Edward Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
'Heroic effort at great personal cost': Edward Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

A Swedish sociology professor has nominated Edward Snowden for the Nobel Peace Prize. He says the NSA whistleblower could help "save the prize from the disrepute incurred by the hasty and ill-conceived decision" to give the 2009 award to Barack Obama.

In his letter addressed to the Norwegian Nobel Committee, Stefan Svallfors praised Snowden for his "heroic effort at great personal cost." He stated that by revealing the existence and the scale of the US surveillance programs, Snowden showed "individuals can stand up for fundamental rights and freedoms."

"This example is important because since the Nuremberg trials in 1945 has been clear that the slogan 'I was just following orders' is never claimed as an excuse for acts contrary to human rights and freedoms," Professor Svallfors wrote.

He emphasized that the decision to award the 2013 prize to Edward Snowden would also "help to save the Nobel Peace Prize from the disrepute incurred by the hasty and ill-conceived decision to award US President Barack Obama 2009 award." :rofl: :rofl:

^^ :rofl: :rofl:

'Heroic effort at great personal cost': Edward Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize — RT News

boris

Country flag
What this guy deserves is a visit by a few guys from CIA's Special Activities Division. The very country he is begging asylum from is one that threw its own citizens in gulag's and probably does to this day.

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
What this guy deserves is a visit by a few guys from CIA's Special Activities Division. The very country he is begging asylum from is one that threw its own citizens in gulag's and probably does to this day.
Whole thing is a farce anyways.

A person waging wars across the world and arming al-qaida is given a nobel peace prize but gandhi isn't :rofl:
'Heroic effort at great personal cost': Edward Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize[/IMG]

^^ :rofl: :rofl:

'Heroic effort at great personal cost': Edward Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize — RT News

hmmmm as per my experience, only those get Nobel Peace Price who support US/West in their different "Peace Establishment Wars". here, how Snowden fits in this criterion??????

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
WTF

nowadays Nobel Prize and Human Rights are Favorable for only Traitors and Terrorists not a True Patriots and Soldiers

dhananjay1

Nobel peace prize has nothing to do with "peace". It's an out and out political prize. The ones who are favored by the world powers get the prize.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
WTF

nowadays Nobel Prize and Human Rights are Favorable for only Traitors and Terrorists not a True Patriots and Soldiers
nobel peace prize is for those who is for world peace...true nationalists and soldiers are hardly candidates for world peace. they want to rule over others even if by force.

it is only for pacifists and idealists and rightly so.

pmaitra

Are you calling for Snowden's assassination? There are no gulags in Russia. They have been discontinued during Gorbachyov's time.

WTF

Snowden is not a terrorist. To suggest so is a mark of utter delusion. Traitor he might be to the regime, but not the Constitution, and that is my view.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Snowden is not a terrorist. To suggest so is a mark of utter delusion. Traitor he might be to the regime, but not the Constitution, and that is my view.
Agreed But..The regime Believed him he will not expose the States Secrets ..But He did So he is a traitor IMO

pmaitra

Agreed But..The regime Believed him he will not expose the States Secrets ..But He did So he is a traitor IMO
Ok, so in your opinion, you are with the regime. I can understand. What state secrets did he expose?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles