Every international cricket team fixed matches in the 90s: Paul Condon

Discussion in 'Sports' started by thakur_ritesh, Nov 16, 2011.

1. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

Former ICC Anti-Corruption Unit chief Paul Condon has made a sensational claim that every international team was involved in match-fixing at some stage in the 1990s. Condon, who was founding head of the ICC's ACSU, said match fixing was not just restricted to Indian sub-continent.

Every international team fixed matches in 1990s: Condon - Hindustan Times

Every international team fixed matches in 1990s: Condon - The Times of India

The Hindu : Sport / Cricket : Every international team fixed matches in 90s: Former Anti-Corruption Chief

SHASH2K2 likes this.
  3. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

I dont think anyone would say that its wrong report . heck even world cup final was fixed. even victory by hitting a six at end of the match was also fixed. :(

4. thakur_ritesh

Incidently Australia and South Africa were considered as the biggest fixers of that era!

5. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

All Sharjah matches were fixed. Fixing was prevalent. Best is that the report points at the holier than thou lot from England right from grade cricket. Look how early they start.

SPIEZ likes this.
  6. SPIEZ

SPIEZ Senior Member Senior Member

LOL! Sharjah matches are fixed and ICC governing body meets happen at Dubai, how curious.

7. thakur_ritesh

Azharuddin's decision to field first in 1996 World Cup semis stunned me: Kambli

Azharuddin's decision to field first in 1996 World Cup semis stunned me: Kambli - The Times of India

Kambli claims that his suspicion arose due to Mohammed Azharuddin's decision to field first even though it was unanimously decided that the team would bat after winning the toss.

"I will never forget the 1996 match because my career ended after this and I was dropped from the team. I was stunned by India's decision to field,"

--------

"I was standing on one side and on the other end my fellow batsman was telling me that we would chase the target. However, soon after they quickly got out one by one. I don't know what transpired."

"Something was definitely amiss. However, I was not given a chance to speak and was dropped soon after. Our team manager at that time Ajit Wadekar was aware of everything. He had even written an article afterwards that Vinod Kambli had been made a scapegoat," he said.

--------

"We had been playing well during the entire World Cup and even defeated the likes of West Indies and Pakistan to reach the semifinal. Our openers were all set to bat, however, at the nick of time, we learnt we had to field. I got a huge shock after learning this," he said.