Don’t preach: Media get it from Raj Thackeray

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Sep 9, 2012.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

I hope some of you guys at least Raj Thakrey's interview by Arnab Goswami in which he totally owned Arnab. Raj T made his points putting Arnab on the backfoot but Arnab was also graceful and charming. I would love too see and interview of Raj T by Karan Thapar and see him tamed... :)

Don’t preach: Media get it from Raj Thackeray

3. May be according to you ,

I found Him(Raj) a man simply incapable of any coherent discourse ,

Lacking even the most etiquette , He scowled throughout the interview and snapped at every question

He made high flying claims , but failed to give any evidence or any basis for them.

just exposing how prejudiced and self serving his thoughts are ,

Far from owning Arnab , Raj himself got owned by his own stupidity.

if i were a Raj Fan and with any sensibilities intact , I would be mortified with shame. Thank God i m not.

Simply disgraceful !

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  4. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

Why doesnt Raj Thackeray howl against the gujjus who dominate the mumbai skyline form their newly built towers ?? It is they who form the real danger to the marathi manoos rather than the hapless and poor migrants from UP and Bihar . Remember the gujjus once tried to grab Mumbai from Maharashtra .

Now wherever there is a redevelopment project of a chawl formerly inhabited by marathis a tower is built in place of the chawl and gujjus come to live there .

The migrants from UP and Bihar try to eke out an honest living in mumbai free from the injustices they face in their home states . But in no way they try to kick out the marathis .

And everyone knows that crime is a prerogative of the muslims not the bhaiyyas and Biharis---just look at the roster of the dons who have come out of mumbai .

I feel that Raj Thackeray felt the need to carve out a different niche for himself when he came out of the Shiv Sena as the anti muslim agenda had already been hijacked by the mother party---the shiv sena . So he took up the bhayya bihari issue .

I guess that he is afraid to challenge the money power of the real enemy of the marathi manoos the gujju---or do the gujjus even finance his party surreptitiously ??

5. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

That was a refreshing interview not for the quality of the interviewer or the interviewee, neither for the question nor their answers but simply for the fact that mad dog Arnab Goswami was tamed in his own frontyard. One could easily see the colours fly off from his face once Raj said "I have done nothing yet". This one interview is a collectors' edition, I'm sure.
    Out went the "Outrage" Man of the Nation, and in came the humble sheep. LOL, well done Raj Thackeray, for showing people like Arnab their place.

parijataka likes this.
  6. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

His diatribe is worth analysis!

One need not agree with him!

7. Yes it is , coz of plentiful of his even more conceited followers.

but the claim that he owned Arnab is difficult one to stomach,

though i m sure an army of sycophants around him, is singing exactly that, and it should be music to his ears

in My opinion it was Arnab who made a complete fool out of him .

8. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

What is this Inter State Migrant law he talks about?

Any one with any ideas?

THE INTER-STATE MIGRANT WORKMEN (REGULATION OF
    EMPLOYMENT AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE) ACT, 1979

What does it say in real terms?

9. Neil

Neil Senior Member Senior Member

whoa bro....dragging gujjus in the mess was uncalled for...

1st almost all the gujjus living in Mumbai are 2nd or 3rd generation very little migration of new ones....yes they still do come but not so much like northern states people....

so we occupy towers and destroy chawls we should be thrown out....what a logic...!! i stay in a tower made after destroying a chawl....and earlier tenants still live along side us... albeit smaller space than us but larger space than they could have even dreamed of so please when u dont understand redevelopment process dont spread crap...

so according to u a bihari makes an honest living but gujju doesnt.....?? yeah right...!!

instead of trying provoke a gujju vs marathi manoos debate which obviously tags u in the same league as RajT....try a differnt approach next time....

Sakal Gharelu Ustad likes this.
  10. blank_quest

blank_quest Senior Member Senior Member

11. ashdoc

i am not asking raj to target anybody .

but if he wants to target outsiders at all he should target the gujju not the north indian .

12. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

Wow, A lot more rant against gujjus there!

Anyway, a question for you- any non gujju, if he/ she have enough money and happy to pay for the new flats build in the place of the old chawls, can they buy it?

OR

The builders simply say no to them? Just bcz he/ she is not gujju and not allowed to have a flat there?

btw I am a Rajasthani and born in Mumbai so who knows may be in future, I may try to settle there.

13. ashdoc

in many places these gujjus build strictly vegetarian co-operative housing societies or even only jain co-operative societies with jain temple and all where marathis are not allowed because of their nonvegetarian habits---this is in their own land of maharashtra !!

14. Zebra

Non-veg Rajasthani allowed?

Can you buy a flat in any Parsi Colony, of course in your very own land of Maharashtra?

You are from Dadar isn't it? There is one if I am not wrong, Mancherji Joshi Parsi Colony.

15. ashdoc

yeah you can and many marathis live there .

16. Zebra

It is a news for me than.

I never saw any. Even not in the Andheri Parsi Colony.

btw, I was asking about this for my self........
    Non-veg Rajasthani allowed?

17. ashdoc

naah......

18. Zebra

btw, non Parsis are not allowed in Parsi Colonies. Non Parsis can't buy a house there.

Now ever you heard any Maharashtrian colony OR Maharashtra colony in Gujarat?

I can give you at-least three locations in Ahmedabad only.

All members are Maharashtrian there.

What say.....!

19. ashdoc

i have friends living in parsi colony in dadar---all hindu .

even bal thackeray used to live in parsi colony for a few years when his bunglow in bandra ( matoshree ) was under reconstruction .

all this allowing of outsiders to build ghettos in gujarat or maharashtra is wrong .

20. parijataka

First off all, I do not agree with Raj Thakrey's policies but I do agree with him on some things he said in the interview such as Pakistanis coming into UP from Nepal and BDs into Bihar. Secondly, Arnab came across as charming and graceful and he is one of the less obnoxious TV hosts IMO and Times Now not sold off as some other channels. But, it was Raj who held the upper hand.

Mumbai has borne the brunt of migration from South in the past and now North, however it is cosmopolitan for the very reason! People will move from one region to another in search of work and I dont think it is possible to restrict that.

21. parijataka

You can rent but you cant buy.