Exodus continues, North-East citizens flee due to threats

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ never fight a land war in Asia

Kesang

All of this seems kind of strange to an american, if some one threaten my home I would be along with all my neighbors on the front porch with a deer rifle, shot gun and few hand guns, like the first day of hunting season. Or like the old day put up a fort and then declare open season on whom ever was giving us trouble. I would prob call in a few relatives that would like that kind of thing.
^^ this post explain that how gun culture spreaded in USA.

Dude. Buying a gun is very difficult here due to strict law and cost.

average american

We don't have gung ho gun control. And most people are law abiding citizens, and leave things for the police and courts to decide.
Nothing illegal about defending your home or your self and dont seem like the police and courts are working.

Oracle

Nothing illegal about defending your home or your self and dont seem like the police and courts are working.
I was not criticizing your post. I was giving out the reality, which is sad. What you say here is also true. But even if I kill someone defending myself, there will be many things lost. Career, reputation, and by the time I would be proved not guilty, I would have had spent 20 years in jail, being an accused.

Tolaha

NEC to construct hostel for northeast Indian students in Bangalore - The Times of India

SHILLONG: The North Eastern Council (NEC), the nodal agency for economic and social development of the region, on Monday announced that it would construct a hostel exclusively for students from the region in Karnataka capital Bangalore.

The proposed hostel would accommodate around 1,700 students and would come up in an area of 39,900 square metres at the Jnana Bharati main campus of Bangalore University along the Mysore road, a NEC official said.

Under an agreement entered between the NEC and Bangalore University, NEC would sanction Rs.32.14 crore for the construction, while the varsity would provide the land free of cost.
The intentions of NEC and of Bangalore University are noble indeed. While the intent is all fine, IMO, a very bad idea! We need ideas to get North Eastern students to assimilate better. This move would only segregate them into their own blocks!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles