Exclusive: Tata to unveil India's first indigenous 155 mm howitzer

manishhot

Its denel gun, tata is fooling us, u can't make artillary in 2 years. I don't think denel will give tot totata and same thing is going for kalyani

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
our army has love for firangi maal, let see if they go for TATA's product, TATA is reliable and if they can produce 100 guns within year, then it is not bad offer, IA should get this, it is far better then not having anything in next 5 year.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
our army has love for firangi maal, let see if they go for TATA's product, TATA is reliable and if they can produce 100 guns within year, then it is not bad offer, IA should get this, it is far better then not having anything in next 5 year.
The love for foreign maal is basically due to reliability but if local stuff can match up it would be better for long term as its going to create local industry and jobs.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Any one has any idea about the weight of this gun ?

elevation pic shows that gun can fire -3 degree therefore it can be used in mountain region. But weight is issue plus the length for road curves in north east, J&K and other area having border with China.

arya

Country flag
thats in our blood every one want firagi maal .

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Its denel gun, tata is fooling us, u can't make artillary in 2 years. I don't think denel will give tot totata and same thing is going for kalyani
G6 155mm Self-Propelled Howitzer - Army Technology

The G6 is a 155mm long-range gun developed and produced by the LIW division of Denel, mounted on a chassis made by Alvis OMC (now part of BAE Systems Land Systems). The G6 is in service with the South African Army (43 systems - GV6 Rhino) and has also been exported to the United Arab Emirates (78 systems - G6 M1A3) and Oman (24 systems).

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hope Army buys it from TATA which will be major boost to Indigenous products and tie breaker for Private company of india to pitch in

But many might argue gun is not TATA made , but still its a good start i feel :thumb:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
In fact it is best move by Denel, they have given full TOT to TATA, since they are aware that they will now ever get a foot in Indian market, so what is the next best, to give TOT to TATA so that some money will come their way. TATA will in turn sell this gun as their gun and all the punga with black listing will go away since TATA is separate legal entity and trusted name in India.

Other black listed companies should take a cue from them and start doing the same things in India that way our private sector will get much needed push in Defence sector.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Hope Army buys it from TATA which will be major boost to Indigenous products and tie breaker for Private company of india to pitch in

But many might argue gun is not TATA made , but still its a good start i feel :thumb:
I would say that if it can send shell to our enemy then it is good enough.........................:thumb:3

better then having no gun at all.

Plus Bhim had this gun, so we can think further.

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
I would say that if it can send shell to our enemy then it is good enough.........................:thumb:3

better then having no gun at all.

Plus Bhim had this gun, so we can think further.
Well said bro something is better than nothing , Indian army should think in that way :sad:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles