Don't rush to back Beijing over Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Why ?

History of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Singularly the most stupid statement. Period.

How so ? Its only since the last 15-20 years that China has got ahead of India. Cultural Revolution anyone ?

Unfortunately, Indian citizens know they are better than the rest and expected the OC to follow suit. In China, Hans can't protest and the non-Hans get killed.

I wholeheartedly differ with the reasons. But communism has ruined Chinese. They are imprisoned in a fake gold cage.

Now, I must warn you to not make such obtuse statements.
At the first glimpse of this post, i am terrified by the drastic aggressiveness displayed in the post. I am now feeling lucky i was not acutally saying this to an Indian in reality because i think i may have invited a fight for that.

Did i say something unforgivable which offended you so much you that you are so mad at me?
Well, judging from your unprecedented critical response, obviously i did.

It took me a while to figure out what may have pissed you off. Maybe it is because i said it is unfair to compare India with China, and you interpreted as me implying India is out of China's league. If that is the case, i have to say you are a little sensitive.

I said the comparison is unfair to India because i think India faced more national recognition problems which in some way have hindered the development of India and caused India's lagging behind. I was simply expressing my personal idea, like all of us have been doing here.

If what i said is wrong, I believe you can correct me in a more civilized way instead of calling it cretinous post.

Why are you doing this, to humiliate me, to show that you are a tough guy? Grow up, man!

I am Not deleting Nimo's post for posterity sake. Henceforth cretinous post like these will merit strong action. Y'all have been Warned.
Do not condescend to me, i hate when people do that to me.

You want ot ban me? Be my guest.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
If India as a whole established for 70 years, then the same applies for PRC which after the civil war saw PLA controlling most of China. As a matter of fact you still have not completely won the civil war since KMT still opposes and communist PLA. Civilization on the Indian peninsula goes back thousands of years when you guys were tribes. So dont lecture us on existence.
I beg to differ here.

I did not say civilization in south asia has only existed for 70 years. I was saying India, as a united and independent country, only came into being 70 year ago.

You have rapidly developed coz you managed to make everyone work for you at cheap wages. Out in India we have something called as freedom which you may have never heard of. In India people demand higher wages and hence production cost increases and so on. But you guys make your people work like slaves and then talk about greatness.
Why wages in India are lower than it is in China? Just openning your big mouth and saying Indian people have good life does not make it real.

Look at your own dirt before comparing.
Who is more fond of the comparison?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
I did not say civilization in south asia has only existed for 70 years. I was saying India, as a united and independent country, only came into being 70 year ago.
Please read up on the Mauryan, Gupta and Mughal empires

nimo_cn

Country flag
Let us look at the Chinese history and the claim that it has been there for centuries.

This will indicate in a graphic way the history of China.

Notice that there was nothing called China and the expansion by conquests including those of non Han people.

In fact, one cannot forget the Khanates and the Manchus who were not Chinese by a long chalk.

Mr professional, China is a multiracial country. Chinese includes Han, Manhu, Tibetan, Hui, etc, just like Indian includes Hindu, Tamil, Maratha, etc.

What kind of professional are you to make a cretinous statement like Manchus are not Chinese?

dove

Why not compare China with US, UK, Europe and say Democracy kicks ass of tyranny any day ? Picking india as the sole example of Democracy is totally dishonest attempt to hide the real issue. Has any prosperous country managed to have a stable social equilibrium without democracy ?

Until China becomes as prosperous and stable was US, UK etc but without democracy, the jury is still out.

As far as India is concerned - we do not have a majority (han-like) population who can flatten all other cultures. Hence we have no choice but democracy.

If the Chinese experiment is to bring stability and prosperity without democracy, the Indian experiment is to start with democracy even before the masses are fully educated and mentally empowered.

A tight rope act v/s stable but lurching growth.

Also its too funny that China which was being ridiculed as a hopeless third world country only 3 decades ago and still haven't caught up with US, UK etc anywhere close in terms of standard of life and prosperity of individual citizens should make pompous claims against India which is coming up the same curve as China, just 15 years behind.

One would think their own success in the face of west's taunting would act as a cautionary reminder that others could do it too - esp when the difference between India and China is even today much less than difference between US and China.

dove

I believe nimo_cn is using a chinese to english dictionary to use big words and sound 'professional'. Thus 'cretinous' etc etc. I think we should allow it as an amusing side show and not take offense.

The other explanation is of course that Pakistanis have been teaching english to the Chinese - in return for the nukes etc. Imagine 1 billion chinese making Pakistani english popular all over the world. We should make peace and give kashmir away if they promise to stop!!!!!

nimo_cn

Country flag
I believe nimo_cn is using a chinese to english dictionary to use big words and sound 'professional'. Thus 'cretinous' etc etc. I think we should allow it as an amusing side show and not take offense.

The other explanation is of course that Pakistanis have been teaching english to the Chinese - in return for the nukes etc. Imagine 1 billion chinese making Pakistani english popular all over the world. We should make peace and give kashmir away if they promise to stop!!!!!
Sarcasm!

It kind of hurts when an english learner is ridiculed this way, but i am gonna take it.
After all, criticism never comes in a pleasant way.

BTW, i am learning these big words such as cretinous by looking up english dictionary. Hence, no Pakistanis, no nuke trade.

Last edited:

dove

cretinous is an offensive word in english. If you used it knowing its proper usage, you should be banned. So, yes - please take it modestly. Overindulgence is harmful.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
There's something known as foreign perception. Churchill thought India was as much a nation as the equator. Today Britain is smaller in area than Andhra Pradesh (209,331 km² including overseas territories vs. 260,068 km²). So let's not claw down on foreign perception.

Yes, Republic of India is 63 years old, but it's 1 year older than People's Republic of China, and maintained a higher GDP and GDP per-capita than China for close to 35 years. As for nationalism, just as Chinese nationalism emerged no more a few hundred years ago, it wasn't much later that Indian nationalism crystallized.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Why not compare China with US, UK, Europe and say Democracy kicks ass of tyranny any day ? Picking india as the sole example of Democracy is totally dishonest attempt to hide the real issue. Has any prosperous country managed to have a stable social equilibrium without democracy ?

Until China becomes as prosperous and stable was US, UK etc but without democracy, the jury is still out.

As far as India is concerned - we do not have a majority (han-like) population who can flatten all other cultures. Hence we have no choice but democracy.

If the Chinese experiment is to bring stability and prosperity without democracy, the Indian experiment is to start with democracy even before the masses are fully educated and mentally empowered.

A tight rope act v/s stable but lurching growth.

Also its too funny that China which was being ridiculed as a hopeless third world country only 3 decades ago and still haven't caught up with US, UK etc anywhere close in terms of standard of life and prosperity of individual citizens should make pompous claims against India which is coming up the same curve as China, just 15 years behind.

One would think their own success in the face of west's taunting would act as a cautionary reminder that others could do it too - esp when the difference between India and China is even today much less than difference between US and China.
I believe most Chinese are fully aware of the fact that China is behind of US, UK, etc. We do not need a comparison between China and US by an Indian to remind us how much China lags behind US.

The reason why many Chinese netizens feel contemptuous of India is neither because India is behind China,nor because India is a democracy, but because Indians lack due modesty when dealing with China.

The difference between China and India is much less than the difference between US and China, nevertheless difference still exists. Even if India is one year behind China, you are still behind, aren't you? Then why keeps teasing us, becasue you are a democracy?

The reluctance dispalyed by most Indian in accepting the fact that China is ahead just shows how immature you are.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
At the first glimpse of this post, i am terrified by the drastic aggressiveness displayed in the post. I am now feeling lucky i was not acutally saying this to an Indian in reality because i think i may have invited a fight for that.
If that Indian happens to be a moderator at a very busy defence forum and hyperallergic to flamebaits then you would be spot on.

Did i say something unforgivable which offended you so much you that you are so mad at me?
Well, judging from your unprecedented critical response, obviously i did.
I don't think you understand the job criteria. My job is to prevent flamebaits like the ones you posted. I suggest you look up flamebait online.

It took me a while to figure out what may have pissed you off. Maybe it is because i said it is unfair to compare India with China, and you interpreted as me implying India is out of China's league. If that is the case, i have to say you are a little sensitive.
Its because you threw the thread out of tangent, and started a frivolous discussion which will lead to nothing but trouble.

I said the comparison is unfair to India because i think India faced more national recognition problems which in some way have hindered the development of India and caused India's lagging behind. I was simply expressing my personal idea, like all of us have been doing here.
I suggest you read up on India, if you are not knowledgeable about a subject it behooves you to gain an understanding about it rather than spew garbage.

If what i said is wrong, I believe you can correct me in a more civilized way instead of calling it cretinous post.
If you would open a thread discussing this topic more deeply, and giving references and logical arguments then I will call your post rational and intellectual.

Why are you doing this, to humiliate me, to show that you are a tough guy? Grow up, man!
Do not condescend to me, i hate when people do that to me.
You want ot ban me? Be my guest.
If you want to show me that you are a real tough guy, read 2 books, 10 articles on India and then start a thread.

If you want to add anything more, please PM me and not sully the thread.
---

Okay folks back on topic.

dove

The reason why many Chinese netizens feel contemptuous of India is neither because India is behind China,nor because India is a democracy, but because Indians lack due modesty when dealing with China.
A chinese preaching modesty ? Now I have heard it all. The whole world is sick to our gills hearing the super-chinese this and super-chinese that and how US should watch out for China and blah blah blah.

Indians feel contemptuous of China the same way a poor man feel contemptuous for another one who barely got some money and immediately starts behaving like a king.

First actually become a modern prosperous civilized open nation. Then preach about your systems and methods. India boats about democracy because it is proven to create a stable society in other countries like US etc. Thus we know it works. When China has completed 100 years as a first world country with all citizens living happily without freedom, we will accept that is also a possible model.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Even if India is one year behind China, you are still behind, aren't you? Then why keeps teasing us, becasue you are a democracy?
Could this be what they say is sledging?

It is an Australian invention! :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Mr professional, China is a multiracial country. Chinese includes Han, Manhu, Tibetan, Hui, etc, just like Indian includes Hindu, Tamil, Maratha, etc.

What kind of professional are you to make a cretinous statement like Manchus are not Chinese?
Not really cretinous actually.

It is to indicate the falsehood of your claim.

If Manchus were so Chinese as you claim, then why did San Yat Sen overthrow the Manchus?

If the Manchus were Chinese, then why did they make the Chinese wear pigtails as a sign to show that the Chinese are inferior a race?!

The Khanates were Chinese?

Tibetan and Uighurs are Chinese? If the Tibetans thought that they were Chinese, then HH the Dalai Lama would not take asylum in India nor would the large numbers of Tibetans. Their opinion is that they are as Chinese as the Man in the Moon!

Why were the Southerners who you captured called barbarians?

You can fool some, but you can't fool all, all the time!

You must learn to see with a proper and wide perspective and not be a frog in the well.

I am a professional alright, but the area of expertise is not history or China. These two are mere hobbies I pursue thanks to people like you spinning falsehood and clouding history to suit your purpose!

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Not really cretinous actually.

It is to indicate the falsehood of your claim.

If Manchus were so Chinese as you claim, then why did San Yat Sen overthrow the Manchus?

If the Manchus were Chinese, then why did they make the Chinese wear pigtails as a sign to show that the Chinese are inferior a race?!

The Khanates were Chinese?

Tibetan and Uighurs are Chinese? If the Tibetans thought that they were Chinese, then HH the Dalai Lama would not take asylum in India nor would the large numbers of Tibetans. Their opinion is that they are as Chinese as the Man in the Moon!

Why were the Southerners who you captured called barbarians?

You can fool some, but you can't fool all, all the time!

You must learn to see with a proper and wide perspective and not be a frog in the well.

I am a professional alright, but the area of expertise is not history or China. These two are mere hobbies I pursue thanks to people like you spinning falsehood and clouding history to suit your purpose!
What a clueless argument!
All you arguments tell nothing but Tibetans are not Hans, Manchus are not Hans, which is a well-known fact.

Chinese are people who have lived and is living in China, which includes Hans, Tibetans, Manchus, Hui, etc.
Can't tell the differences between the term Chinese and the term Han?

Well, apparently you can't. Then let me use India as an analogy to do some explanations here.

Why are muslim living in India called Indian?
Why are Tamil living in India called Indian?
Why are Maratha living in India called Indian?

If we apply your theory to Indian, i can get the following conlusions.

Muslim living India are not Indian;
Tamil living in India are not Indian;
Maratha living India are not Indian;
In one word, Indian, as a nationality, never exists in the world.

Can we get those conlusions by applying your own theories, Mr professional?

Last edited:

Agantrope

All you arguments tell nothing but Tibetans are not Hans, Manchus are not Hans, which is a well-known fact.

Chinese are people who have lived and is living in China, which includes Hans, Tibetans, Manchus, Hui, etc.
Can't tell the differences between the term Chinese and the term Han?

Well, apparently you can't. Then let me use India as an analogy to do some explanations here.

Well quite funny argument.

There was never a concept of the India then, But it was called or termed as 'Akand Bharath'. If not just try to inject something into our brain if there any such things exists.

From the Chandragupta maruya period people living south asia are 'now' called as Indians. Even pakistanis are with the indian ethos.

Do you think the indian muslims are jumped directly from arab or turks? They are embrassed islam for many other reasons. Tamils (I am) never was out of mainstream in the akand Bharath, They people went raised when moghuls cracked down the north indian rulers and many of them got disintegrated over fear of defeat. Marathas, fought against the Moghuls, again. Come on buddy, have some water You people know only the twisted history presented by the max-muller and your history are written by your own people and us or any westerners.

Nimo yet again dont $hit around here and this topic is now going no where.

Last edited:

gogbot

well, frankly speaking, in the eyes of most CHinese ,India now is a a model how "democracy" ruins a country with great potential.

many CHinese supporter of democracy and basher against CPC have to shut up when CHinese supporter of CPC and authoritism use India as a example how terrible and harmful democracy might to a old civilization with billions of people.
Liberty is the concept of ideological and political philosophy that identifies the condition to which an individual has the right to behave according to one's own personal responsibility and free will. The conception of liberty is impacted by ideals concerning the social contract as well as arguments that are concerned with the state of nature.
Liberty is a value that i consider very important. You may not and that's your choice.
But its been historically proven that Communist systems always fail to guarantee liberty to its people.

I am not an absolutist, some freedoms should be Controlled , Socialism when applied properly is very good.

But as it stand right now , I would much rather have an imperfect democracy rather then a Communist state.

What India really needs is a more capable politicians. Not a new system with new Babus in charge.
If India was a communist state with the same people in charge , really things would only get worse since the government would be even less unaccountable

EagleOne

i dont understand why u r comparing ethinc group with -religion&lingustic groups
if u want to compare u can compare as Dravidian and indo-aryan
ur comparison is entirely wrong - i am will not opposing the nationality

indian as a nationality never exist -justify your statement

Last edited:

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador

You are exposing how clueless you are on this matter, not that I can fault you for this.

Tamils and Marathas are Hindus as well! Hinduism is a religion not a race. Even the vast majority of Nepalese are Hindus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles