Enemy Country Posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Enemy Country Posters = ECPs

*Disclaimer - The term 'Enemy' is used in relative manner/terms and in any circumstances it does not mean that the country or person in reference has to be decimated or vanquished.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I have read most of the posts and think the present policy is working, we cannot expect moderators to place an outright ban on folks from our enemy states. It should only be enforced in case of false flag, use of derogatory language, personal attacks and going around in circles.

Let me share my experience in the live media in Canada. As you all know we have our ethnic Radio and television shows produced locally. The few chosen Thekaydars (Pakistani listeners) of Kashmir use to present their side with twisted facts and they stopped doing as soon as radio hosts brought in history Professor from India to clear the misinformation followed with the information presented by me, The fact is they have been (Pakistani and Chinese) brainwashed to such an extent that we should not expand our energy on these individuals but not shy away from countering their argument with facts be it from the historical perspective or day to day issues.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If I may intercede.

I appreciate the angst over the issue of posters of 'enemy' countries.

First of all, unless one is at war, there is no 'enemy'. At best one could be termed as 'adversarial'.

If one 'isolates' an adversarial country, can one know about them? If one does not know how people and their Govt think, can one draw any methodology to undertake a policy towards them?

For example, we may know about Tibet from Tibetans who are in India, but unless we come to know what is happening 'inside' Tibet and how the Tibetan, the Han Chinese and the Chinese Govt thinks and what is being done, can we evolve a policy wherein we can look after Indian interest?

Likewise, if we debar the Chinese, then the loss will be ours since we will not know how the Chinese think about issues on China that interest us?

I concede that some posters are exasperating, but then we must take the thick with the thin and there are mechanisms in place that ensures that none crosses the threshold.

Just for your information, I have given the Indian view on many issues on a certain British forum. True that there were many illiterate and clueless people who went hammer and tongs, but as some others out here who joined in to project the Indian view, seeing me battling alone, will vouch that there were many out there who supported the Indian contention. And one of the issues was something that caused great ripples within the British population i.e. giving India aid when they can afford space ventures, buy military hardware vs their own people on social security and getting poorer!

I feel that one should not take the posts personally. There has been a spate of Reported Posts and we take action immediately so that the chaff can be separated from the wheat.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Now I see the secret of making the best person: it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
Walt Whitman

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

These sayings cannot solve the issues, but then when one is despondent, one can think over that and calm oneself as much as one can!

Last edited:

venkat

Demonocracy is prevailing all over India. Why here too! DFI need not practise such demonocracy here too!!! Kasab who came from our enemy country is having his own way. Open a Guantanamo kind of prison and put him there !!! You will not hear him giving anymore press statements!!!! Adux....you are absolutely 1000% right!!! DFI is for indians,by the Indians and stern messages to the enemies!!! we read enough of shit about India in CMF and other Paki forums!!! No paki or chicoms and from any other countries posting shit here be allowed!!!! Had enough!!!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Personally, I think it isn't too bad atm. We don't have too much trouble with posters, and the trouble that we do have is only occasional.

On a forum, there will always be times when one gets exasperated and wild with certain posters, certain posts. But then, there are enough Indians here to speak for the Indian view and teach a lesson to people who act too smart. Rather than moderator action, that sort of thing works better - where the members teach a good lesson to idiots who come and talk nonsense.

Everyone will have his own views on what posts anger/irritate him. Yesterday, we had a person with severe identity crisis here, who could not imagine that any Indian can have a better/equally comfortable life compared to any Westerner. As per his logic, Amitabh Bacchan and Sachin Tendulkar live worse lives than American software professionals, for example. Because hey - how can any Indian live better than an American? :lol:

That poster is one of the most irritating and low-intelligence posters on DFI. Yet, I don't think he needs to be banned, or face any moderator action. The rest of us members on DFI are capable of showing him his place.

I think that is the attitude we need to take. As long as a single poster does not behave consistently nasty, the mods can continue working as they presently are, IMO - with the focus on specific offensive posts.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Why would you want to clamp down on 50 cent Army? They are the comedy of DFI.

trackwhack

I agree with some of the points raised by Adux.

We already know who the posters who make a contribution are and we also know the clowns who come here to insult and bait. In other words we know who the trolls are. I can tolerate an Indian troll. I cannot tolerate a Chinese troll.Edited - these clowns should not be on this forum in my view.

In the same breath I applaud the decision to make Kickock and Ohimalaya respected members because of their genuine contribution.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Thank you all for your comments and views. The Staff will weigh each point, and come out with a decision. I thank you in advance for the continued faithed bestowed in the staff and for your patience.
Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles