Don't buy the hype: Russia's military is much weaker than Putin wants us to think

garg_bharat

Country flag
@saty, you have no idea either of Russians, or Americans, or Chinese.

You are just a moron venting your frustration on a message board.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
99.99% Indians have absolutely no idea of Russia. So anybody can say anything.
Are you saying you fall in 0.01% who completely knows Russia or are you just saying anything.

@saty, you have no idea either of Russians, or Americans, or Chinese.
You are just a moron venting your frustration on a message board.
Actually saty has a valid point.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
For me Russia is for USA as Porkistan is for India............ Nuisance and crushed at any moment. :)
that's exactly the current situation now .. US is calm like India , Russia is like a barking pig like Pakistan

Pakistan = Russia

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
India should have used this opportunity and interfered in Syria. This would have messed up American plans in Syria, not to mention Saudi would have been rattled. They are already fighting a 3 front war (Yemen, Iraq, Syria) and hoping to still have strength left to fight Iran. Had India entered Syria in any coalition against Saudi, they would be in a serious soup. We could have used this as a bargaining chip to get them to shut their madrassas and NGOs in India, smother their material and moral support to Pakistan and get them to behave properly. Anyway, the more the Syria conflict protracts, the more money the Saudis will have to pour in, which means they will have less for missionary activities elsewhere. We should have done more in Syria, or at least taken a position in Yemen, which is antithetical to Saudi Arabia.
  1. India doesn't have capability to fight distant wars. It will take time to make preparation.
  2. What strategic value will India get by invading Syria/Yemen?
  3. The Saudi tilt to Pakistan has greatly reduced since our increase in oil purchase. Finally Saud's are businessmen. Whatever you do their will be certain area of society in Saudi that will support Pakistan!!!
  4. How India entering Syria will land Saudi in a serious soup and give us bargaining chip against them?
  5. Why do you want India to tank casualties for others with no strategic gain? We are not actively entering Afghanistan and you want us to enter Syria.
  6. Are you aware of the fact that India is also destination for ISIS oil?

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
@saty, I like your style.
IAF be damned for buying Su-30 and Mig-29.
upto end of last year Service availability of Su 30 is juts below 55%,

commie lovers said the service avail number increased 70% within a month ...Russia supplied jee boom baa magic versus to IAF to increase the service avail.

Army be damned for buying T-90 and T-72.
I suggest you to go and find the T 90 Thread, there is lot of matters

a pinch of salt for you http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/indian-t-90-in-trouble.59199/

Navy be damned for buying Vikramaditya.
ha ha everyone know how the Russians looted Indians with the 2nd hand carrier

garg_bharat

Country flag
Are you saying you fall in 0.01% who completely knows Russia or are you just saying anything.

Actually saty has a valid point.
Because I meet real people, not newspaper phantoms.
The people on this board are school or college goers with no experience of real life.

Russians are mostly honest and warm people.

garg_bharat

Country flag
upto end of last year Service availability of Su 30 is juts below 55%,

commie lovers said the service avail number increased 70% within a month ...Russia supplied jee boom baa magic versus to IAF to increase the service avail.

I suggest you to go and find the T 90 Thread, there is lot of matters

a pinch of salt for you http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/indian-t-90-in-trouble.59199/

ha ha everyone know how the Russians looted Indians with the 2nd hand carrier
Wow our zionist warrior!! In full form!!

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
@Dark Sorrow, it does not matter what Russia exports, even if it is pig poo. If there are customers overseas, it will export.

Most Indians have little idea about the export/import of own country, let alone Russia.

Neither India nor Russia have "export oriented" economies.

The basic fact is that sanctions have worked both ways. The reduced exports have been offset with reduced imports.

So Russians have stopped importing fancy European cars. The sales of German cars has crashed. Interestingly Hyundai is doing well in Russian market.
Sir, I suggest you Google about Economy of Russia.
Russians have stopped importing fancy European cars because these cars are going out of budget for Average Russian. Interestingly Hyundai is doing well in Russian market. Still Russians prefer European cars whenever they can afford them.

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
If your answer is this.... Just Check some articles/experiences from many Indians/Hindus who say

''Because I meet real people, not newspaper phantoms.
The people on this board are school or college goers with no experience of real life.

Pakistanis are mostly honest and warm people.'' :lol:
Good. So buying weapons from Russia is equal to buying weapons from Pakistan. Now Hindu-Paki bha-bhai as per you.

garg_bharat

Country flag
You have some comprehension problems for u again

''Russia is for USA as Porkistan is for India''.

My intention is sentiments/perceptions doesn't work in real time business/wars.
Your statements are gibberish. It is from a confused mind.
What experience you have of business or war. I want to know your total experience of life.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Sir, these both are very bad examples.
Russians screwed in both these deals.
How? Indian OFB/MOD/Military are not exactly saints.
You think you know inside story of everything. I say unlikely.

Arms deals are complex. We do not know what exactly goes on.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
How? Indian OFB/MOD/Military are not exactly saints.
You think you know inside story of everything. I say unlikely.

Arms deals are complex. We do not know what exactly goes on.
Hmm .. I expected this .. That Putin Commie lovers can blame India to save the face of Russians and commie's

Bahamut

did anyone wondered the dollar ruble exchange rate .

Russia believes in China only for his stand
Taking the value of dollar exchange is is what wannabe economist to do compare to economy ,they lowered the value of ruble so that the amount of ruble the get for each barrale of oil remain the same ,I have already explained this .Since their export is very low and not very importance this can work and also make Russian industry more competant in both home and abroad .

Bahamut

I think you are completely misinformed sir.
Russian economy is completely based on exports of the products Petroleum and petroleum products, natural gas, metals, wood and wood products, chemicals, and arms industry.
On the contrary Indian economy is more geared towards on domestic consumption compared to Russia. India along with US, PRC, Germany and France (to certain extent) can sustain itself based on on domestic consumption.
Please don't mis-represent fact for your love of Putin and Russia.
I saw they latest figure and the share of oil and gas in GDP is about 12% while the share of IT is the nearly the same 10%(according to CBR).The sat you quote are from early 2000 ,it has changed a lot .

garg_bharat

Country flag
@Bahamut, Western financial institutions have always been able to manipulate currencies. This is a known fact.

Same happened with Ruble. The exchange rate of ruble does not reflect the true state of Russian economy.

However Russia allowed Ruble to float freely, and stopped defending it. The beneficial side effect has been that lower ruble killed high priced imports from Europe and gave a fillip to local brands.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles