Exercise "Vijayee Bhava" begins today

bhramos

Country flag
Why was Arjun MBT not part of Current Exercise Vijayabhava???
did no strategy given for Arjun yet???

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Interesting point in one of the articles. Offensive air defense including interception in enemy area.

Means we lock and shoot hostile targets well before the enter indian air space. Now this would require long range SAMs. Indian SAMs are known to be archaic.

Anyone with more on this?

pankaj nema

Country flag
War will begin with IAF attacks And The Army following suit .
This will lead to PAF scrambling its air defence and ground attack jets which will be then engaged by the IAF

The SAM s that move with the strike corps are only medium ranged .

SO fighter interdiction by IAF is a must for allowing the army to do its job

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
How many times are they going to keep conducting wargames for a country that is close to its extinction? How long will the MOD and IA top brass continue to throw dirt into the eyes of common people? Honestly guys, I am not pleased about these exercises. Pakistan is NEVER in a position to strike us especially at this time. We should be focusing on our larger neighbour. This persistent training in the deserts of Rajasthan makes IA look like an escapist kid who escapes mathematics and tries to find solace in his already proficient language subjects.

How many such wargames have they had in the last 5 years? Many. But how many have they had focusing on China? Zero. Zilch. Null. This proves the fact; the ruling government is shit scared of the CCP.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Why was Arjun MBT not part of Current Exercise Vijayabhava???
did no strategy given for Arjun yet???
Arjun is not part of this formation, so not included in this exercise

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Arjuns are with South Western command not Western command, which is carrying out this exercise.
I think, SW Command is conducting its exercises in a few weeks, we can expect the (indigenous with 90% import content) Arjun in action then.

san

PHOTOS Day 2: Indian Exercise Vijayee Bhava

Courtesy: Livefist

sorry repost, but wanted to post big picture and HD..........
No common uniform. No proper combat jacket. WWII carbine. Look more like a rag tag militia than a regular army:mad2:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
No common uniform. No proper combat jacket. WWII carbine. Look more like a rag tag militia than a regular army:mad2:
they appears to be tank crew members, tank crew carry carbine, as they dont need rifle and due to space constrains in tanks small carbine is preferred.

debasree

Country flag
its look like old war horse like bmp ,t-72 tanks and mi 17 & chetak are practising and millitary brass talking about new platform i dont under stand it

gogbot

its look like old war horse like bmp ,t-72 tanks and mi 17 & chetak are practising and millitary brass talking about new platform i dont under stand it
You saw the The T-90's , Dhurvs also take part.
Many of the older systems have also been through a round of upgrades. T-72's been through the ringer.

They are also obviously focusing on the new CnC capabilities in this exercise.

pmaitra

You saw the The T-90's , Dhurvs also take part.
Many of the older systems have also been through a round of upgrades. T-72's been through the ringer.

They are also obviously focusing on the new CnC capabilities in this exercise.
Thanks. If I may add, those are BMP-2 ICVs. T-90 has a lot of similarities with T-72. Even the Mil-35s are upgraded ones.

bhramos

Country flag
as it take new systems years to join or replace them, so to keep update, even these T-72 and BMP-II will only retire after 2025, until then they should be ready for war...

T-72M is upgraded to T-72M2 version, Chetak and other heli's upgraded with shakti engines...... so all of old systems are upgraded for some mean, so is noting needed to worry,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles