England ICC T20 World Cup Champions - 2010

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
clinical work..good start and good preparation for the matches ahead.

Zaki

Country flag
Congrats India for their first victory in ICC World T20 :)

Logan

Country flag
The match turned out to be easier than what i had expected it to be!!!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The match turned out to be easier than what i had expected it to be!!!!
though not to be taken lightly, we were but playing Afghanistan. I would not have liked anything lesser.

Logan

Country flag
though not to be taken lightly, we were but playing Afghanistan. I would not have liked anything lesser.
Yes true,,but we will have to show our real mettle against South Africa...

ahmedsid

Top Gun
The Afghans were good, Didnt expect them to do this well actually, but then they did learn under grueling conditions. Their fielding was said to be really good, I mean, they were awesome fielders, some news I had seen before they went for the World Cup said that. But nothing extra ordinary here. But I would say, they will be a team to watch out for surely! God Speed

Oracle

The pitches are slow, the outfields are slow. Any team who plays with patience will win this T20 WC.

Zaki

Country flag
The defending Champions Pakistan posted 172 runs on Board...........

A good total i must say considering these pitchs and long grounds

At one stage they were 80/0 after 10 overs and then played 11 runs per over for the next couple of of overs

We lost our first wicket on 142 and at one stage it looked like we can even post 200 runs on board :D

Well played overall hopefully we can defend this total for me its 80% Pakistan and 20% Bangladesh

BunBunCake

The defending Champions Pakistan posted 172 runs on Board...........

A good total i must say considering these pitchs and long grounds

At one stage they were 80/0 after 10 overs and then played 11 runs per over for the next couple of of overs

We lost our first wicket on 142 and at one stage it looked like we can even post 200 runs on board :D

Well played overall hopefully we can defend this total for me its 80% Pakistan and 20% Bangladesh
Yes yes, Watching the match i was.
good they were.

I'm hoping Pakistan wins this one ;) Because i want to see them in the finals with _=..i2-=

(lol, i was watching starwars along with it ;))

BunBunCake

wow, your Pakistani boys are amazing bowling.....
I think Dhoni's going to have a problem with this.

We'll see.
:D

(Pakistan basically won btw)
Bangladesh 33/2
5 Overs.

Zaki

Country flag
wow, your Pakistani boys are amazing bowling.....
I think Dhoni's going to have a problem with this.

We'll see.
:D

(Pakistan basically won btw)
Bangladesh 33/2
5 Overs.
Bowling is our real strength i must add

Batting is weakened and when they clicks - 90% chances are we already the match :D

Zaki

Country flag
And PAKISTAN wins the first match against Bangladesh by 23 runs :)

bhramos

Country flag
India
South Africa
Match scheduled to begin at 09:30 local time (13:30 GMT)
Current time: 07:14 local, 11:14 GMT
India squad
MS Dhoni*" , PP Chawla, G Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, RA Jadeja, KD Karthik" , Z Khan, P Kumar, A Nehra, YK Pathan, SK Raina, RG Sharma, M Vijay, R Vinay Kumar, Yuvraj Singh
South Africa squad
GC Smith*, JH Kallis, LL Bosman, J Botha, MV Boucher" , AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, HH Gibbs, RK Kleinveldt, CK Langeveldt, JA Morkel, M Morkel, DW Steyn, J Theron, RE van der Merwe

http://www.cricinfo.com/world-twenty20-2010/engine/current/match/412682.html

bhramos

Country flag
All the best to Indian team _=..i2-=_=..i2-=..=i+..=i+..=i+

bhramos

Country flag
Gambhir ill, South Africa bowl

Graeme Smith won the toss in their first match of the tournament and chose to use whatever moisture there would be in the pitch for the 9.30am start. They were up against India who posted their first win at the same venue less than 24 hours ago. India, though, were without Gautam Gambhir, who came down with diarrhoea. Dinesh Karthik was his replacement. India were now left without both their first-choice openers, with Virender Sehwag injured even before the start of the tournament.

More or less assured of a place in the next round, India tried a new bowling combination, wanting to see if it is feasible to play with two spinners on the slower Caribbean tracks. So in came Piyush Chawla, and out went Zaheer Khan. South Africa resisted the temptation of going in with two spinners, so they chose Loots Bosman ahead of Herschelle Gibbs. The surprising omission, however, was Charl Langeveldt.

South Africa 1 Graeme Smith (capt), 2 Loots Bosman, 3 Jacques Kallis, 4 AB de Villiers, 5 JP Duminy, 6 Albie Morkel, 7 Mark Boucher (wk), 8 Roelof van der Merwe, 9 Wayne Parnell, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Rory Kleinveldt.

India 1 Dinesh Karthik, 2 M Vijay, 3 Suresh Raina, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 MS Dhoni (capt & wk), 6 Yusuf Pathan, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Harbhajan Singh, 9 Praveen Kumar, 10 Piyush Chawla, 11 Ashish Nehra.

http://www.cricinfo.com/world-twenty20-2010/content/current/story/458142.html

Zaki

Country flag
Good decision by the Proteas.............. They are good in chasing... btw i am Nuteral in this match. I want to support India but South Africa is the most hard working team around. I have seen them playing in the field and trust me they were the most energetic team i have ever seen.

So i would support both teams equally for this match :)

BunBunCake

Gautam Gambhir has diarrhea!!

and Damit, Zaheer Khan is out too.

Zaki

Country flag
Vijay is Out!

Poor start India - sorry peoples

I am putting my trust in Dhoni and Yuvraj only- If they can click - Expect any total

Global Defence

New threads

Articles