El bradie threatens to declare war on Israel

Nonynon

It finally happened. Today (monday) he announced to an Arabian paper that if he is elected then he will delcare war on Israel should Israel attack Gaza.
I don't have an English source to confirm this right now but here's the Hebrew one anyway: http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4051888,00.html

This can always be just another way to get more votes but you never know... The sad part is this man used to be the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Unlike the iranian nutter he isn't advocating aggression. He is being reactive rather than proactive.

will delcare war on Israel should Israel attack Gaza.
Im sure israeli politicians have also used "beating of war drums" to get votes.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Can't believe this sh!t is coming from El Baradei.

If it's true, I'd consider it insanely irresponsible coming from the former head of the Intern'l Atomic Energy Agency!

Nonynon

Unlike the iranian nutter he isn't advocating aggression. He is being reactive rather than proactive.

Im sure israeli politicians have also used "beating of war drums" to get votes.
This isn't exactly reactive. Gaza has been getting more high tech weaponry and if this keeps up then Israel will be forced to reoccupy it. There's no question about should we or should we not attack. We can't have Gaza shooting our natural gas stations, ships and Tel Aviv. So if this Baradei guy will keep his word then only luck can make him not declare war.

And no, Israeli politicians don't do that. Here if you want to be elected you talk about how you will bring peace, one word about wanting war and you're donefor. Even the extreme right wing people don't want war (at least the majority of them).
Like I said earlier, the overwhelming majority here is sick of wars. I'm sure you'd think the same way after you yourself have been through a real war.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
That should silence all the "Hosni Mubarak was evil" chest-thumpers. He contributed well to stability in the region. A person who has war on his primary agenda can never be a good administrator.

Phenom

Well this was expected, the recent events in ME has been pretty bad for Israel, we'll probably see much more of this rhetoric in the future. But its highly unlikely that El baradei or even the Muslim brotherhood would actually launch any military assault on Israel. Egypt is not strong enough to do that, either militarily or economically.

Nonynon

Yea, this is probably a vote thingy, the current Egyptian army is very pro Western and wouldn't be too happy to run to Hamas's aide like that. On the other hand after 4-6 years of those kind of people running Egypt you just can't assume that's how things in Egypt will stay.

The only way I can see those Arab revolutions doing any good to Israel is in Jordan and Iran. Palestinians taking over Jordan (they make the majority there, the reason Jordan isn't named Palestine is because the British gave the land to some loyal Bedouin tribe) can be good to both Israel and Palestinians and revolutions in Iran can weaken Iran's position as Israel's worst nemesis as well as help turn the other revolutions from wanting an Islamic country so bad. I'm not sure if Kurdish riots can help but maybe they can also be added to the list.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles