffered are the lower block than what's out there. It is comes with stipulations like

- they will be housed in their own facility and only US and Pak personnel will have access to it
- it will have kill switches in their code that US controls
- It will not be allowed to fly outside PAK airspace
- It will not be used against INDIA

I can't remember but I think it even stipultes that it won't have any BVR missiles on it ( this one I'm not 100% sure)

This is a 'face slapping' kind of terms that Pakistan has agreed to...

and you guys are tripping over the article- heh. at least know about the subject matter before you barf out your nonsense here!

Blackwater

This is height of ignorance being discussed here. So many ignorant posters on this thread it's mind freaking boggling!

This is ain't no new deal from the US. This is the delivery of the old deal US signed and by far the worst deal any country could get. It is a shameful , embarrassing deal for Pakistan where not only do these F16's opffered are the lower block than what's out there. It is comes with stipulations like

- they will be housed in their own facility and only US and Pak personnel will have access to it

I can't remember but I think it even stipultes that it won't have any BVR missiles on it ( this one I'm not 100% sure)

and you guys are tripping over the article- heh. at least know about the subject matter before you barf out your nonsense here!
that i know

redragon

Country flag

Don't you know by now this is the way Indian members conduct discussion, American? If you check how misleading the tiles are in thread regarding China, I am sure you will feel more comofortable

sukhish

redragon,
we don't want anybody to be hurt in this forum. if your hurt I deeply aplogize. but please stay in this forum and keep having a valuable civil discussion. Yes sometime people get pumped up, because of the decades old acrimony with pakistan, but that does not mean that it has to stay the same for the next 10 years.

Blackwater

redragon,
we don't want anybody to be hurt in this forum. if your hurt I deeply aplogize. but please stay in this forum and keep having a valuable civil discussion. Yes sometime people get pumped up, because of the decades old acrimony with pakistan, but that does not mean that it has to stay the same for the next 10 years.
ohh bhai tu to senti ho gaya,relax

p2prada

This is ain't no new deal from the US. This is the delivery of the old deal US signed and by far the worst deal any country could get.
Yes and No. It is the second batch of 18 which followed the first batch as a follow on order.

It is a shameful , embarrassing deal for Pakistan where not only do these F16's opffered are the lower block than what's out there. It is comes with stipulations like
Only UAE has a higher block. Even USAF flies the same Block as the Pakistanis.

ROFL! Sargodha.

False.

Not a major problem for the PAF.

Bollocks.

The only platform in PAF which can fire the 500 Aim-120C5s which have already been delivered.

Those are the same norms India is expected to sign for Super Hornets, F-35s etc. Most of NATO also follows these norms.

What were you talking about again?

Country flag

Most of this was the BS Lockheed Martin told India to get the F-16 in the MRCA. Then this idiotic marketing angle

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-03-29/india/28124734_1_pakistan-air-force-b-configuration-fighter-jets

Indian F-16s more advanced than Pakistan's, says Lockheed Martin

forgot to mention Pakistani F-16 are gifted(bought with US aid money)

US steps up military aid to Pakistan

http://www.ndtv.com/news/world/us-steps-up-military-aid-to-pakistan-

17171.phphttp://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/28/pakistan.usa

The official said that the US did not know what had happened to the remaining 70% of the funds - amounting to approximately $3.8bn - but suspected that some of the money might have been spent on F-16 fighter jets or "a new house for an army general".

India would have to buy the 40 year old has been. One of the worst performers in the MRCA

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-light-on-why-india-rejected-f-16-fa.html

F-16IN was found non-compliant on five counts: "growth potential, carefree handling (and automatic sensing of external stores), sustained turn rate, engine change time, and assurance against obsolescence over a 15-year period."

http://shadow.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/04/29/why_isn_t_india_buying_american_fighter_jets

"Lockheed, based in the Washington suburb of Bethesda, Maryland, has offered its F-16 fighter, while Chicago-based Boeing aims to sell the F/A-18 Super Hornet. Those planes were first designed in the 1970s

Outdated aircraft
The F-16 Superviper was out for political reasons. Since an earlier version of the F-16 is the mainstay of Pakistan's air force New Delhi believed it would be impossible to explain at home why they were buying this plane. Different generations, but the name was a deal-buster. Lockheed was privately told a new number might help.

http://shadow.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/04/29/why_isn_t_india_buying_american_fighter_jetshttp://livefist.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-light-on-why-india-rejected-f-16-fa.html

JayATL

Yes and No. It is the second batch of 18 which followed the first batch as a follow on order.

Only UAE has a higher block. Even USAF flies the same Block as the Pakistanis.

ROFL! Sargodha.

False.

Not a major problem for the PAF.

Bollocks.

The only platform in PAF which can fire the 500 Aim-120C5s which have already been delivered.

Those are the same norms India is expected to sign for Super Hornets, F-35s etc. Most of NATO also follows these norms.

What were you talking about again?
What are you here ? Do you know facts or you just spout out "yes and no and false" verbiage just because...

Another condition, the report said, was that American air force engineers will accompany the delivery of the F-16s and supervise not only the air base but also the operations to be carried out by PAF against Taliban and al Qaeda. http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/7200842-paf-to-get-f16s-with-tough-stipulations
US will strictly enforce the following: a. Site surveys and end-use monitoring. b. Annual inspections/inventories of all F-16-related equipment. c. Facilities specific for F-16s storage of spare parts and maintenance. d. Enforcement of strict limitations on access to the planes. e. Complete segregation of F-16s from third country-origin aircraft (i.e. China) f. Express permission from the US before the PAF can fly the planes outside its own airspace. g. Full compliance with the security plan before the planes, weapons and equipment can be delivered.

Last edited:

Twinblade

Country flag
What are you the class clown here ? Do you know facts or you just spout out "yes and no and false" verbiage just because...
What are you, the Digvijay Singh of the forum ? Do you know facts of you just spout out conspiracy theories just because......

Who else will you think those Aim-120c5 will be used against ? flying mullahs ? or the hooris in heavens to discourage the jehadis ?

Last edited:

trackwhack

What are you the class clown here ? Do you know facts or you just spout out "yes and no and false" verbiage just because...
To become the class clown he will have to pry it out of your cold dead hands. That title belongs solely to you Jay.

JayATL

What are you, the Digvijay Singh of the forum ? Do you know facts of you just spout out conspiracy theories just because......

Who else will you think those Aim-120c5 will be used against ? flying mullahs ? or the hooris in heavens to discourage the jehadis ?
To become the class clown he will have to pry it out of your cold dead hands. That title belongs solely to you Jay.
If it ain't the Dumb and dumber bros here... go read or research what the stipulations are ...I've even added links to it in my previous post. stop talking through your ....

you guys are the mirror twins of those dumb Pakistanis on their forums with their dumb American conspiracies all day-- all the while jumping up in excitement when America gives you all the cool toys. Bi-polar posters .

trackwhack

If it ain't the Dumb and dumber bros here... go read or research what the stipulations are ...I've even added links to it in my previous post. stop talking through your .....

you guys are the mirror twins of those dumb Pakistanis on their forums with their dumb American conspiracies all day-- all the while jumping up in excitement when America gives you all the cool toys. Bi-polar posters .
Jay your reputation precedes you. No one really gives a shit about your rants.

SpArK

SORCERER
Yesterday they published a Defence report claiming "strategic partnership" with India and they have specified a country name in their long futuristic plans and then later proclaim they will arm Pakistan with falcons, how weird.

The report can be assumed as a joke.

JayATL

Jay your reputation precedes you. No one really gives a shit about your rants.
your reputation of being the baghdad bob preceeds you too- as seen again in this thread...all though not among your village groupies here.

My reputation is one of " reads the subject matter and most knowledgeable". How stupid do you guys want to look? - there are articles citing how this deal has stipulations on the Pak military and you guys chose to just go in blind with ya ignorance.

look another poster above this post now follows the same thought process as yours...

you got to freaking once in your lifetime on these forums, read up on the subject matter before espousing pure unadulterated ignorance.

READ

Another condition, the report said, was that American air force engineers will accompany the delivery of the F-16s and supervise not only the air base but also the operations to be carried out by PAF against Taliban and al Qaeda. http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/7200842-paf-to-get-f16s-with-tough-stipulations
US will strictly enforce the following:
a. Site surveys and end-use monitoring.
b. Annual inspections/inventories of all F-16-related equipment.
c. Facilities specific for F-16s storage of spare parts and maintenance.
d. Enforcement of strict limitations on access to the planes.
e. Complete segregation of F-16s from third country-origin aircraft (i.e. China) f. Express permission from the US before the PAF can fly the planes outside its own airspace. g. Full compliance with the security plan before the planes, weapons and equipment can be delivered.

Last edited:

niharjhatn

What are you here ? Do you know facts or you just spout out "yes and no and false" verbiage just because...
Comon man you can't seriously believe the quotes you posted...

US F-16's to Pak come with a 'no use against India in future'
Right coz when push comes to shove the Pak army will say "Oh no - we promised we wouldn't use those against India"

Another condition, the report said, was that American air force engineers will accompany the delivery of the F-16s and supervise not only the air base but also the operations to be carried out by PAF against Taliban and al Qaeda.
Despite US's continual influence in Pakistan, has insurgent involvement decreased? Pakistan offers insurgent groups by far the most direct aid cf any other nation.

But perhaps it will take another terrorist leader a couple of klicks from a military barracks to convince you of that fact.

sukhish

Jay,
You must understand that for far to long India had bitter acrimonious relation with Pakistan, India considered US as main factor behind this.
but those days are numbered. So please be patient. The relationship will eventually move in the right direction. But make no mistakes that India
Perceives everything with spectisism first. There will be thorough vetting of any ideas.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
simple, they want to control all other countries under their feet. they want to be headmaster of the world. use Israel against iraq, use taliban against soviet/afgan, use pak against afgan/taliban, use pak againt india, use india against china, use korea/taiwan against china and so on.. they call it "balance of power in the region".. but their american dream is not going to last long. their hayday is over
Theory of balance of power:
Balance of power in international relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

To balance India US requires China and Pakistan. But this theory was a miserable failure many a times including after and before the two world wars.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No superpower or those who feel they are so, would like India to be powerful since the superpower space is getting too crowded for their liking.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles