ex-RAW chief : India funded militants in Kashmir to counter ISI

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
http://tribune.com.pk/story/914740/india-funded-militants-in-kashmir-to-counter-isi-ex-raw-chief/

In the first admission of its kind, former chief of India’s premier spy agency (RAW) said Indian intelligence agencies have over the years paid militants and separatists, along with mainstream politicians and political parties in Indian Kashmir to compete with Pakistan’s spy agency, ISI.

“So what’s wrong? What is there to be so shocked or scandalised by. It’s done the world over,” former RAW Chief AS Dulat said, while speaking to NDTV’s Barkha Dutt.

Elaborating, Dulat said the Indian government quite often paid for the air fares, medical treatment and general upkeep of even hardened pro-Pakistan separatists like Syed Ali Shah Geelani.

Continuing with the revelations, the former RAW chief admitted India’s ‘spooks’ had been in touch with everyone from ‘separatists and militants’.

“One of India’s most wanted terrorists Syed Salahuddin was in touch with me and was ready to leave Pakistan and return to India.”

Further, defending the use of money in Indian-Kashmir, the former RAW chief said it was done in the hope of engaging militants and separatists and also to compete for influence with the ISI.

“Corrupting someone with money is more ethical and smarter than killing him,” he added.

Dulat’s statement comes weeks after a verbal tirade between Pakistan and India. Recently, Pakistani leaders and the military have constantly been accusing RAW of funding terror activities in Pakistan. In a a rare public statement after a meeting on May 6, top military commanders accused RAW of fuelling terrorism in the country.

This article originally appeared on NDTV.
India funded militants in Kashmir to counter ISI: ex-RAW chief - The Express Tribune

PS: Did this article actually appear on NDTV, or is it the ISPR propaganda?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
http://tribune.com.pk/story/914740/india-funded-militants-in-kashmir-to-counter-isi-ex-raw-chief/

In the first admission of its kind, former chief of India’s premier spy agency (RAW) said Indian intelligence agencies have over the years paid militants and separatists, along with mainstream politicians and political parties in Indian Kashmir to compete with Pakistan’s spy agency, ISI.

“So what’s wrong? What is there to be so shocked or scandalised by. It’s done the world over,” former RAW Chief AS Dulat said, while speaking to NDTV’s Barkha Dutt.

Elaborating, Dulat said the Indian government quite often paid for the air fares, medical treatment and general upkeep of even hardened pro-Pakistan separatists like Syed Ali Shah Geelani.

Continuing with the revelations, the former RAW chief admitted India’s ‘spooks’ had been in touch with everyone from ‘separatists and militants’.

“One of India’s most wanted terrorists Syed Salahuddin was in touch with me and was ready to leave Pakistan and return to India.”

Further, defending the use of money in Indian-Kashmir, the former RAW chief said it was done in the hope of engaging militants and separatists and also to compete for influence with the ISI.

“Corrupting someone with money is more ethical and smarter than killing him,” he added.

Dulat’s statement comes weeks after a verbal tirade between Pakistan and India. Recently, Pakistani leaders and the military have constantly been accusing RAW of funding terror activities in Pakistan. In a a rare public statement after a meeting on May 6, top military commanders accused RAW of fuelling terrorism in the country.

This article originally appeared on NDTV.
India funded militants in Kashmir to counter ISI: ex-RAW chief - The Express Tribune

PS: Did this article actually appear on NDTV, or is it the ISPR propaganda?
There is nothing controversial what ex RAW Chief has uttered it is only NDTV trying to make it controversial and sensationalist. There main purpose was to neutralized the separatists.

I may have done it differently (used force) because Kashmiris are thankless thugs who have institutionalize blackmail and I can clearly see a scam as there is government money involved.

NDTV is known to use clever words to obfuscate and make it less difficult or even acquit their political masters. Like yesterday Barkha Dutt used word 'WE' (were paying Separatist) instead of Congress-I. Not to mention they never miss to tag ABV's 6 years in Government when such mal-practices were in place for last 2 decades.

NDTV's motive here is to bring the ex chief on record and use his convenient quotes as their own content for future references especially when Pakistan will get cornered for its would be mischief and these Pak apologist NDTV scums will jump in quick to save them, to provide them breathing space.

BTW we can not help stop people write a book, my problem is when these retired officers start giving interviews to these media crooks and get muddled up to the chicanery they (MSM) cast upon them.

avknight1408

Country flag
The Ikhwan funding is no secret. After BJP came to power the 'unindentified gunmen' are back. You must read local kashmir media to know about the panic among ex-militants and separatists.

blueblood

@hit&run , and the snowball affect of this kind of shit will be seen in the international media.

In the wake of India’s hot pursuit of militants into Myanmar, Pakistan has raised numerous alarms about Indian aggression. It has issued various warnings that no such Indian incursion into Pakistan will be tolerated. As often happens in such circumstances, the international media has raised the tocsin of the potential for yet another “Indo-Pakistan” clash. Unfortunately, much of this coverage of the so-called India-Pakistan conflict is deeply problematic in that writers, perhaps with good intentions, seek to impose a false equivalence on both nations’ conduct, giving the impression that India and Pakistan contribute equally to the fraught situation that currently exists.

http://warontherocks.com/2015/06/false-equivalency-in-the-indo-pakistan-dispute/

Zebra

Country flag
There is nothing controversial what ex RAW Chief has uttered it is only NDTV trying to make it controversial and sensationalist. There main purpose was to neutralized the separatists.

I may have done it differently (used force) because Kashmiris are thankless thugs who have institutionalize blackmail and I can clearly see a scam as there is government money involved.

NDTV is known to use clever words to obfuscate and make it less difficult or even acquit their political masters. Like yesterday Barkha Dutt used word 'WE' (were paying Separatist) instead of Congress-I. Not to mention they never miss to tag ABV's 6 years in Government when such mal-practices were in place for last 2 decades.

NDTV's motive here is to bring the ex chief on record and use his convenient quotes as their own content for future references especially when Pakistan will get cornered for its would be mischief and these Pak apologist NDTV scums will jump in quick to save them, to provide them breathing space.

BTW we can not help stop people write a book, my problem is when these retired officers start giving interviews to these media crooks and get muddled up to the chicanery they (MSM) cast upon them.
I agree with you on that part.

On top of it, add Indian congress party in it.

Last edited:

hit&run

Mod
@hit&run , and the snowball affect of this kind of shit will be seen in the international media.

In the wake of India’s hot pursuit of militants into Myanmar, Pakistan has raised numerous alarms about Indian aggression. It has issued various warnings that no such Indian incursion into Pakistan will be tolerated. As often happens in such circumstances, the international media has raised the tocsin of the potential for yet another “Indo-Pakistan” clash. Unfortunately, much of this coverage of the so-called India-Pakistan conflict is deeply problematic in that writers, perhaps with good intentions, seek to impose a false equivalence on both nations’ conduct, giving the impression that India and Pakistan contribute equally to the fraught situation that currently exists.

http://warontherocks.com/2015/06/false-equivalency-in-the-indo-pakistan-dispute/
Good find, this is how these cooks bio-feed each other. They set the equivalence to mount pressure on its own country. The very tips for Pakistan to negate Indian accusations are served right form studios of Indian News Channels.

One good case I can recall was beheading of Indian soldiers when a year old incident of border construction by India was made responsible for it by Indian media.

Barkha Dutt came out quick to vomit out her experience of seeing a beheaded Pakistani regular during Kargil. We all know it was a full blown war at mountains with our young officers getting killed, flown back to New Delhi in body bags and enraged forces recovering those peaks inch by inch on foot. But still, it was equated with peace time cowardly ambush under the guise of singed ceasefire pact by Pakistanis.

Another one was Intrusion by PLA justified by telling the world that even Indian go cross the de-marked line when PLA's setting camps had no equivalence with random patrol of ITBP or other forces.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Some Background :

I was very upset with Dulat: Advani Published: Monday, March 24, 2008, 14:06 [IST]

http://www.oneindia.com/2008/03/24/i-was-very-upset-with-dulat-advani-1206347748.html

New Delhi, Mar 24 (UNI) Leader of the Opposition L K Advani has said he was very upset with former RAW chief A S Dulat for giving some Hurriyat leaders an impression that the NDA government was prepared to look at solutions to the Kashmir issue outside the Indian constitution. ''I learnt that Dulat, who was in regular contact with the leaders of various groups in Kashmir, had given some Hurriyat leaders the impression that the (Vajpayee) government was prepared to look at solutions to the Kashmir issue outside the ambit of the Indian constitution,'' Mr Advani says in his book 'My Country, My Life' released here recently. ''I was very upset at this and, in my very first meeting with Hurriyat delegation, I made it clear that there was no question of the government entertaining any proposal outside the Indian constitution.'' The Leader of the Opposition also said that his approach to the talks with the Hurriyat leaders was different than that of the National Security Advisor and Principal Secretary to then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Brajesh Mishra, and Mr Dulat, who was serving as an advisor in the PMO on Jammu and Kashmir affairs. ''There was a significant difference in my approach to the talks with the Hurriyat leaders and that of Brajesh Mishra and Dulat,'' he says. Mr Advani held two rounds of talks with the Hurriyat leaders - first on January 22, 2004 and the second on March 27, 2004. The BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate expressed satisfaction over his talks with the Hurriyat leaders. ''Nevertheless, when I look back at my dialogue with the Hurriyat Conference, I experience considerable satisfaction. Most analysts described my talks with the Hurriyat leaders as a 'milestone' on the road to peace.'' He has full praise for Hurriyat leaders as well.

''A major reason for that (satisfaction) was I found the Hurriyat leaders to be genuine, earnest, and, to some extent, open-minded in their ineractions with me. Similarly, on my part, I was able to convince them about my sincerity, and the sincerity of the Vajpayee government, in pursuit of peace in Jammu and Kashmir,'' writes Mr Advani.

hit&run

Mod
Some Background :

I was very upset with Dulat: Advani Published: Monday, March 24, 2008, 14:06 [IST]

http://www.oneindia.com/2008/03/24/i-was-very-upset-with-dulat-advani-1206347748.html

New Delhi, Mar 24 (UNI) Leader of the Opposition L K Advani has said he was very upset with former RAW chief A S Dulat for giving some Hurriyat leaders an impression that the NDA government was prepared to look at solutions to the Kashmir issue outside the Indian constitution. ''I learnt that Dulat, who was in regular contact with the leaders of various groups in Kashmir, had given some Hurriyat leaders the impression that the (Vajpayee) government was prepared to look at solutions to the Kashmir issue outside the ambit of the Indian constitution,'' Mr Advani says in his book 'My Country, My Life' released here recently. ''I was very upset at this and, in my very first meeting with Hurriyat delegation, I made it clear that there was no question of the government entertaining any proposal outside the Indian constitution.'' The Leader of the Opposition also said that his approach to the talks with the Hurriyat leaders was different than that of the National Security Advisor and Principal Secretary to then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Brajesh Mishra, and Mr Dulat, who was serving as an advisor in the PMO on Jammu and Kashmir affairs. ''There was a significant difference in my approach to the talks with the Hurriyat leaders and that of Brajesh Mishra and Dulat,'' he says. Mr Advani held two rounds of talks with the Hurriyat leaders - first on January 22, 2004 and the second on March 27, 2004. The BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate expressed satisfaction over his talks with the Hurriyat leaders. ''Nevertheless, when I look back at my dialogue with the Hurriyat Conference, I experience considerable satisfaction. Most analysts described my talks with the Hurriyat leaders as a 'milestone' on the road to peace.'' He has full praise for Hurriyat leaders as well.

''A major reason for that (satisfaction) was I found the Hurriyat leaders to be genuine, earnest, and, to some extent, open-minded in their ineractions with me. Similarly, on my part, I was able to convince them about my sincerity, and the sincerity of the Vajpayee government, in pursuit of peace in Jammu and Kashmir,'' writes Mr Advani.
Ok, So he was a semi lose cannon, who got reprimanded during NDA rule.

Anyhow ex chief's utterances are not going to make any difference to present dispensation. Free food chewer Yasin Malik is already out to say that he never got the money :lol: (typical Kashmiri).

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
So Before Reders speculate further on AS Dulat doing what he is , this could be the Reason : A layman speculation and googling;

http://onlykashmir.in/political-kaleidoscope-nn-vohra-misfit-ps-gill-suited-as-governor-jk/

J&K Political Kaleidoscope: NN Vohra Misfit, PS GILL and AS Dulat suited as Governor

Only Kashmir | Bilal Bashir Bhat |15 Jan 2015

With governor change in offing in Jammu & Kashmir speculation, political kaleidoscope is full of analysis as to who can replace the present Governor NN Vohra who now does not seem to fit in the present scheme of things. Political Pundits state considering the nomenclature and policy matters of present Central Government and also what can be the nature of upcoming state government makes Vohra a misfit man in this scenario. Analysts are opining that even if the state of J&K remains under Governor Rule for long haul still NN.Vohra does not suit the contours of overall situations.

When Vohra was made Governor in 2008 he had to douse the fires raged by Amarnath Land row which he did but now in 2015 his presence according to many seems have become obsolete as he is not now offering any refreshing aura. So the million dollar question is who could offer this refreshing aura? The answer seems to be provided by two personas – PS Gill & AS Dulat.

As a matter of fact, Since February 2003 until he became the governor, Vohra had been the Indian government’s interlocutor in Kashmir. As such he had been holding wide-ranging discussions with both the elected representatives in the state and also the separatists in a bid to forge a common ground for the all-round development of the state. But now as the dynamics have changed and to an extent hardened too PS Gill seems to be first choice.

Pertinently, Former Director General of Police, Punjab, Paramdeep Singh (PS) Gill who was an IPS officer of the Jammu and Kashmir cadre. A brief look at the probable candidates of would be the next Governor of Jammu and Kashmir offer exciting picture. Pertinently, PS Gill, who retired as DGP Punjab was brought to the state of Punjab from Jammu and Kashmir in 2009 to ensure his appointment as DGP. He also fought the assembly election in Punjab.

PS Gill joined the Indian Police Service (IPS) in the year 1974 and served in various capacities in J&K police. He served as Director, Sher-I-Kashmir Police Academy, Udhampur, ADGP Armed, vigilance Commissioner and Transport Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir. He is known as dynamic police official with effective professional skills and a man possessing dynamic and diverse capabilities earning him respect as the vibrant face in the world of policing in India. According to experts, Mr. Gill’s policing experience in Jammu & Kashmir and his vibrant attitude could be the contributing factors in his possible journey towards becoming the next Governor of Jammu & Kashmir. Critics say P.S.Gill can play a key role in Jammu and Kashmir as Governor.
Since dynamics have changed a lot and situation is somewhat tough especially in backdrop of turbulent borders and flood devastation in Kashmir PS Gill seems to be first choice as he can play a dynamic role in this regard and recently he proved his mettle for BJP by acting as a coordinator in overall paradigms of election campaign in Jammu & Kashmir which saw BJP delivering an impressive performance and getting 25 seats and as per many political watchers brain and acumen of PS Gill played a crucial role in this regard.

Now on second option terms AS Dulat would be other preferred choice as he has been a member of the National Security Advisory Board. Critics regard Dulat amongst one of India’s leading experts on Kashmir. A former special director of the Intelligence Bureau and former chief of the Research and Analysis Wing, he also served as then prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s adviser on Kashmir.

In nutshell, NN. Vohra seems to have served his time and J&K waits for PS Gill to take over the reins of next Governor of Jammu & Kashmir.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Ok, So he was a semi lose cannon, who got reprimanded during NDA rule.

Anyhow ex chief's utterances are not going to make any difference to present dispensation. Free food chewer Yasin Malik is already out to say that he never got the money :lol: (typical Kashmiri).
It seems, he has been planning to be and working for governor of J&K for a long time? Making net with Kashmiris like Gilani and Farooq and others and declaring on TV he has tremendous sympathies for Kashmities.... drinking Kahwa for long time... It seems he is now convinced his prospects are nil..

An Ex Chief's revelation on modus operandi of Indian intelligence is not good.

Daulata's revelations about living Vajpai, Farooq , his son, Yasin Malik, Shabir Shah, Hizbul Mujahidin, Gilani are not good because they are still alive and factors in Kashmiri politics. It effects politics in Kashmir like the revelation that Hahbooba has links with Hijbul Nujahidin..

What ever has he done now proves he can not be trusted for that dispensation !!

Last edited:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Arent those working in such orgaignatition prevented from punlishing books or have to take permission from gov before writing/publishing such books.

I thought there where laws.....

Second this worrysome point in having person closed to congress to appoint in high position

for eg Brijesh mishra as national secqurity advisior durning ABV years and this ex-raw cheif dulat....

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
after watching their antics recently even after being saved by the IA from the past floods, i was left wondering why would these leeches be even considered being helped the next time Srinagar gets flooded?! for what?!

thankfully, towards the end, he himself uttered that funding/paying for medical expenses of the separatists was done by congress.

earlier i was wondering why all of a sudden such an interview! but reading your and the subsequent posts now i know why! rNDTV must've approached Dulat (also, an opportune time, amidst the RAW-MQM fiasco; such basturds!).

and these retd. senile chaps who otherwise carry duniya bhar ki intelligence - don't they know/have any common sense of what to speak, and esp. to WHOM to speak?! aren't they aware of the shady background of the likes of rNDTV and burqua?! ki bas camera aur presshya dekhe nahin ki munh phaadkar chale aaye! really seems like he carries some personal vendetta/agenda of his own!
the I&B ministry should look more towards such matters, to make a list of ultra-liberal anti-national channels.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pak and its media is morr active for RAW. Looks like something is cooking.

sorcerer

Country flag
Pak and its media is morr active for RAW. Looks like something is cooking.
Could be that the talks about reestablishg the deep assets by the current GoI has made the Pak establishment nervous.
By bringing in RAW more and more in their media they plan to slow down or roll back that initiative or make the Indian establishment very cautious about the restart...

Unfortunately, Pak being the breeding ground of terrorism, every nation has their assets inside Pak and the international political community knows the stake. Nobody is gonna take Pak seriously and their hyperventilation on RAW.

aliyah

unnecessary hipe by media, all behaving like school kids. no one talks abut the reduction in terrorist attacks and a feeling of safety in Kashmir..... yes we pay terrorists, underworld and many mafias across works for R&AW.
few months ago we came to know abut some IM mens fighting for IS just after we confirm it.....dunnno how some other armed men shot them ;)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Let us not forget that the so-called revelations are made in a book. More publicity more sales.

Varahamihira

Country flag
I have a big problems with these oldies.Why can't they shut-up and go to the grave like that.
Whether it's NSA Doval,Gen.VK.Sing,Dulat or DM Manohar Parikkar,etc should keep their mouth shut and do their work and should go to the grave carrying the secrets.

You should never give your opposition a chance to hit back,whether in psychological warfare or militarily.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles