Ensure no Muslim is wrongly held in terror cases, Shinde tells States

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Re: Ensure no Muslim is wrongly held in terror cases, Shinde tells Sta

The Communists so far was beyond communal politics.

It appears the lure of communal politics these days and the fact that they are becoming redundant to the Indian political scene, is what has entrapped them in this game!
Not at all Ray sir. They were as communal as SP is today. Only thing is that they never really showed their true colours while Congress kept whitewashing their riots and bullying against non-Abrahamic communities down to minimum as long as they were UPA allies.

When I went to Calicut, it was evident in the way they put posters. It has posters written in arabic for muslims with the picture of mecca's mosque, they even show jesus and write in latin along with Malayalam language but nowhere did I see them writing for the Hindus or any other community there.

Even in Bengal, you saw their colours in the Nandigram riots.

In fact, one of the main reasons why Communists were kicked out of power were because of their increasingly tyrannical ways specifically against non-muslim/non-christian people.

People thought Mamta would be neutral but she turned out to be even worse. But that's a different story.

Communists are as bad as SP and Al Khangress.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

This is the reason i call Congress as Congress(ISI)
That's nothing. Just get into a political argument with a JNU shytbag.

He'll make you feel as if you're living in Pakistan and not India.

JNU jholawalas hate India and her culture more than Pakistan and Communists put together.

pmaitra

Even in Bengal, you saw their colours in the Nandigram riots.

In fact, one of the main reasons why Communists were kicked out of power were because of their increasingly tyrannical ways specifically against non-muslim/non-christian people.
During the Nandigram violence (it wasn't exactly a riot), the TMC, Jamiat-i-Islami, BJP, and Maoists were all allied against CPI(Marxist). Their leaders even shared the stage in Nandigram.

What you are saying is nowhere close to the truth.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

During the Nandigram violence (it wasn't exactly a riot), the TMC, Jamiat-i-Islami, BJP, and Maoists were all allied against CPI(Marxist). Their leaders even shared the stage in Nandigram.

What you are saying is nowhere close to the truth.
All I am saying is that CPI(M) were violent and tyrannical. Am I saying that wrong?

Please prove me that they were peaceful.

That line on the Nandigram riots should have been put in another paragraph.

It was a separate topic altogether about Communists' violence against people and their narrow mindset.

pmaitra

All I am saying is that CPI(M) were violent and tyrannical. Am I saying that wrong?
CPI(Marxist) are communist. So are the Maoists. I take it you mean the former, since you said they were kicked out of power.

The reason you stated why they were kicked out of power is because of their tyranny against non-Muslims and non-Christians. You gave Nandigram as an example, where exactly the opposite happened (Muslims felt CPI(Marxist) was tyrannical).

That is why you were wrong.

I don't have to prove CPI(Marxist) are or were peaceful, because that was not the point I was making.

Yes, you presented it in an awkward fashion, whereby, your example defeats your claim.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009

Not again, Mr. Shinde

Sushil Kumar Shinde would help the cause of Muslims a lot more if he spoke a little less. In February this year, the Union Home Minister declaimed on 'Hindu terror,' when the correct expression should have been Hindutva-linked terror. The remarks caused an uproar that needlessly returned attention to 'Muslim terror,' a phrase as offensive and inaccurate as 'Hindu terror.' There was substance in what Mr. Shinde meant to convey — that a Hindutva connection had surfaced in some terror acts earlier attributed to 'Muslims.' But the heat generated by his comments left no room for a realistic evaluation of the state of terror investigation in this country. The minister has now done an encore with his letter to Chief Ministers cautioning them against wrongful detention of innocent Muslim youths in the name of fighting terror. The Bharatiya Janata Party has predictably accused Mr. Shinde of going against the spirit of the Constitution and dividing the country on religious lines. The minister need not have made a case for "innocent Muslims." The cause for justice would have been fully served even if he had only stressed the need for impartial and thorough investigation leading up to efficient and speedy trials. Because this is the key to ensuring no innocent person is harassed. And this is also the key to preventing vendetta policing and investigation against innocent Muslims.

The unfortunate truth is that Muslims are the first to be picked up in the aftermath of a terrorist strike. Anti-terror squads conduct 'combing operations' in Muslim neighbourhoods and what follows is the by-now well- documented nightmare of illegal detention, torture and forced confessions followed by denial of bail and years in prison. Case after case has ended in acquittal because of shoddy investigation, of course, but also often because the terror accused were never involved in the crime in the first place. Over the years, biases have got entrenched in the policing mechanism which can only be corrected by professionalising investigation and incorporating forensics and other scientific tools to minimise error and narrow down suspects. The Supreme Court, in the D.K. Basu case, laid down detailed guidelines for detention procedures to reduce the scope of arbitrary arrests and custodial torture. It should surprise no one that the guidelines are rarely, if at all, observed. The tragedy with Muslims is that the system that treats them as suspects is also conditioned to stymieing measures aimed at their rehabilitation. What Muslim youth need is genuine equality before the law, something that is often denied them. Sadly, Mr. Shinde's statement makes it sound as if they need to be shown some special favour.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles