Don’t ‘meddle’ in Nepal, Sri Lanka, China media warns India

lcafanboy

Country flag
Don’t ‘meddle’ in Nepal, Sri Lanka, China media warns India
Saibal Dasgupta| TNN | Mar 22, 2017, 05.20 AM IST

BEIJING: The Chinese mediahas threatened to "fight back" any Indian attempt to meddle with China's attempts to enter into military collaboration with Nepal and Sri Lanka. The threat comes amid the ongoing visit of Chinese defence minister Chang Wanquan to Sri Lanka, which will be followed by a tour of Nepal. Chang is accompanied by deputy commander of the navy, Su Zhiqian.

China is worried that it may not be easy to overcome decades of Indian influence in these countries. Accusing India of trying to counter-balance China's growing influence in South Asia, Beijing-based Global Times said in a commentary, "If such tendencies in India continue, China will have to fight back, because its core interests will have been violated. This is not what we hope for, but the ball is in India's court."
Top Comment
Just ban chinese goods in India, and Trump will succed in breaking china's back and ego as well.Rajeev Desai

However, People's Daily, the Communist Party organ, has taken a different stance refraining from making such bitter attacks. People's Daily is regarded as a parent of Global Times.

Beijing is apprehensive about the forthcoming visit to Indian Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat to Nepal from March 28 to 31, which may influence Kathmandu's decision making during Chang's visit. Rawat is expected to discuss sale of military hardware and software to Nepal, which is what China is trying to do. This explains China's worries, observers said.

Stay updated on the go with Times of India News App. Click here to download it for your device.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...na-media-warns-india/articleshow/57762891.cms

@sayareakd @Bornubus @Kunal Biswas @ALL

lcafanboy

Country flag
China will fight back India’s attempts to sour our South Asia ties: State media
INDIA Updated: Mar 21, 2017 16:10 IST

It quoted a Hindustan Times report to suggest that the latest reason for India to be unnerved is the visit of defence minister Chang Wanquan to Sri Lanka and Nepal, which began Sunday.

“The tone of a report in the Hindustan Times sounds vigilant and sour. Claiming that Chang’s visit to Nepal and the first ever China-Nepal joint military drill has made New Delhi ‘nervous’, the newspaper also noted that the Nepalese government ‘cannot afford to say no to Beijing’ as if China is carrying a stick around when interacting with its neighbours,” the Global Times said.

The tone of the GT article then changed to bashing India’s foreign policy in south Asia and in relation to China: without mincing words, it said India controls Bhutan and is the reason when China-Bhutan don’t have diplomatic ties.

“The truth is, however, it is India that has been treating south Asia and the Indian Ocean as its backyard with a hard-line manner. Its uneasiness toward Beijing’s growing influence in the region is obvious. For instance, New Delhi is one of the crucial reasons why China and Bhutan, which is controlled by India economically and diplomatically, have not yet established diplomatic relations,” the article, written by Ai Jun, said.

Read more

“India’s vigilance against China has also affected Sri Lanka and Nepal’s relations with Beijing. Even if they are trying to balance between the two giant neighbours, New Delhi still regards their neutrality as a pro-Beijing policy,” Ai wrote.

Ai added: “Whenever a top leader from those countries visits China, the Indian media would hype that India is losing them or China’s emerging weight in south Asia will be New Delhi’s new threat.”

The article had a word of advice for India.

“New Delhi should stop being extremely sensitive toward each and every move between China and its neighbours. Sri Lanka and Nepal are actually looking forward to joint projects with China, given their poor infrastructure,” it said.

“When an increasing number of Chinese companies get established in these countries, it is inevitable that Beijing will boost defence collaboration with them to protect not only China’s, but also the region’s interest.”

The GT article didn’t mention that the Indian Army chief Gen Bipin Rawat will be visiting Nepal between March 28 and March 31 at the invitation of the government of Nepal.

vinuzap

india will cut it short in next 2 years and will increase its influence in south china sea , tibet, taiwan and vietnam

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Chinese Warning department stuck again.

"peaceful rise" slogan is only a slogan and chinese words and actions point in two directions.

China is not USA, nor Srilanka is India's Cuba or Nepal is Pakistan.

This is what happens if Idiots build an empire. They do not know how to respond or do diplomacy. Chinese Economy and the defense toys built based on stolen designs of west do not deter India.

The bottom line is "China will not get any military pacts from South Asian nations except Pakistan".

Any attempts to negotiate a military pact with these nations will be seen as a direct threat to India's sovereignty and core interests.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
We should really help vietnam with nuclear technology
at this stage before we become a P6 and also for other reasons not necessary to spoil our spotless nonproliferation record for the sake of irrational fear of prc

all we need to do is help vietnam with everythig just short of nuke weapons eg russia has tested very powerful bombs which are non nuke ref:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-bomb-idUSL1155952320070912

so legally and by international law , our non proliferation record is spotless

but far more important is to negotiate to get our nukes into the northern part of vietnam ...... and that will counter china in a very important way which they can fully understand

@IndianHawk@Willy2
@roma
@Krusty@lcafanboy
@nick_indian@Deadshot Para Guy@Google@republic_roi97@Defcon 1 @GhanteshwarSER=21606]@Ramdasrathsuryavanshi[/USER]@vinay535@Darth Malgus USER=14856]@Rushil51[/USER]@rishivashista13
@Ramdasrathsuryavanshi@Imaxxx@Eastman @raheel besharam@Bullet@raja696@LordOfTheUnderworlds

@Amr
@AnkitPurohit@Akshay_Fenix@aditya10r@Akaskkumar@airtel@angeldude13@aditya10r@Abhijat@AncientIndian@anupamsurey@aliyah @@Alien@AravindSanjeev @Achauhan@asingh10@AdityaG@asianobserve@Bahamut @BATTLEFIELD@Berkut@bose@Bornubus@brational@blueblood@Blackwater
@Blood+@bhai-117@Bangalorean@bengalraider
@Bengal_Tiger@biswas_k11 @BharatEkKhoj @BroodFather @cobracommando@Chirag @ChrisJude@Chinmoy@Cadian@DingDong@dhananjay1@ersakthivel@FRYCRY
@G10@Gessler@garg_bharat@guru-dutt @HariSud
@hit&run@hardip@HeinzGud@indiandefencefan@I_PLAY_BAD @IndianDevil@Indibomber@IndianHawk@Jangaruda
@JayPatel@jackprince@Kshatriya87@kstriya@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha@mhk99@Mikesingh@mayfair@MetsaMan@Markantony@manutdfan@maomao @NavneetKundu@Neil@NickyG@OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra@parijataka@PaliwalWarrior@Pulkit@PrashantAzazel@rahulsingh@Rowdy@Razor@Rashna@[email protected]@shade@sasum@smestarz @SakalGhareluUstad@Srinivas_K@ShashankSharma@SANITY
@sunnyv@sgarg@sabari@Sameet2@saik@sorcerer@Superdefender@sydsnyper@Sridevi@SREEKAR@Screambowl@Sylex21@square@TacticalFrog@TejasMK3@Theenlightened
@TamilER]@tejaswarior@tharun@thethinker@tsunami@TODELU@VIP@VaghaDeva@Vishwarupa@VishalGuts@Yusuf@Yumdoot@Zebra

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
all we need to do is help vietnam with everythig just short of nuke weapons
you know we could help them in making theri own Thermobaric bomb it is the nearest conventional weapon to nukes and BHARAT posses that Technology
and we should help them bygiving them some of our new version Bhramos Missiles
you know we are giving them 500million $ for defense anyway

Krusty

Country flag
we should really support another LTTE In Sri LAnka This time whitout attacking them
Well I have always said if we had poured even a fraction of resources that was spent seperating Bangladesh and carved an Eelam the way India took advantage and liberated Bangladesh, we would have a nice buffer between SL and India and have had a solid foothold on the island. Hindu Tamils of SL would be more loyal and pro India than Two timing Sinhalese who just play us for fools and infinitely more loyal to India than Bangladeshi Muslims. We could have had naval and army bases there. But that opportunity has slipped past us. Now China has capabilities to dock her ships literally a few kilometres off of TN coast. We could have actually taken advantage but we messed that chance royally. Well this is what got me branded as a seperatist and a terrorist here. But I still stand by my views. Indian insterests is above all else. Having the geographical advantage, we literally threw away that cake in the worst way possible.

captscooby81

Country flag
Seriously you feel a Tamil Eelam would be more supportive to a hindi speaking central government . Bro come on don t be so optimistic .. the entire Dravidian movement is pushed on anti hindu and anti hindi hate how do you expect a separate Eelam would side along with indian state and Eelam demand was also breaking part of TN from india and create a separate land for Tamils ... Well it has to happen china is not going to keep quiet it wants to secure its strategic resources and if the Sri lankan govt is pro india or not the chinese will still push all its economic and strategic deception techniques to secure bases around us .. They have now bases in Coco islands near to A&N command ..

And i don t see any fucking hindu s left in Eelam or at least in the LTTE group all are converted evangelist pseudo hindu s may be for the sake of names ...

@Hemu Vikram Aditya please be carefull in what you wish for .. If you really don t have idea on the LTTE and the fringe groups which support it in TN . They want to break india are you happy to let go part of TN or entire TN like kashmir and WB ????

Well I have always said if we had poured even a fraction of resources that was spent seperating Bangladesh and carved an Eelam the way India took advantage and liberated Bangladesh, we would have a nice buffer between SL and India and have had a solid foothold on the island. Hindu Tamils of SL would be more loyal and pro India than Two timing Sinhalese who just play us for fools and infinitely more loyal to India than Bangladeshi Muslims. We could have had naval and army bases there. But that opportunity has slipped past us. Now China has capabilities to dock her ships literally a few kilometres off of TN coast. We could have actually taken advantage but we messed that chance royally. Well this is what got me branded as a seperatist and a terrorist here. But I still stand by my views. Indian insterests is above all else. Having the geographical advantage, we literally threw away that cake.

Krusty

Country flag
If you really don t have idea on the LTTE and the fringe groups which support it in TN . They want to break india are you happy to let go part of TN or entire TN like kashmir and WB ????
Wow, that escalated quickly...

captscooby81

Country flag
Thalai i have closely followed the LTTE raise in Srilanka and also the tamil fringe nationalist groups in TN .. Well it was willy Politicians in TN who put a fake pressure on the indian government saying if you don t involve in the srilankan crisis you will see big uprising in TN for the eelam movement and just to respect the tamil population sentiment india sent the troops and we all know what happened after apart from loosing 1200 plus soldiers we also have a black mark in the way we have to pull our troops back and accused of human rights violations and top of it loosing a Leader at the highest level of Prime Minister to a bloody bomb blast ... I have no regards for LTTE they are fucking group of selfish morons who wanted power for their self growth not for the srilankan tamils ..

Wow, that escalated quickly...

Krusty

Country flag
@captscooby81 ita a bit late now for me,I'll explain tomorrow in more detail. I think you have taken a complex topic, and Come to an abrupt conclusion ignoring its nuances. I am a Tamil originally (my Great Grandfather moved to chennai) from Kumbakonam and most of my relatives are still in kumbakonam and none of the people I know both in kumbakonam and chennai want a seperate TN or opposed to the idea of India. As for me, both my grandfathers and my Father served in the forces and I am patriotic as one can be. There are fringe elements i agree like vaiko and seeman. How many seats did he win in TN? Comparing TN to Kashmir and WB having majority of Muslim population and a close proximity to an anti India Muslim nation is a Bit of a stretch. Granted TN is facing a Missionary issue. But comparing to the likes of WB or Kashmir, I don't know. Let me ask you this, how did separating Bangladesh help us? I don't count bragging rights. Most of the Muslims there if not all are pro Sunni-Pakistan. Actively undermining Indian interests, not to mention absolutely messes up WB and parts of NE. Had India handled TN and SL carefully from the get go, I can argue we would have come out much better than we actually did. But thanks to the stupidity of congress and incompetence of our Politicians all round, that chance is lost forever. There is no going back now. It's all speculation. But I'm still saying this. RAW and congress should have taken advantage. That way they would have silenced the local Govt and bringing a substantial part of SL into the fold. It would have been a strategic masterstroke ensuring the loyalty of Tamils towards The Central govt and ofcourse a proper foot hold on the island nation

P:S: I know LTTE is a Christian facade. That can be dealt later differently. 80% of SL Tamils are Hindus. China would have been effectively out of IOR. Fringe Christians on the island is easier t deal with than Majority Sinhalese and Chinese operating on an area which you don't have a foothold.

What's your take on this?

Last edited:

captscooby81

Country flag
I never doubted you or judged your nationalism or support for hindu cause . i just said the fringe is so deep .. Vaiko is such a piece of joke i take him with pinch of salt you know why because that joker is my distant relative ..:laugh: i only abuse him when i meet my relatives .. He is one loose canon who speaks equal to Su Su swamy both brain fucked jokers ..

Well the problem is you never know who is true to just srilankan tamils and who wants to separate TN from india .. This entire dravidian movement with periyar and annaduari and later the old fucker karunanidhi and now taken over by Seeman AKA simon and Tirumugan Gandhi and Director gouthaman all have a very sinister anti hindu and anti india mindset and they just want to create the divide so strong and deep that once it starts going downward it will be like a gravity all it needs is a pull for madness to start in the state ..

i am battling these assholes every where in my whats app groups of schoolmates and college whats app group and also in all the fucking Meme pages in FB i am relentlessly calling their lie and fake propaganda but i see i am almost fighting a loosing battle because this madness of anti india hate is slowly spreading like a cancer and it needs some strong chemotherapy .. It was J jayalalitha who was like a proper surgeon who used to cut this cancer when ever it used to grow but now she gone the vaccum she is leaving is going to destabilise the state for sure ..

Comparing Kashmir and WB with TN may sound to absurd for you but that s the way the history has proved things start in any secession movement .. slowly target one particular group and create anti propaganda against that one group and then slowly create the rift and then push for the chaos in the state ..

There is a deep connection between all the states and TN i compared with .. In Kerala WB its communist in TN its the communist hiding in different form called Dravidian movement who want to create the same situation against the indian state

Congress has screwed up the entire nation their hindi push created divide in TN and their language push in NE created rift in Manipur Mizoram and Nagaland so lets not talk about them its a party which was given mandate to destroy the indian union as soon as possible and then did achieve something in last 70 years ..

@captscooby81 ita a bit late now for me, I think you have taken a complex topic, and Come to an abrupt conclusion ignoring its nuances. I am a Tamil originally (my Great Grandfather moved to chennai) from Kumbakonam and most of my relatives are still in kumbakonam and none of the people I know both in kumbakonam and chennai want a seperate TN or opposed to the idea of India. As for me, both my grandfathers and my Father served in the forces and I am patriotic as one can be. There are fringe elements i agree like vaiko. How many seats did he win in TN? Comparing TN to Kashmir and WB having majority of Muslim population and a close proximity to an anti India Muslim nation is a Bit of a stretch. Granted TN is facing a Missionary issue. But comparing to the likes of WB or Kashmir, I don't know. Let me ask you this, how did separating Bangladesh help us? I don't count bragging rights. Most of the Muslims there if not all are pro Sunni-Pakistan. Actively undermining Indian interests, not to mention absolutely messes up WB and parts of NE. Had India handled TN and SL carefully from the get go, I can argue we would have come out much better than we actually did. But thanks to the stupidity of congress and incompetence of our Politicians all round, that chance is lost forever. There is no going back now. It's all speculation.

Global Defence

Articles