DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

kurup

Country flag
Tremendous development have been achieved on DRDO's LFRJ Cruise Missile (Desi ASMP-A). But testing is still atleast a year away. It's technically made for what Brahmos legally can't.... Nuke Delivery
It was reported that , they were experiencing problems with the development of Ramjet Engine .

Have they overcome it ?? Is engine Indian or foreign one ??

kurup

Country flag
LFRJ is fully indigenous. No foreign firm involved. The name of this Missile starts with letter "V" and it's a 7 letter word but can't disclose. And the translation of that sanskrit word gives me boner. And with the recent development, I am pretty much sure that they had overcome their problems.

Let some month gets passed. Either I or DRDO will reveal this Missile's name.
Is it air launched or ground launched ?? The image shows it is a GLCM .

cyclops

Country flag
LFRJ is fully indigenous. No foreign firm involved. The name of this Missile starts with letter "V" and it's a 7 letter word but can't disclose. And the translation of that sanskrit word gives me boner. And with the recent development, I am pretty much sure that they had overcome their problems.

Let some month gets passed. Either I or DRDO will reveal this Missile's name.
Please tell me they'll test it this year.:drool:

Chinmoy

Country flag
About first pic, are you sure there's a control room inside? Coz possibly command & control room can be omitted if there's a remote command vehicle. Our Nirbhay TEL seems to be a stand alone system. No external support required.

About 2nd pic, it looks like MBRL or SAM with separate command vehicle and hence I can't see any dedicated C&C room.
The first pic is of improved DF-10 launcher probably. But anyway even the older DF-10 8x8 TEL does have an integrated Command and Control unit.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/chi...t_specifications_pictures_video_12301163.html

Country flag
Already posted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attachments

Country flag
Endurance mode user trial of NMRLs Land-based Prototype (LBP) for Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) complete.

Endurance mode user trial of Land-based Prototype (LBP) for Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System for submarines for a period of 14 days was successfully completed at Naval Materials Research Laboratory (NMRL), Ambernath, on 2 December 2017.

Primary performance parameters as per trial directives were met satisfactorily. The endurance trial was carried out in presence of Indian Navy and part of the plant was operated by Navy’s representatives. Easy operability and safe operation of the plant was appreciated by the user.

The AIP, developed by Naval Materials Research Laboratory (NMRL) is a 250 kW Phosphoric Acid Fuel Cell (PAFC) based system, that allows up to 14 days of underwater endurance for a submarine running solely on power supplied by this system.

NMRL’s AIP system incorporates a set of innovations that make it a rather contemporary system. For one, NMRL’s AIP package has an onboard hydrogen generation plant, which produces hydrogen ‘in situ’ that too without any combusion, unlike many other AIP configurations where hydrogen for a mission has to be carried on board in tanks.

PAFC has much longer service life than any other commercially viable FC type and has much better tolerance to impurities in the reactants used even when compared to polymer electrolyte fuel cells (PEMFC). But, PAFC operating temperatures are usually higher in comparison to PEMFC and overall power to weight ratio is lower.

The PAFC is designed such that series/parallel stacks can be used for power generation levels of up to 500 kw, this modularity of NMRL’s AIP solution enable it to be used in submarines other than the Scorpene as well. This also naturally increases the survivability of the system, since even if one of the modules fails, the control system for the PAFC stacks can reconfigure the remaining operational units to continue to supply power output, albeit at a reduced quantum.

The development of an indigenous AIP system by DRDO and its complete domestic industrialization is a significant milestone in the development of FC technology in India. Apart from the Scorpene programme, whatever diesel-electric submarine design is chosen for construction under Project-75I is also likely to be a recipient of NMRL’s AIP solution.

1.jpg

Global Defence

New threads

Articles