Evacuated nurses going back to Yemen

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
stop them at airport, and if they don't listen ask them a letter which says they are going there on their own risk.

blueblood

stop them at airport, and if they don't listen ask them a letter which says they are going there on their own risk.
Won't make much difference. Next time they are in trouble, presstitutes will show their fucked up faces and Modi's 56 inch Seena.

But cancellation of passports due to unseen bureaucratic complications could always happen.

The enlightened

I think this is very brave and noble of them nurses. Placing the needs of the desolate over their own well-being. Of course we all look at it from our perspective highlighting the costs that we may have to bear if/when this goes bad. That would be very selfish and cynical.
If they wish to go, I think we should let them and support them as much as we can.

blueblood

I think this is very brave and noble of them nurses. Placing the needs of the desolate over their own well-being. Of course we all look at it from our perspective highlighting the costs that we may have to bear if/when this goes bad. That would be very selfish and cynical.
If they wish to go, I think we should let them and support them as much as we can.
There is not an ounce of nobility in what they are proposing to do. They took out huge loans on the basis of salaries in middle east and now its time to pay which is not possible with Indian salaries.

The enlightened

There is not an ounce of nobility in what they are proposing to do. They took out huge loans on the basis of salaries in middle east and now its time to pay which is not possible with Indian salaries.
I would need some source on this.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Oh, stop your holier than thou attitude. If their so called act of courage and righteousness is gonna cost the govt. more in IOUs to others when, not if, these morons are again in sh$t, or money of the Indian tax payer, I would say leave them to be there whatever happens. It is called intelligence which prevents a man once burnt, not to jump in fire. If they lack it, then its their fault and no responsibility of the govt.

Btw, honey, in the world that is called diplomacy and foreign relation, being selfish and cynical means that one is doing his work. A bunch of people going in a hostile place to make money, doesnt call for a nation's resouces or compromises to rescue them a second time when ghey ignored govt's advice and cautions. Remember what Japan did ehen two of their enterprising chaps were held for ransom by ISIS? It did not give in.

sorcerer

Country flag
The money is good abroad(if the hospital pays them on time). They are doing a brave and noble job ofcourse.. They are going abroad to pay off their huge education loans and build a career.

With messup in some nations with hostile situation...they create more problems for the Indian establishment.

With the lack of Indian Embassy, GoI have to deal with its allies, who themselves are dealing with their own populace in such war trodden nations. So it must be very difficult of Indian officials to delegate their tasks in Yemen or another war trodden nation without own Embassy.
Not just India, but many other nations has closed their embassy in Yemen...Situations must be really worse and unstable.

Foreign ministry is being sensible here. A good and calculated PR move by Foreign Minster.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles