England ICC T20 World Cup Champions - 2010

bhramos

Country flag
Australia
Pakistan
Match scheduled to begin at 13:30 local time (17:30 GMT)
Current time: 12:36 local, 16:36 GMT
All the best.........

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Wooooooooooo.
India made it to the SUPER-8. Congrats to every Indian and for the team, All The Best for the upcoming macthes and don`t become overconfident.

Logan

Country flag
Cheers to the Indian Team for a fabulous performance
Though i think they should have wrapped it up early...

Zaki

Country flag
Wooooooooooo.
India made it to the SUPER-8. Congrats to every Indian and for the team, All The Best for the upcoming macthes and don`t become overconfident.
Le...... dua maang maang main thak gaya - aur congrats to Indians only ;DD

I am awaiting for Pakistan vs India match in Super 8, Semi Final or more preferably Final! so that we can take our revenge of WC 2007 :D

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Le...... dua maang maang main thak gaya - aur congrats to Indians only ;DD

I am awaiting for Pakistan vs India match in Super 8, Semi Final or more preferably Final! so that we can take our revenge of WC 2007 :D
I said that bro because i was confused whether you all will be happy or not as india reached super-8.
i didnt knew that you were praying for india. and if it is so then i will also pray for Pak to reach the finals and will congrat you if Pak won this cup as i wont believe in traditional enemity or something like that. relax brother, i`m not a communist and neither i support it. if you`ll make me your friend then i`ll make you my brother.

Logan

Country flag
I said that bro because i was confused whether you all will be happy or not as india reached super-8.
i didnt knew that you were praying for india. and if it is so then i will also pray for Pak to reach the finals and will congrat you if Pak won this cup as i wont believe in traditional enemity or something like that. relax brother, i`m not a communist and neither i support it. if you`ll make me your friend then i`ll make you my brother.
What an ideology,,keep it up!!!!!!

Logan

Country flag
Thanks Logan. i think that now cricket is the only thing which connect india and pak so why to disturb that connection.
Very true we are already at loggerheads with each other and may be cricket is the only link of restoring friendliness...

Zaki

Country flag
Finally some sign of relief

First down for Australia

51/1 after 5.5 overs

BunBunCake

It's over.
Australia 191
v
Pakistan 157 (20/20 ov) All Out

Aussies win again.

Pintu

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gloFigWz_FpQChpGALE9ESBkinUg

Watson leads as Australia make 191 against Pakistan

(AFP) – 2 hours ago

GROS ISLET, Saint Lucia — All-rounder Shane Watson top-scored with 81 as Australia punished lax Pakistan fielding by making 191 all out in their opening Group A World Twenty20 match here on Sunday.

Watson, dropped on 11 by Misbah-ul-Haq at midwicket and missed by Misbah, running back at mid-on, both times off Mohammad Hafeez, struck four sixes and seven fours in his blistering 49-ball innings

Together with David Hussey, he put on 98 in under nine overs for the third wicket.

Hussey dropped on 18 at long-off by Salman Butt, a relatively easy chance, went on to make 53 off 29 balls with five sixes and two fours.

Hussey was especially severe on seamer Mohammad Sami, striking him for 28 runs in the 16th over with the batsman striking four sixes, including three in a row.

Eventually Hussey holed out off Saeed Ajmal and, three balls later, Clarke was lbw to the off-spinner to leave Australia 164 for four in the 17th over.

There was though an extraordinary end to the Australia innings with five wickets going down for no runs in six balls during the last over from fast bowler Mohammad Aamer.

Brad Haddin was caught off the over's first ball, Mitchell Johnson clean bowled off the second with both Michael Hussey and Steven Smith run out by direct hits from wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal as they tried to run byes.

Shaun Tait survived the fifth ball but was bowled off the last for nought.

Pakistan beat Bangladesh by 21 runs in their first match of the tournament here on Saturday.

Pintu

http://t20wc.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/5884397.cms

India, Pakistan must clash here once: Afridi
Bobilli Vijay Kumar, TNN, May 3, 2010, 12.58am IST

ST LUCIA: As a batsman, Shahid Afridi believes in the simplest of philosophies: see ball, whack it. Very often, he doesn't pay much attention to the first part of the credo even. Close friends claim that he follows the same philosophy in life too; if his stint as captain of the Pakistan team is considered, you will probably agree that everything is indeed uncluttered for him.

Despite the embarrassment of not being touched by any franchisees before the recent IPL drama, he still has faith in the system and in India. "There is only one way forward," he said here on Saturday evening. "India and Pakistan must meet on a cricket field for the two countries to meet again," he explained. "It doesn't really matter if we clash now, or later, or even in the final. But we must play at least once," he stressed, flashing his brilliant smile.

At a personal level, of course, he might see it as sweet revenge; at a larger level, however, it would be the perfect panacea for the ills plaguing the game back home. He may not have said it in as many words but it's clear that he has another final appearance as the team's goal. As the top seeds of the T20 World Cup here, and as defending champions too, he is not being overambitious. But there is a catch: he has a totally new team at his command; it is nowhere near as formidable as the one that stunned the world in England last year.

He knows that it is an arduous task: but that doesn't deter him. "Yes, we are a new side. But we are confident. We want to play good cricket here," he said. "We are a united outfit," he added, without having to explain the problems that have hurt Pakistan in recent times. Afridi denied that it would be difficult to defend the Cup without the big boys of Pakistan. "I don't believe in thinking who is here, who is not. It is not the best time or place to talk about missing players. I have been given a XV and I have to play with them. As far as I am concerned, these are my big players," he declared like a proud king.

Pakistan, of course, outlasted Bangladesh in a crucial Group A match. "We have always known that they are a formidable side in this format. But we got off to a very good start, and finished off the game nicely. "Yes, Ashraful and this guy put up a very good partnership but I was quite confident as I still had my pace bowlers," he explained.

The 'this guy' sitting next to him was, of course, Bangladesh's captain Shakib Al Hasan. Shakib and Ash added nearly 100 runs in an intelligent, mature way to give Pakistan a scare. But once the partnership was broken, the target of 173 runs went back to its original position: beyond reach. In the end, Pakistan won by 21 runs.

Typically, Afridi had no problems in swatting the bouncers too. "Yes, Mohammed Asif is a very good bowler. He has lots of experience too. But I wanted an outright pacer here. That's why I went for Mohammed Sami. And I think he delivered what I asked of him.

"Why did I send Misbah ahead of Umar Akmal? You tell me, who is the big player? Misbah can hit sixes, right? That's why I promoted him," he said impishly. "As a captain I believe in taking the calls. If my moves fail, I will take responsibility. I won't push it on to somebody else," he thundered. It would be interesting to see how far this big-hitting, straight-talking captain can survive in the turmoil called Pakistani cricket.

bhramos

Country flag
when is India's next match?????????
any Idea...........

bhramos

Country flag
Pakistan vs England ICC T20 World Cup Super 8

Watch England vs Pakistan ICC T20 World Cup 2010 Match Online Live, 13th Match, Group E, 1st Super Eight Match.
England vs Pakistan – ICC T20 World Cup 2010 – 13th Match, Group E at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
England
England will be playing their 1sts T20 Match in the Super Eights Round. They are under Group E. They will be playing against Pakistan.
Pakistan
Pakistan will be playing their 1st T20 Match in the Super Eights Round. They will be playing against England
Both will be looking to win the match.
In the two matches today in ICC t20 world cup, first one will be between England v Pakistan at Bridgetown. Its a 13th Match in Group E, which will start at 09:30 local time (13:30 GMT).

bhramos

Country flag
Yardy limits Pakistan to 147 for 9

England's bowlers produced a spirited display against a typically erratic Pakistan batting line-up, to give themselves a good chance of recording their first victory of their World Twenty20 campaign. Paul Collingwood won the toss for the first time in the campaign and chose to field first following his team's difficulties with the rain rules in Guyana, and his bowlers responded by limiting Pakistan to 147 for 9 in their 20 overs.
It was a performance of many different parts from England, whose seamers concentrated on a short-pitched line of attack during the Powerplay overs, before handing over to the spinners for the middle part of the innings. Sidebottom's first delivery, to Kamran Akmal, was swatted over fine leg for six, while Akmal later pulled himself off his own feet as he smeared Stuart Broad over midwicket for four.

Tim Bresnan also found himself testing the middle of the track, with umpire Bowden at square leg signalling that consecutive deliveries in his third over had fizzed over head height. But the bang-it-in approach eventually paid dividends, as Akmal, on 15, top-edged Broad to Craig Kieswetter behind the stumps, one delivery after Salman Butt had survived a tough chance with Kieswetter diving full-stretch to his left.

At 44 for 1 after the six Powerplay overs, Pakistan were well placed, but thereafter it was over to the slower men in England's attack, with the spin of Michael Yardy and Graeme Swann joining forces with Paul Collingwood's under-rated offcutters to stymie the flow of runs. Yardy leaked consecutive fours to Mohammad Hafeez as he struggled at first to find the right length, while Collingwood was belted for a massive six over midwicket by Salman Butt, but the change of pace kept the run-rate in check, while serving up three vital wickets.

The first of those was Butt, who had cruised along to 34 from 26 balls when he skimmed a flat drive off Swann to Collingwood in the covers. One over later, Umar Akmal survived a stumping as Kieswetter fumbled off Yardy, but England responded with two in two balls, as Hafeez slashed a shorter ball to short third man, before the main man, Shahid Afridi, dabbed his first ball into the covers, set off for a non-existent single, and didn't even try to regain his ground as Luke Wright lobbed the ball back to the keeper.

At 77 for 4, Misbah-ul-Haq and Umar embarked on a consolidation period with a glut of singles, although Misbah unfurled his mightiest strokeplay to dispatch a Broad free hit into the stands for six. Yardy, however, responded by bowling him with a quicker ball as he telegraphed his intended reverse-sweep, and though Umar hoisted the penultimate ball of Swann's spell over cow corner for another six, Pakistan still had plenty of work to do at 112 for 5 with four overs remaining.

Umar stepped inside the line to dab Sidebottom over fine leg's head for four, but in the same over, having reached 30 from 25 balls, he was snaffled on the boundary's edge by Kevin Pietersen, who sprinted back towards the rope from long-on to cling onto a brilliant steepling chance as the ball plummeted over his shoulder. Fawad Alam then snicked his third delivery, from Broad, through to the keeper, to leave Pakistan in some strife on 120 for 7 with 16 balls remaining.

With Razzaq still in the middle, England were mindful of the damage he could cause, following his matchwinning display in their most recent meeting in Dubai back in February. But he was a largely passive observer as Sidebottom kept Mohammad Aamer on strike for the first four balls of the penultimate over.

Sidebottom then dented his good work by conceding two wides and a straight six, but Razzaq holed out to deep cover from the final ball of an eventful over, before Aamer slapped the next delivery, from Bresnan, to Michael Yardy at backward point. At 132 for 9 with five balls remaining, however, Bresnan lost the plot a touch, conceding three wides, a slogged four and a top-edged six, as Pakistan's tail inched their total closer to 150.

nandu

T20 WC Super 8s: New Zealand beat Pakistan by 1 run

BRIDGETOWN: Fast bowler Ian Butler took a wicket off the final ball to give New Zealand a one-run win over defending champion Pakistan in the World Twenty20 Super Eights on Saturday.

New Zealand's first win in the Super Eights kept the Black Caps in contention for the semifinals.

However, Pakistan, after winning this competition last June in England, has lost both of its Super Eight matches and will struggle to make the semis.

Butler claimed 3-19 including Abdur Rehman, who holed out to deep square leg with Pakistan needing two runs for victory off the final delivery.

Left-handed opener Salman Butt anchored Pakistan with an unbeaten 67 off 54 balls but the defending champions were left agonizingly short at 132-7 off 20 overs.

All-rounder Abdul Razzaq supplied three sixes in a run-a-ball 29. Earlier, New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori top-scored with 38 off 34 balls as the Kiwis totaled 133-7 off 20 overs.

Left-arm spinner Rehman (2-19), pacer Mohammad Sami (2-25) and leg-spinner Shahid Afridi (2-29) led the Pakistan attack.

Pakistan's pursuit struggled from the outset against the pace of Shane Bond (1-28), Kyle Mills (2-33) and Butler.

Mills removed Kamran Akmal (5) and Umar Akmal (0) while Bond accounted for Mohammad Hafeez (8) as Pakistan dipped to 25-3.

Butler, who opened with a maiden over, soon claimed Misbah-ul-Haq for 3 and skipper Afridi on 11 to put New Zealand in control at 58-5 in the 10th over.

Butt and Razzaq revived the Pakistan challenge with a sixth-wicket stand of 53.

Razzaq blasted one four and three sixes, including two off a Vettori over that cost 16, to tilt the momentum.

But he holed out to deep midwicket off Nathan McCullum's offspin to set up a tense finale.

Pakistan needed 22 off the final two overs and 11 off the final one with Butt, who hit eight fours and a six, leading the charge.

Butt smacked two fours off Butler in the final over and scrambled a bye off the penultimate delivery.

His partner Rehman could not get Pakistan past the finishing line, however, as he clipped Butler straight to deep square leg to the delight of the Kiwis.

Squads

New Zealand: DL Vettori (c), SE Bond, IG Butler, MJ Guptill, GJ Hopkins (w), BB McCullum, NL McCullum, KD Mills, JD Ryder, SB Styris, LRPL Taylor

Pakistan: Shahid Afridi (c), Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rehman, Kamran Akmal (w), Misbah-ul-Haq, Mohammad Aamer, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Sami, Saeed Ajmal, Salman Butt, Umar Akmal

http://t20wc.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/5907379.cms

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles