Exclusive Economic Zones by Country

trackwhack

This table shows EEZ by country. Now you know why China is pissed. :laugh:

I have highlighted both Maldives and Mauritius. If we take the offer from Mauritius for the two Agalega Islands, nearly 40% of the EEZ will come to us. Thats about half a million sq km. If we add Maldives as an autonomous union territory, thats another million sqkm. This will bump up our overall EEZ to around 4 million sq km.

It is critical to make sure both these happen within the decade. By doing so, we will stamp our monopoly over the entire IOC.

We have to wait for the economic collapse of France before we can start buying a few atolls from them. That will take at least 30 years. Maybe 15 years for UK, but they will only sell to the US.

blank_quest

Country flag
Yes indeed natural resource is the modern day Gold and spice that has made Wars and Diplomacy take new cloak of Globalization.. Its all about money!

trackwhack

Most governments do not have the funds to prospect EEZ's for resources. But this will change when land resources run out and technology makes prospecting and extraction cost viable.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
This table shows EEZ by country. Now you know why China is pissed. :laugh:

I have highlighted both Maldives and Mauritius. If we take the offer from Mauritius for the two Agalega Islands, nearly 40% of the EEZ will come to us. Thats about half a million sq km. If we add Maldives as an autonomous union territory, thats another million sqkm. This will bump up our overall EEZ to around 4 million sq km.

It is critical to make sure both these happen within the decade. By doing so, we will stamp our monopoly over the entire IOC.

We have to wait for the economic collapse of France before we can start buying a few atolls from them. That will take at least 30 years. Maybe 15 years for UK, but they will only sell to the US.
Why would you even want French EEZ? Most of it is worthless except North Sea and French Guiana, maybe Med fishing is worth something.

trackwhack

Why would you even want French EEZ? Most of it is worthless except North Sea and French Guiana, maybe Med fishing is worth something.
It is worthless because it has not been prospected?

Note : Original post says I highlighted Maldives and Mauritius - I actually forgot. apologies.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles