Even a midget nuke strike will lead to massive retaliation, India warn

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Re: Even a midget nuke strike will lead to massive retaliation, India

You could have answered this to my first post of this thread itself .
Anyway thanks for knowing that adequate data is not available in public domain, but then only God knows what are those all simulation test are all about.
Simulation is for weapons design. Designing new weapons, getting better yield for lesser amount of fissile material.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

Fallout is contained in a air burst but is very high in a ground burst.
Wind patterns etc affect this. The British and the US did a lot of test on surface not to perfect their warheads but to study the various affects of nukes. Needless to say the information is classified. After the partial test ban treaty, no one conducted surface tests.

So we can just about guess everything.
I think some of the information is available within nuclear physicist community. The data could have been well with us and already drilled via our simulators. I read some where that some of data was shared with India, I am be wrong. I will try to find, but no guarantees. :p
.....................................................................................................
Pakistanis are back to massive first strike again :rofl:.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

Check yourself...

NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein

HYDESim: High-Yield Detonation Effects Simulator

Create a Nuclear Firestorm - Nuclear Weapons Explosion Simulator | Nuclear Darkness & Nuclear Famine

I know that but one can't be damn sure about it in the age of supercomputers simulations.

Anyway that was not my point that whether do we possess 1 Mt bomb or not, I am just interested in knowing the area damaged by that type of detonation , we can always add up our sub kilo ton bombs in as many missiles to have yield of one Mt bomb.

Since Pak's land area is nearly 800000 sq kms. is there a need to empty our whole nuke arsenal in first go itself to avoid any backlash ??

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

That was just an unauthorized statement. No changes in official document.

Anyway, NFU against NNWS in itself is an oxymoron.

Last time the NSA made a statement on nukes, he changed the doctrine from NFU to NFU against NNWS.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

That was just an unauthorized statement. No changes in official document.

Anyway, NFU against NNWS in itself is an oxymoron.
Indian nuclear posture has always been ambiguous. No statement from NSA can be unauthorized. Not in matter of nuclear weapons.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

Academically speaking... We only need to take out its population centers and strategic sites. We have enough nukes for that.

List of most populous cities in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only 3km?? radius of area ie 28 sq km area affected then then by that calculation we would need at least 800000/28= 28571 pieces of One MT nuke material.
You must be wrong for only 3 km radius of affected area.

I couldn't get correct answer of my simple question .Can anybody else try ???

Your info does 't seem ok now I will need to google that.

AKHAND BHARAT

Academically speaking... We only need to take out its population centers and strategic sites. We have enough nukes for that.

List of most populous cities in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Strategic sites storing nuke materials I repeat strategic sites storing nukes are not know and nor in open to be taken out that easily as that of populated areas or for that matter normal strategic sites like air-bases, army cantonment etc .They are often stored very deep below ground in very hardened silos or even in deep systems of tunnels or may be even below mountain caverns.How to take out them at first go itself ??? That's the really big question, Any ideas about that ??

For populated areas I won't like to waste nuke material , we should temper with our regular doctrine and develope and deploy biological weapons for that specific purpose.

Last edited:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

Bio Weapons???????????????

Strategic sites storing nuke materials I repeat strategic sites storing nukes are not know and nor in open to be taken out that easily as that of populated areas or for that matter normal strategic sites like air-bases, army cantonment etc .They are often stored very deep below ground in very hardened silos or even in deep systems of tunnels or may be even below mountain caverns.How to take out them at first go itself ??? That's the really big question, Any ideas about that ??

For populated areas I won't like to waste nuke material , we should temper with our regular doctrine and develope and deploy biological weapons for that specific purpose.

Iamanidiot

@Yusuf do you think India did some leap in Nukes

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

@Yusuf do you think India did some leap in Nukes
I always felt western assessment may not be accurate. India has been totally tight lipped onnthe issue. We may have far more than the 80-100 quoted

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:

Iamanidiot

I always felt western assessment may not be accurate. India has been totally tight lipped onnthe issue. We may have far more than the 80-100 quoted

That is obvious Iam speaking about modes of delivery and MIRV

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

That is obvious Iam speaking about modes of delivery and MIRV
we are preparing for MIRV tests so yes it does represent a quantum jump in quality of the nukes,

tramp

Does India have tactical nukes?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

You know what, there is not such thing as a tactical nuke. Paki nukes are 10kt. Much less than the nukes NATO employed to take out Soviet armored columns.

India has made it clear it will only retaliate though that position may have become diluted. We will attack only cities to kill max population. A 16kt little boy killed over 80,000. So depending on the role, a nuke can be tactical of strategic.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

Something does not fit the bill here. First we say Pak has now more nukes than India. Then we say we will inflict massive damage on them. Max damage means more nukes to glass each an every inch of Pak. .......
this kind of illogical , is the kind that i like :rofl:

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Shakti IV- A 0.5 kt experimental device.
Shakti V – A 0.2 kt experimental device that used uranium-233

On 13 May, at 12.21 p.m.IST 6:51 UTC, two sub-kiloton devices (Shakti IV and V) were detonated. Due to their very low yield, these explosions were not detected by any seismic station
Pokhran-II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is pic of Thermo nuke at Shakti -I with yielding of 45 kt,

now think how small will be 0.5 kt and 0.2 kt device ? this is 1998 we are talking about.

tramp

You know what, there is not such thing as a tactical nuke. Paki nukes are 10kt. Much less than the nukes NATO employed to take out Soviet armored columns.

India has made it clear it will only retaliate though that position may have become diluted. We will attack only cities to kill max population. A 16kt little boy killed over 80,000. So depending on the role, a nuke can be tactical of strategic.
Thank you buddy.
Warheads of less than a kiloton preferably in the .2/.5 kiloton range could be purely tactical in nature, isn't it?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Thank you buddy.
Warheads of less than a kiloton preferably in the .2/.5 kiloton range could be purely tactical in nature, isn't it?
We can get the same job done with conventional weapons. A nuke is a nuke even if its a small one. It will escalate.

And no a .2kt bomb is not a tactical nuke.

ladder

Country flag

Something does not fit the bill here. First we say Pak has now more nukes than India. Then we say we will inflict massive damage on them. Max damage means more nukes to glass each an every inch of Pak.

Western Intel on Indian nukes not accurate.
Adding to it, Pakistan has only two population centers one Punjab and Sindh.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Suitcase nuke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A suitcase nuke (also suitcase bomb, backpack nuke, mini-nuke, and pocket nuke) is a tactical nuclear weapon which uses, or is portable enough that it could use a suitcase as its delivery method. Thus far, only the United States and the Soviet Union/Russian Federation are known to have possessed nuclear weapons programs developed and funded well enough to manufacture miniaturized nuclear weapons.[1][2] Both the United States and the Soviet Union have acknowledged producing nuclear weapons small enough to be carried in specially-designed backpacks during the Cold War, but neither have ever made public the existence or development of weapons small enough to fit into a normal-sized suitcase or briefcase. It has also been reported that Israel has produced nuclear warheads small enough to fit into a suitcase.[3]

Global Defence

New threads

Articles