DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

binayak95

Country flag

Tanmay

Country flag
C295 will be perfectly sized for mini MMA. This is a low hanging fruit. The navy and the coast guard both have expressed strong interest in MMAs. HAL can partner with Tata. What are they waiting for?
HAL will make ppts like MTA. Show dreams of wide export potential. :p

Shouldn't IN and ICG move on towards high endurance UAVs for patrolling on larger scale for short/medium ranges.
How about integrating NASM or sea eagle on them :p Will be economical in long run .

CG should rather buy US-2 like amphibs as we have seen it takes a lot of time to reach ship accidents spots by mobilising naval and CG ships. So crew and passengers and fishermen can be rescued on quicker scale.

Any specific need for IN to get C295 rather than continuing with P8i. Can divert precious funds to more needed P8i.

binayak95

Country flag
HAL will make ppts like MTA. Show dreams of wide export potential. :p

Shouldn't IN and ICG move on towards high endurance UAVs for patrolling on larger scale for short/medium ranges.
How about integrating NASM or sea eagle on them :p Will be economical in long run .

CG should rather buy US-2 like amphibs as we have seen it takes a lot of time to reach ship accidents spots by mobilising naval and CG ships. So crew and passengers and fishermen can be rescued on quicker scale.

Any specific need for IN to get C295 rather than continuing with P8i. Can divert precious funds to more needed P8i.
The P-8I is an absolutely amazing weapons platform that the IN is in love with. Its ability to track chinki subs continuously and with thorough precision really impresses the IN as does the aircraft's ease of maintenance and reliability.

BUT its a big and expensive system and has a higher OP cost than something like a C295 or even a modified C-130J (turboprops vs jets). Its the sensor suite that makes the critical difference.

The Do-228 is a good platform too but its small size limits payload capabilities. Thus, to have the best medium patrol aircraft, the IN would like to see something like the C-295 (which IAF is as it is procuring) to be used, so that there are no size constraints and no compromises and lesser running costs too than the P-8I (of which a min of 12 will be in service anyhow)

About, UAVs, yes, the IN has 3 squadrons, I think, of Israeli drones with an eye out for more in the future (the whole Predator thing) while the IN maintains a greater interest in rotary UAVs.

For the ICG, they dont really need US-2 or any kind of amphib aircraft for their SAR duties.

Choppers are the most suited for the role and Dhruvs, forward deployed to critical areas will serve the needs most eminently, I feel.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Every Air Launched Ballistic Missiles (ALBM) are Air to Surface Missiles (ASM) but not all Air to Surface Missiles are Air Launched Ballistic Missiles.

Air to Surface Missile includes Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM), Gravity Bomb, Gliding Bomb, PGMs as well.
I don't know of any country with air launched ballistic missile. Ballistic missiles are missiles that travel a fixed ballistic trajectory and need initial and final coordinates. In a fast moving plane, the initial corrdinates and initial speed keeps varying. So, only cruise missiles are launched from planes. Cruise missiles are maneuverable midflight and can take to the correct end location despite different initial parameters.

Recheck if India is actually developing ballistic missile or cruise missile (supersonic/hypersonic) to be launched from air

kr9

Country flag
Submarine launched "Takshak" Torpedo or EHWT's battery have been uprated from present 300kW to 330kW. A Significant achievement none the less.
Is this the sub launched version of Varunastra?

NeXoft007

Country flag
Is this the sub launched version of Varunastra?
Generically, Takshak is considered Sub Launched Varunashtra, but it still differs. The main difference being Length and Weight.

porky_kicker

Country flag
These pictures are from 2010-13 period

The various components shown in the pictures has been developed and tested for civilian applications of HPM , ultra wideband EM impulse etc.

However interesting thing is these systems became more compact and more versatile with each iteration. This gives drdo the confidence and core competency via civilian collaboration to develop a mobile HPM system for offensive and defensive use.

1.jpg

2.jpg

porky_kicker

Country flag
Just for info

Very old lab version (component) of locally developed helical flux compression generator coil used for generating EMP also known as
Explosively Pumped Flux Compression Generator (FCG).

However drdo has moved on to more sophisticated Explosive-Driven Magneto- Hydrodynamic Generator for EMP / direct energy weapons

zz.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles