Electric cars & bikes discussion

airtel

Country flag
New Dual Carbon Battery Charges 20x Faster Than Lithium Ion
Technology

Power Japan Plus

Power Japan Plus has announced an innovative new battery that charges up to twenty times faster and lasts longer than high-end lithium ion batteries. The company boasts that electric vehicles with the ability to drive 300 miles (480 km) on a single charge may soon be a reality. The Ryden dual carbon new battery is cheaper, safer, and 100% recyclable, making it an attractive option that could bring high-performance electric cars to market more quickly.

“Power Japan Plus is a materials engineer for a new class of carbon material that balances economics, performance and sustainability in a world of constrained resources,” said Dou Kani, CEO of Power Japan Plus in a press release. “The Ryden dual carbon battery is the energy storage breakthrough needed to bring green technology like electric vehicles to mass market.”

The battery was developed in partnership with Kyushu University in Japan. The beauty of the battery is in its simplicity. The anode and the cathode of the battery are both made out of carbon with an organic electrolyte solution that allows for ion current to flow separately. This also does not require the use of any rare Earth metals or other rare metals, significantly cutting down on the price of each unit.

Thermal stability means that this battery will not heat up while in use or during charging, and removes the threat of thermal explosion and making for a safer battery. This also means that expensive cooling systems do not need to be used, also driving down the price. The battery is stable enough to be discharged completely without harming the longevity of the product. Currently, the Ryden battery is rated for 3,000 charge/discharge cycles before the function of the battery begins to diminish. To put that into perspective, current electric cars advertise 300-500 charge cycles before the owner needs to think about replacing the battery.

Eventually, Power Japan Plus hopes to expand this technology and create other batteries whose only active ingredient is organic carbon sourced from organically grown cotton. This will allow them to control the size of the carbon crystals, enhancing product performance.

The Ryden dual carbon battery will be on exhibit at the Electric Drive Transportation Association Conference & Annual Meeting on May 20 and 21. Production is set to begin soon, initially producing 500-5,000 batteries per month. The first batteries produced are slated to be used in satellites and medical devices, and will expand operations when the technology is licensed out for use in electric vehicles.

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/new-dual-carbon-battery-charges-20x-faster-lithium-ion/

airtel

Country flag
Toyota’s new solid-state battery could make its way to cars by 2020
Posted Jul 25, 2017 by Darrell Etherington (@etherington)

Next Story
The Envirobot robo-eel slithers along the shore for science

Toyota is touting its progress on a new kind of battery technology, which uses a solid electrolyte instead of the conventional semi-liquid version used in today’s lithium-ion batteries. The car maker said that it’s near a breakthrough in production engineering that could help it put the new tech in production electric vehicles as early as 2020, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The improved battery technology would make it possible to create smaller, more lightweight lithium-ion batteries for use in EVs, that could also potentially boost the total charge capacity and result in longer-range vehicles.

Another improvement for this type of battery would be longer overall usable life, which would make it possible to both use the vehicles they’re installed in for longer, and add potential for product recycling and alternative post-vehicle life (some companies are already looking into putting EV batteries into use in home and commercial energy storage, for example).

Batteries remain a key limiting factor for electric vehicle design, because of how far tech companies focused on the problem have pushed existing science. The move to solid state would help make room for more gains in terms of charge capacity achieved in the footprint available in consumer vehicles, while helping to push further existing efficiencies achieved through things like the use of ultra-light materials in car frames and interiors.

Toyota isn’t saying yet where its batteries will end up, but any edge here is bound to be a big boon for automakers looking at a future that increasingly seems like it’ll be dominated by EVs.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/25/t...e-battery-could-make-its-way-to-cars-by-2020/
Featured Image: TOSHIFUMI KITAMURA/AFP/Getty Images

Krusty

Country flag
The silent winners are the Japanese. Particularly Panasonic (40% + worldwide market) and Mitsubishi chemicals (10% market) ...

The worldwide push for ev is earning them profits without spending anything on marketing lol

airtel

Country flag
The silent winners are the Japanese. Particularly Panasonic (40% + worldwide market) and Mitsubishi chemicals (10% market) ...

The worldwide push for ev is earning them profits without spending anything on marketing lol

Japanese are better than these Arabic goatfucker jehadists ....... Let the Japanese earn money

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Krusty

Cummins Beats Tesla To The Punch And Introduces An All-Electric Heavy-Duty Truck

With Tesla purportedly gearing up to introduce an all-electric semi next month, diesel engine supplier Cummins took some of the automaker’s buzz away on Tuesday, revealed an all-electric prototype truck of its own.

Here’s A Huge Reason Why We Need Electric Trucks
While we can all extol the economic and environmental virtues of electricity over diesel, just look …

Read more
Billed as a Class 7 Urban Hauler Tractor, the 18,000-pound truck was built by Roush and is geared for local deliveries, according to the Indianapolis Star. The company said it plans to begin selling a 140 kWh battery pack for bus operators and commercial truck fleets in 2019, reports Forbes.

With a claimed range of 100 miles, it certainly seems apt to handle short drives, and Cummins said it only takes an hour to charge. By the time it’s introduced in 2020, Forbes reports, the company hopes to drop that number to 20 minutes. A hybrid, with a diesel engine used on-board as a generator, is planned later and will offer 300 miles in range.

Cummins’ chief exec, Thomas Linebarger, told Forbes that electric technology isn’t quite ready for 18-wheelers, mostly due to the long distances they travel. Tesla’s truck will reportedly be set to handle lengthier tasks, with 200 to 300 miles on a single charge, but that remains far below the 1,000 miles a typical heavy-duty truck can handle on one tank of gas.

Cummins may have introduced a prototype truck cab to show off, but the company only intends to produce the powertrain for trucks, Forbes reports.

Krusty

Country flag
Cummins may have introduced a prototype truck cab to show off,
This much is true. It's probably a marketing/PR coup.but as for me, I think electric power is ok for these ultra large commercial haulers.

It's only personal vehicles I'm concerned about. I'm saving up for a V8 ... in India. Used one ofcourse... probably AMG. :drool:

Krusty

Country flag
I agree, they are also better than communist Muslim loving German pigs. Boycott German brands like Audi, Mercedes and BMW and buy Japanese.
Lately I have started hating Mercedes and Audi and the design direction which they are headed.

But yes, looking at it from the perspective of nazi mobiles... perhaps.. but even @Razor rolls around in one :laugh:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Lately I have started hating Mercedes and Audi and the design direction which they are headed.

But yes, looking at it from the perspective of nazi mobiles... perhaps.. but even @Razor rolls around in one :laugh:
You left Bimmers out? What the heck os going on with that front end. ugh. The hood looks like a puckered up asshole.

Krusty

Country flag
You left Bimmers out? What the heck os going on with that front end. ugh. The hood looks like a puckered up asshole.

Yes I have left out BMW on purpose. I saw the 2018 models in the road... I dig it. Might not be the best, but they are very good.

IMG_4485.JPG
IMG_4486.JPG

The latest M3/5 are far better looking than the equivalent mercs or Audi.. Lexus is yet to match them in performance too. Lexus can't do sports sedan very well.

And do not forget Porsche, they are nasi mobiles too. What is your opinion of them?

Krusty

Country flag
Angela Merkel G-spot edition ?:hehe:
Oh that's cold... AMG made some of the best naturally aspirated V8s around, better than most others in the business. That includes the pig iron ones from USA...

IMG_4487.JPG

The legendary AMG 6.3L NA V8... a Monster,athlete and an executive all rolled into one ass smashing machine...

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
The latest M3/5 are far better looking than the equivalent mercs or Audi.. Lexus is yet to match them in performance too. Lexus can't do sports sedan very well.

M3 or M5 is still untouchable performance wise. Although at that kind of money I'd probably buy the Corvette Stingray.

And do not forget Porsche, they are nasi mobiles too. What is your opinion of them?
Dude, I've always had an irrational hate for them. Bubbly looking, awful design. The Macan is the ugliest car on the road today IMO.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Oh that's cold... AMG made some of the best naturally aspirated V8s around, better than most others in the business. That includes the pig iron ones from USA...

View attachment 19582

The legendary AMG 6.3L NA V8... a Monster,athlete and an executive all rolled into one ass smashing machine...
I'd prefer a Maybach with the v8 biturbo. In general I agree Germans make solid powertrains. It is in the stupid electronic sensors and price of the car + spare parts that they screw up.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles