European Union wins Nobel Peace Prize

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
My Way News - Crisis-ridden EU wins Nobel Peace Prize
The European Union won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for promoting peace and democracy in Europe - an honor that came as 27-nation bloc was struggling with its biggest crisis since it was created in the 1950s.

The Norwegian prize committee said the EU was being honored Friday for six decades of contributions "to the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe."

"The stabilizing part played by the European Union has helped to transform a once-torn Europe from a continent of war to a continent of peace," Nobel committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland said.

The EU grew out of the tremendous devastation of World War II, fueled by the conviction that ever-closer economic ties would make sure that century-old enemies never turned on each other again. It's now made up of 500 million people in 27 nations, with other nations lined up, waiting to join.
Apparently this prize award is not intended in any way to be a joke.:shocked:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is a good one for Riply's Believe it or Not!

But then when the Prize Money is shared by the EU, it will help stabilise their economy immensely I presume!

I would like to nominate the Nobel Prize Committee for an International Humanitarian and Good Samaritan Prize to recompense their financial loss in giving this Prize to the EU.

Last edited:

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Europe was once a continent (?) of War. I think they deserved a Nobel for what they did in last 60+ years by not contributing to disrupt World Peace :p

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
When thekedar of non-violence doesn't get peace prize and people engaged in war gets it then you know its full of shit.

it is nothing but extension of west foreign policy.

well atleast they didn't give the prize to fsa/terrorists in syria :yey:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
This kind of moral support will not help crisis-hit european economies.

What they need is young population and more money from rich lenders in other parts of the world.

drkrn

noble prize is peace has become a joke.no better than indian politics

this reminds me laloo prasad giving his under-19 son states best sportsman award:facepalm:

Bachchu Yadav

Great Choice EU worked hard collectively to get this.
True ! every time European countries surprised market and come up with new targets to meet.

They have done a commendable Job.

In a democracy, How difficult it is to get a scheme passed which is not favorable for individual but good for whole economy , can be understood by recent policy paralysis of UPA government.

When every regional party demanding their own share , It is very very difficult to use belt tightening measures.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
True ! every time European countries surprised market and come up with new targets to meet.

They have done a commendable Job.

In a democracy, How difficult it is to get a scheme passed which is not favorable for individual but good for whole economy , can be understood by recent policy paralysis of UPA government.

When every regional party demanding their own share , It is very very difficult to use belt tightening measures.
Nobel prizes should go to individuals, in my opinion.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The Nobel Peace Prize has always been a joke. They should just scrap it.

Nagraj

O c'on there has been no war Inside Europe for past 60 years.
think of prior 500 years in every major war almost exclusively involved at least one EU nation no matter what location of the earth u pick.
but yeah awarding EU nobel prize is still stupid

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles