Dr Kalam as President again

praneet.bajpaie

Guys, someone please create a poll on this topic.

We have had stalwarts as our Presidents over the years but Dr Kalam has been arguably the greatest Prez this country has ever seen. His vision of India truly inspired me and I have been a fan and admirer of this person ever since.

Now, since the NDA has come back to power, should they again seek the appointment of Dr Kalam as the President of this country??

What do you guys think??

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Mukherjee has another 3 years, 2 months left in office. A government can't simply appoint a president. He's voted in by the electoral college comprising of members of LS, RS, and state VS'es. Even if NDA has a majority in LS, it doesn't have so in the RS; and most states in India are still non-NDA. Each vote cast by a member of VS has its own face-value, which is decided by the population of the state. The upcoming VS polls in NCT-Delhi, Haryana, and Maharashtra could be won by NDA, so there's that.

Last edited:

Free Karma

He's past his time, I dont think he is in a condition to be a president again, he's 82, been in and out of the hospital. I'm sure we'll find other worthy people in our country of 1 billion plus :D. Plus he was not too keen on the job himself for the second term, but that maybe due to his struggles with the congress.

pankaj nema

Country flag
India has been following a policy of One President - One term for
30 Years Now

I think we should continue with it

Kaalapani

Tihar Jail
Banned
I think he needs some rest and pleasant life style away from all political drama he is 82.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
I'd rather, Pranab da gets elected again.

laughingbuddha

Country flag
Yashwant Sinha would make a good President if LK Advani is not put up by the NDA.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Till now he's proven himself to be worthier First citizen then most of his predecessors and wholly impartial one at that,
It'll be India's gain if he's reinstated.

It's just my hope. Let's see

JBH22

Whoever they select as President it should be someone who does not steal cutlery or is a puppet :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles