Exercise Shatrujeet‬ 2016

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
If there is a cross country among Indian troops with full battle load (unlikely) in this exercise,i bet Gurkhas would beat every one of them be it Dogras/Rajputs,Jats,Ahirs,Gharwalis,Maratha and Madrasi.

Also,some of the above pics are very old not from Shatrujeet :)

MKM

Country flag
If there is a cross country among Indian troops with full battle load (unlikely) in this exercise,i bet Gurkhas would beat every one of them be it Dogras/Rajputs,Jats,Ahirs,Gharwalis,Maratha and Madrasi.

Also,some of the above pics are very old not from Shatrujeet :)
Don't people posted these picture calling Shtujeet execise.
Isn't desert different from other areas because I have never seen Gurkhas in desert areas, there have been many exercises in my village in desert as in summer farms are free, army makes temporary roads in deserts in our farms, have been there with army many times in childhood but not in last 6-7 years.

aditya g

Country flag
Which system? Are these in service with Desert Scorpions?

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Don't people posted these picture calling Shtujeet execise.
Isn't desert different from other areas because I have never seen Gurkhas in desert areas, there have been many exercises in my village in desert as in summer farms are free, army makes temporary roads in deserts in our farms, have been there with army many times in childhood but not in last 6-7 years.
Buddy,Some pics like T 90 formation and BMP firing are old :)

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
The Jats will clobber the competition! Only in mountainous terrain do the Gorkhas have the edge! :tongue: :)

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
What is in your signature?
What is use of such big signature while we don't read it.
little wordings in Hebrew and Tamil, Since the forum switched into another platform.. The languages lost. and I didn't able to change it too

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Between Shatrujeet, K4 launch and focus on domestic defence manufacturing...

This is as aggressive signals a country can give to its troublesome neighbours , without actually going to war..

Even on the forum we were busy discussing these events individually, put these events together and it makes a lot of sense to me..

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!

Speaking of aggressive signals, we even did nuclear decontamination exercises. It is a part of our doctrine to have the demonstrated capability to fight in a NBC contaminated environment. This serves as a good deterrent and takes away the temptation of an adversary which is under the false impression that they might stop our advance by using tactical nukes.

Source : MoD Twitter account.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles