Europe takes bold step toward a ban on Iranian oil

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
This is after the fact , India has nukes for 4 decades and now completing the nuclear triad a total failure by NPT treaty to not have India included in some way . India is the first non P5 nation to complete a nuclear triad.
agree,

Gone are the days when India meant a land of snake charmers and elephants​

Country flag
Sorry to disapoint but Vietnam don't trust US, we just want nuclear civilians use only we do not have the capability for WMD and we do not want to be like NK.

I hope my country concentrate on ecomics and internal structures.
Don't get into this expensive game, Vietnam is a developing country. Sign Defense pacts with bigger powers like you are doing and focus on the economy Vietnam has huge oil reserves and there is no price on the talent and efforts of the people.

Param

yes, japan got what they deserved for,.. very true...

but what was the crime of those innocent children who were vaporized in fractions of seconds?
They were Japanese:D.

Can I ask you a simple question-why did Japan deserve it more than Germany??
They deserved too. Luckily the war ended early for them

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Sorry to disapoint but Vietnam don't trust US, we just want nuclear civilians use only we do not have the capability for WMD and we do not want to be like NK.

I hope my country concentrate on ecomics and internal structures.
don't worry, you and me will be together.

:grouphug:

HeinzGud

Country flag
This time around USA is not going to put their soldiers on the battle ground. They are going and have been trying to bring Saudi Arabia and her allies of GCC in direct war against Iran. Obama is not Bush and he will do the same what was done in Libya. USA and her allies will more likely end up selling the gadgets to them. This is how it should have been in my view in 1991 and 2001. It is much more complicated than a straight forward as most of forum writers think.

In this war games Russia and China will also end up seller of all thy can do reap the benefits while it lasts.
My main concern is the flare up of sectarian violence which will be the worst thing to happen for the humanity. What ever is going on in Syria is part of the same game.

It is the Saudi Arabia Kingdom going to pee in their pants once Iran acquires the nukes.
No need to have troops in Islamic countries, just destroying nuke factories and introducing democracy would be enough to destroy Islamic countries.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
It was not so much that they deserved it. Ironically, the bombs dropped on those 2 cities helped shorten the war and avoided the probable massacre of more lives on both sides (allies and Japanese) from an Allied invasion in the mainland... If you were in Truman's shoes, would you have sent instead thousands of American youths to certain deaths in the hands of Japanese military and civilians determined to offer their lives for their Emperor when you know there's a weapon that can avert this?
i think there were also plans to drop more n.bombs.

i need to verify this.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
i think there were also plans to drop more n.bombs.

i need to verify this.

I won't be surprised if there was. But thankfully, the Emperor embraced sense for the first time and descended from his heavenly throne to stop the war. We can only speculate how many hundred thousands more Japanese live would have been killed by his and his generals' megalomaniacal dellusions...

johnee

Hypocrisy is everywhere not just the US. US cares about US interests just like we care about our interests.
Given the US propaganda(subtle and gross), people frequently tend to believe that US' line is inherently correct and others are inherently evil. I am not saying that 'others' are not inherently evil nor am I saying that US' line is not inherently correct. I am pointing out that US has double-standards and lot of hypocrisy.

US' double-standards have been pointed out to puncture its stand that it is against 'nuclear ambitions of rogue nations'.
Whether other nations are hypocrites or not, is irrelevant to the present discussion.

Param

I won't be surprised if there was. But thankfully, the Emperor embraced sense for the first time and descended from his heavenly throne to stop the war. We can only speculate how many hundred thousands more Japanese live would have been killed by his and his generals' megalomaniacal dellusions...
I would say Japan was lucky it got nuked. The Russians were ready for an invasion from the north. If that had happened Japan would have been like the Korean peninsula today.

PS: The soviets were extremely brutal in their revenge aginst the Germans.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Given the US propaganda(subtle and gross), people frequently tend to believe that US' line is inherently correct and others are inherently evil. I am not saying that 'others' are not inherently evil nor am I saying that US' line is not inherently correct. I am pointing out that US has double-standards and lot of hypocrisy.

US' double-standards have been pointed out to puncture its stand that it is against 'nuclear ambitions of rogue nations'.
Whether other nations are hypocrites or not, is irrelevant to the present discussion.

The value of the propaganda is in the conditions on the ground. Majority of us ASEANs learned how to appreciate the inherent benefits of American peace in Asia and as a result are in no hurry to change the status quo. The rest of our neighbors are also realising that you cannot forever blame Uncle Sam for your miseries...

Country flag
when the first atomic weapons were used against Japan it was a huge gamble. Many scientists at the time feared a nuclear reaction that would theoretically never stop and spread across the whole world.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I would say Japan was lucky it got nuked. The Russians were ready for an invasion from the north. If that had happened Japan would have been like the Korean peninsula today.
Even if they said no one wanted to invade Japan... remember all the countries were drained mentally and physically. If there were no A-bombs allies would've created a blockade and starve Japan to submission.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

PS: The soviets were extremely brutal in their revenge aginst the Germans.

But Soviets were also respectful of the Japanese. Maybe due to the rout they experienced at the opening of the century. That's why historical documents will show that Stalin was agonising on the decision to invade Japan.

HeinzGud

Country flag
when the first atomic weapons were used against Japan it was a huge gamble. Many scientists at the time feared a nuclear reaction that would theoretically never stop and spread across the whole world.
Why didn't it happen? can you give more details on that?

Param

But Soviets were also respectful of the Japanese. Maybe due to the rout they experienced at the opening of the century. That's why historical documents will show that Stalin was agonising on the decision to invade Japan.
he killed milions of his own people, would not have given a **** for Japan.

johnee

It was not so much that they deserved it. Ironically, the bombs dropped on those 2 cities helped shorten the war and avoided the probable massacre of more lives on both sides (allies and Japanese) from an Allied invasion in the mainland... If you were in Truman's shoes, would you have sent instead thousands of American youths to certain deaths in the hands of Japanese military and civilians determined to offer their lives for their Emperor when you know there's a weapon that can avert this?
Its one thing for soldiers to fight a war in the battlefield killing or dying for their respective countries, and quite another thing to willfully drop bombs on civilians. What is the difference between a terrorist and a soldier? What is the difference between a civil nation and a terrorist organisation? Soldiers fight war with other soldiers. They dont kill civilians. Sometimes, the collateral may happen but Hiroshima and Nagasaki were deliberate and not collateral.

US' actions were suitable to a terror organisation. Consider this: What would you do if you were in Osama's shoes? Would you send your men to certain death or would you carry out 9/11? By that logic: Is 9/11 justified?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles