Exclusive conversation with Haneen Zoubi on Live with Talat on Aaj Tv

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Interview of an Arab Israeli/Palestinian Haneen Zoubi who is a member of Knesset on Live with Talat program on the Aaj TV.Talat is the same pakistani Journalist who was on trukish Freedom Flotilla . Woman explains the whole issue of Arab Israeli conflict. But the around the end (after 28 minutes) Talat being typical Pakistani asks her... "What do Israeli and Palestinian people think of Pakistan?" And her answer is hilarious . Paki is not able to believe it so he changes the topic.

But here is the Icing. The learned lady claims in the interview that Palestine is the LAST occupied lad anywhere in the world, she repeats it thrice, so Talat say except of Kashmir. Lady replies... "may be I can learn about it later...."

Then he tells her to face the Camera and directly appeal to millions of Pakistani who are watching the program on the help you want from Pakistan.... Lady turns red, and lists out the political aim. He again insists second time "Pakistan is a very powerful muslim country where millions of people are concerned about your cause you can speak to them directly by looking at this Camera." Lady finally obliges and gives out some mumbo jumbo....

http://pakistanherald.com/Program/Live-With-Talat-June-15-2010-Talat-Hussain-4108

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
This is truly bagging of highest degree please recognize Kashmir is a problem India bad India blah blah blah and the funny is "powerful" pakistan ha ha ha..........

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Kashmir is always ours and will remain so. And Pakistan and its mentality is always hahahahaha...They are not beggars because of empty pockets but they beggars because of hollow brain....

ejazr

Ambassador
Many Pakistanis still don't realize that Palestinians know and appreciate the work GoI and India has done for them much more than can be said for GoP. The memory of Zia ul Haq going on a rampage killing thousands of Palestinians in 1970 is still not forgotten by many.
What would be even more unsettling is that Mahmoud Abbas has actually requested India and not Pakistan for helping out in the peace process as they believe that India would be fair to both sides.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Many Pakistanis still don't realize that Palestinians know and appreciate the work GoI and India has done for them much more than can be said for GoP. The memory of Zia ul Haq going on a rampage killing thousands of Palestinians in 1970 is still not forgotten by many.
What would be even more unsettling is that Mahmoud Abbas has actually requested India and not Pakistan for helping out in the peace process as they believe that India would be fair to both sides.
Ejzaji,can you shed some detail light on the bold part....never came across anything regarding zia's killings in Palestine.This is totally new info for me....

ejazr

Ambassador
Black September in Jordan
Tariq Ali on Zia and Bhutto - BBC Urdu
You can check out the above two links for some brief history. Zia was comandeering a division of Pakistani soldiers that suppressed the Palestinian rebellion against the dictatorship of King Hussein of Jordan. This was the only conflict were Pakstani soldiers fought in the ME under a Pakistani flag. There are some reports of PAF pilots flying planes in 67 as "volunteers" but not under PAF or Pakistani flag.

This is not too shocking when you look at history through the most important theme of that era i.e. the Cold War. More often than not the religious angle is played up both in the ME and in the sub-continent when most of the events were actually because of the Cold War calculations by various states and superpowers.

India's relation with other ME countries such Palestine Egypt and Iraq on one hand while SA, Jordan and Turkey on the other were a result of these Cold war plays. Iran was also a stauch ally against Communism atleast until 1979, although the govt. after that was even more anti-communist.
I was planning to write up a blog post on these areas and might come up with something soon.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles