DRDO Multi-calibre gun undergoing trials

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
DRDO is developing 'multi-calibre guns' which can load and fire both small and large bullets to meet the requirements of Army, a top official said on Friday.
".. The Army is to now go for a different variety of guns and ammunition. So, they are planning to go for, what is called, multi-barrel guns... And that we are doing already," DRDO chief Vijay Kumar Saraswat told reporters here.

More here...

Multi-calibre guns undergoing trials: DRDO Chief Saraswat

The Fox

Seriously i just saw a Unicorn today while i was going for a JOG in Bangalore........... Now Figure that out........ then why is there a tender for new Assault Rifle ....... they used INSAS so long they can wait for another 6 to 7 years if they get a indigenous one a better one

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Seriously i just saw a Unicorn today while i was going for a JOG in Bangalore........... Now Figure that out........ then why is there a tender for new Assault Rifle ....... they used INSAS so long they can wait for another 6 to 7 years if they get a indigenous one a better one
who will pay for post retirement for some?

Last edited:

EzioAltaïr

:hitwall:

This is the height of confusion. They mentioned 5 companies, none of which was called DRDO, in the tender last month. Now out of the blue, DRDO has also made a rifle.

Clarify please.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
DODOs have become DREDOs : The dreadful....... Throwing spanners in the process as always and the only thing they know the best.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Imho, this is a surprise ..

May be media did-not mention DRDO from start while they were in competition..

pmaitra

It would be nice to see more pictures.

I guess this news comes are a great disappointment to DRDO bashers. I hope the rifle gets constructive feedback and is eventually accepted.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

This is the height of confusion. They mentioned 5 companies, none of which was called DRDO, in the tender last month. Now out of the blue, DRDO has also made a rifle.

Clarify please.

Yeah, beyond confused right now about this.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Clarify please.
India Army was the one who asked for FINSAS. So they were in this all along, they new it and even tested the system and said it was heavy (system means other systems of FINSAS) Gun was delivered by lab earlier video i posted is of may 2009. But other subsystem has taken time.

now that they have made it, some people without looking at it would say host of things. Those who dont like INSAS would see how the foreigners will do in this tender.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
"indigenous" has become a mantra for some people's hegemony and bread and butter, the narrow minded "self preservation". Alas! their indigenous is all packed with threads from Manchester. and the tail form "Tel Aviv"......

A La Tatra, these guys are only crook assemblers minting commission in importing parts and sub assemblies and marketing the product as indigenous.

EzioAltaïr

That was the exact thought that hit me first. Maybe the indigenous-stuff-haters in the media just ignored the DRDO rifle altogether. Or maybe it was just an honest mistake. Either way, if the rifle's been there since the start, and its just been mentioned now, it's a big botch-up. :lol:

pmaitra

That was the exact thought that hit me first. Maybe the indigenous-stuff-haters in the media just ignored the DRDO rifle altogether. Or maybe it was just an honest mistake. Either way, if the rifle's been there since the start, and its just been mentioned now, it's a big botch-up. :lol:
It has been more than a decade since the INSAS series were developed. They were not laying eggs all these years, although some might have you believe it is an egg laying bird - apart from introducing several variants of the existing array of weapons.

DRDO must have had it up its sleeve. Good one, it true, that they released the news at the time when tests are being done, unlike many other ambitious announcements, long before anything materializes.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
"indigenous" has become a mantra for some people's hegemony and bread and butter, the narrow minded "self preservation". Alas! their indigenous is all packed with threads from Manchester. and the tail form "Tel Aviv"......

A La Tatra, these guys are only crook assemblers minting commission in importing parts and sub assemblies and marketing the product as indigenous.
sir you wont fight more then 30 days on imports, i am not in good mood today. Just remember in Kargil war, lot of emergency imports took place. Just remember while you are fighting and waiting for the shell and artillery parts, as same are out of stock in India and foreign manufacture says that they will provide the same in 20 days plus day or two to shift it. You will say that cant they make it here, enemy is at the gate. Then remember that people who are trying to make it here were discourage and called DODOs and DREDOs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles