Early marriage curbs crimes: Indian Psychiatric Society Chief

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by nrj, Feb 9, 2013.

1. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Apparently you can't have sex if you are unmarried :pound: :pound:

3. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

You can have sex outside marriage. One celebrated way is by rape.

4. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

This is indeed a quite popular view in India, that "late marriages" are undesirable and lead to bad consequences for both men and women and for society generally. Regardless of such opinions, ultimately marriage is a lifestyle choice, and it should be up to the individual to decide when to marry and indeed, whether to marry at all.

Sex is not the be all and end of of life and neither does sex require marriage as a prerequisite. It is only a primal instinct strongly embedded into our brain as a function of evolution. As humans, we should have the will to understand our desires and control them accordingly. Without careful self-examination and control, there's no difference between animals and us.

Das ka das likes this.
  5. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

The rest of us normal folks have sex before marriage by mutual consent with our girlfriends.

Are you a Dilliwala? :hmm:

afako and Snuggy321 like this.
  6. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Of course, of course. You mean abnormal ones can't find gfs. Implies that they go for rape.

Btw, exclusively with gfs? Not paid sex?

7. Bangalorean

Well, I would definitely associate rape with "abnormal stuff". It is not a "normal" thing to do.

I don't go for paid sex personally, but then to each one his own - if you like it, go for it. Much better than raping. :thumb:

Snuggy321 likes this.
  8. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Sounds legit.

afako likes this.
  9. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

You don't go for rape even. But who is talking of your personal choices?

Early marriage is no abnormal phenomenon.

Mind you it was a psychiatrist not a politician who spoke.

10. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

In India, sex outside marriage is still a taboo. A girl is still termed "badchalan" if she has had sex before marriage.

He whole issue is complex. I don't think there exists any statistic to show the profile of rapists. Would like to know how many married men rape which can prove this psychiatrist wrong in her claim. Well we had this actor Shiny Ahuja accused of raping his maid. Although sexual deprivation could be one of the reasons, I think it is not just that. Lust and male dominance and an urge to dominate and subjugate a female is another reason.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  11. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

So people should just get married early because of sexual needs regardless of their capability to run a house financially, otherwise it results in rapes!

12. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

When they are not able to run the house they will indulge in crimes to fulfill their needs. Then thu will blame marriage for turning men into criminals!!

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  13. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Now Banglorean claims that "normal" ones have sex with gfs. Early marriage too satisfies the sexual needs.

Girl friendism is not the norm. boy friendism is even less so.

Out of six gang rapists of Nirbhaya, one is a minor, and was the most cruel. He too was trying to have sex outside marriage. Ram Singh, the oldest, is a disabled and unable to get any gf.

14. Bangalorean

I did not say it that way, please don't twist my words. I said that rape is essentially an abnormal way to satisfy sexual needs. Marriage is a legitimate (normal) way, and so is having a girlfriend. These are "normal", as opposed to raping, which is an abnormal act. That is what I said.

Yes, "girl-friendism" and "boy-friendism" is not the norm in much of India, except for the metro cities, and that too mainly in new-age industries like IT, ITeS, BPO, Banking, etc. You are right. But that is the whole problem.

You are talking of marriage solely from the point of view of shoving one's prick into a hole. But practically speaking, marriage comes with a lot of responsibility. Maintaining and raising a family is not easy. It needs a lot of mental maturity, I am sure you would agree with that. I agree that marriage is a means of sexual gratification, but there is a lot more to marriage. When I think back to the time when I was 19-20 years old, I laugh at myself thinking how immature I was those days, how silly and how naive. Most people in this country (world actually) are not mature enough to handle marriage responsibly at such an early age.

Satisfaction of sexual desires at an early age is best done with a lover. These days it is more common than you think, though as you said, it is not yet the "norm". The trend is rapidly changing though, and within my lifetime if not yours, we will see it becoming a norm. And it is for the good, so welcome this change.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    Snuggy321 and Daredevil like this.
  15. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

If you want to be crude, it is your right.

Marriage means responsibility too. Girlfriendism means nothing but satisfaction of animal needs of flesh. Purely sexual in nature. Just a little better than rape, but worse than even a live in..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  16. Bangalorean

What a two-faced fellow you are! You were the one who was claiming that one has to marry early, just to satisfy "animal needs of flesh". You didn't even consider the responsibilities and maturity that marriage entails while making that statement. I was the one who pointed out that marriage involves responsibility, and not just "animal needs of flesh".

Why, this entire discussion is about "animal needs of flesh", no? Much better to have "animal needs of flesh" (which is a normal human desire), satisfied by mutual consent, right? "Slightly better than rape", my arse - maybe the concept of "mutual consent" is new to you. And "girlfriendism" is not purely "sexual" in nature. I understand that this was not the case in your youth, but times have changed - ask your daughter about it, she will tell you.

You are a strange fellow. First you say that "animal needs of flesh" have to necessarily be satisfied, and marriage is the way. And when it is pointed out to you that marriage is something that needs maturity and responsibility, you come back and throw the same thing back at me!!

Snuggy321 and Daredevil like this.
  17. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Premarital Sex is good thing ?? Would you marry a girl who's had sex with 1 or 2 men(should I say 5-10) before ??

18. Bangalorean

Let me guess - you have no problem with sleeping around with girls, and fantasize endlessly about doing the same. But you haven't had the chance yet. You know what they say - virginity is not dignity, it is lack of opportunity. In your case that is certainly true. Am I right?

But when it comes to your wife, you want her to be "fresh".

So tell me this - when you ask your parents to pick a wife for you (I'm sure that is what you will do, expect your parents to find someone for you), what will you do - demand that she gets a virginity test before agreeing to marry her? And if you find out after marriage that she actually did have sex before marriage with someone, what will you do? Leave her and search for someone else "fresh"? Or start beating her?

It is not about premarital sex being "good" or "bad". The fact is that it happens all the time. You can keep your head in the sand and pretend that everyone is in the same boat as you are, but that doesn't change reality.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    Singh, Snuggy321 and Daredevil like this.
  19. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

Just reminds me of old saying from my time and before:

"If the Army wanted you to have a wife, it would issue you one."

20. Snuggy321

Snuggy321 Regular Member

You have obviously no idea what you are talking about..... having a girlfriend is "Just a little better than rape" ?! No surprise that this country is still full of backward morons like you. Incredible, I am simply stunned by this level of absurdity.

21. Bangalorean

He supports Khap Panchayats, and their weird diktats, FYI. He is one of the few members of DFI who support them.

Snuggy321 likes this.