Donald Trump says US prepared to go it alone on North Korea nuclear threat

Flame Thrower

This is all your personal opinion which you failed to provide any hard evidence to support.

What I get here is a military protection treaty which was just renewed on 2001 and won’t be expired until 2021. And another news is that Chinese just moved 430,000 soldiers to the korea border, including 2 of their best armies 39 and 40.

Unless you can provide any evidence or news suggesting that Chinese is backing off from their military promise, your personal opinion will still be a personal guess.
On the contrary, I want chinese to participate in the war.

Bringing armies closer to the border can be used as pressure tactics too.

Like I said in my previous post, it is only a matter of time and who blinks first.

The imbalance was $347 billions in 2016 not $500b.
Yeah, I've taken Trump's words for granted. I shouldn't have done that.

Why won’t she? North korea is a critical part of Chinese national security, without North Korea as the buffer zone, they will have to confront American tanks themselves. From their point of view, that is a loss larger than any $500 billions.
Good point, but there is something you've over looked, if Chinese participate in US NK war, there are more chances that China will be defeated or rather humiliated, economically destroyed than saving NK and Kim from US.

If China didn't participate in War directly, other countries may get bold enough to challenge China in SCS, Japan may claim Diaoiu Islands...but there it ends(Tibet may raise some issues(which I doubt), but PRC can suppress them for sure)....

Note: The above will happen wether China attacks US forces or not.

If China participate directly in US NK war, it will be destroyed, if China doesn't then it'll get away with bruises.....it is as simple as that.

Regarding your point on US tanks entering Chinese border, US has to find a solid reason to go against second largest army and second largest economy. In my view US may never find a reason enough convince(after 2040 attacking Japan might not be good enough) Americans.

China will still be the secon largest(will become first, it is only a matter of time) economy, it can eat America from inside out, economically.

Putting this way, the imbalance between US and China will continue to shrink in the future when Chinese is adjusting her economic structure. So, in the next 10-20 years, the figure might become 200, 150, 100 and eventually close to zero. In the meantime, the strategic value of North korea will becomes bigger and bigger because the Sino-US confrontation will intensify in the near future.
Any reason why economic imbalance will reduce!!??

On contrary, the imbalance will only increase....why!!?? here is the reason....world is on cost cutting mode, and no other country is better than China when it comes to offering cheap goods.

10 yrs down the line food imports to China may go down and why...!!?? That food will be compensated from Pakistan(this is what I belive).

Sino US confrontation is very high and the flashpoint is always NK(as long as Chinese don't attack Japan), be it today or in near future.

Well, every decision comes with cost. So far, Chinese is still willing to pay this cost because they still think the value of keeping North Korea is still bigger than economic loss.

On the other hand, does American want to pay the price for invading a country thousands miles away? Yes, they can re-start their production in somewhere else, but first they have to write off all their assets in China, and then spend another 5 years to re-organize their supply chain, yes, a mission to replace 2,700 million Chinese workers is not a job can be done in 1-2 years. At the same time, they will find another difficulty: the same products produced from their former Chinese factories start to flood the whole world market with Chinese brand at lower price.

So, basically, Chinese loss will be less than you think while American loss will be bigger than you think.
On the contrary, it is not only about economic loss for waging war... it is also about eyeing petrolium reserves in the SCS after defeating China. It is also about proving America as world leader and throwing multi polar world concept in the dustbin. It is also about destroying your competition into ashes. America will also gain leverage on India by giving Aksai, PoK and sorting Tawang issue. It's more than what meets the eye. I'd rather say that America is using NK as bait to attack China, if PRC falls for it....China will be destroyed beyond repair. If China doesn't fall for this trap, China will be considered as inferior to US and it can give goodbye kiss to claims on SCS and Diayou Islands. Chinese are at loss on either cases, but if they suscced in stopping/postpone the invastion to 2040 then China will be declared as global power and a new world order will be in place(I doubt this will ever happen)

lcafanboy

Country flag
US navy strike group heads toward Korean peninsula
AFP/Washington
Filed on April 9, 2017

US Navy personnel prepare to launch an F18 fighter jet on the deck of USS Carl Vinson. Reuters file photo

The move will raise tensions in the region.

The US Navy said on Saturday it had sent a carrier-led strike group to the Korean peninsula in a show of force against North Korea's "reckless" nuclear weapons programme.

The move will raise tensions in the region and comes hard on the heels of a US missile strike on Syria that was widely interpreted as putting Pyongyang on warning over its refusal to abandon its nuclear ambitions.

North Korea denounced on Thursday's strike as an act of "intolerable aggression" and one that justified "a million times over" the North's push toward a credible nuclear deterrent.

"US Pacific Command ordered the Carl Vinson Strike Group north as a prudent measure to maintain readiness and presence in the Western Pacific," said Commander Dave Benham, spokesman at US Pacific Command.

"The number one threat in the region continues to be North Korea, due to its reckless, irresponsible and destabilizing program of missile tests and pursuit of a nuclear weapons capability," he told AFP, in an unusually forceful statement.

Originally scheduled to make port calls in Australia, the strike group - which includes the Nimitz-class aircraft supercarrier USS Carl Vinson - is now headed from Singapore to the Western Pacific Ocean.

Pyongyang is on a quest to develop a long-range missile capable of hitting the US mainland with a nuclear warhead, and has so far staged five nuclear tests, two of them last year.

Expert satellite imagery analysis suggests it could well be preparing for a sixth, with US intelligence officials warning that Pyongyang could be less than two years away from developing a nuclear warhead that could reach the continental United States.

North Korea on Wednesday fired a medium-range ballistic missile into the Sea of Japan ahead of a US-China summit.

In February the North simultaneously fired four ballistic missiles off its east coast, three of which fell provocatively close to Japan, in what it said was a drill for an attack on US bases in the neighbouring Asian country.

Last August Pyongyang also successfully test-fired a submarine-launched ballistic missile 500 kilometres towards Japan, far exceeding any previous sub-launched tests, in what the North's leader Kim Jong-Un hailed as the "greatest success."

A nuclear-capable SLBM system would take the North's threat to a new level, allowing deployment far beyond the Korean peninsula and a "second-strike" capability in the event of an attack on its army bases.

On Thursday and Friday, US President Donald Trump hosted his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping for talks during which he pressed Pyongyang's key ally to help curb the North's nuclear weapons program.

Trump has threatened unilateral action against the hermit state, a threat that appears more palpable after Thursday's strike on a Syrian airfield following an apparent chemical attack.

The head of North American Aerospace Defence Command, which provides missile detection for the region, said on Thursday she was "extremely confident" of US capability to intercept a potential intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) bound for America from the North.

But General Lori Robinson expressed concerns for the type of ballistic missile powered by a solid-fuel engine that Pyongyang said it successfully tested in February.

"Amidst an unprecedented pace of North Korean strategic weapons testing, our ability to provide actionable warning continues to diminish," Robinson said in written testimony to senators.

The isolated North is barred under UN resolutions from any use of ballistic missile technology.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/interna...vy-strike-group-heads-toward-korean-peninsula

@IndianHawk @Willy2 @roma @Krusty @Defcon 1 @Ghanteshwar @raheel besharam @raja696 @Amr @AnkitPurohit @Akshay_Fenix @aditya10r @airtel @aditya10r @ancientIndian @Bahamut @Berkut @Bornubus @Bengal_Tiger @ersakthivel @FRYCRY @Gessler @HariSud @hit&run @hardip @indiandefencefan @IndianHawk @JayPatel @Kshatriya87 @LETHALFORCE @Mikesingh @NavneetKundu @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @smestarz @SakalGhareluUstad @Srinivas_K @ShashankSharma @Superdefender @Screambowl @TacticalFrog

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Trump can only bully countries like North Korea. How about sending carrier strike groups to be permanently stationed in the South China Sea? That would piss off China and Trump doesn't want to do that, does he?

TheSeeker

What's the indication ? Meeting with xing ping did not go well ?

Or

Deal made with China whereby it agrees to allow US to remove the Noko guy and replace him with some one who will be under control? If that's true, China might have got a very good deal from Trump as a bargain.

Last edited:
Country flag
What's the indication ? Meeting with xing ping did not go well ?

Or

Deal made with China whereby it agrees to allow US to remove the Noko guy and replace him with some one who will be under control? If that's true, China might have got a very good deal from Trump as a bargain.
i don't think any of this is more than drama to take pressure of domestic issues.

no smoking

Country flag
On the contrary, I want chinese to participate in the war.

Bringing armies closer to the border can be used as pressure tactics too.

Or preparation for the incoming war……

Good point, but there is something you've over looked, if Chinese participate in US NK war, there are more chances that China will be defeated or rather humiliated, economically destroyed than saving NK and Kim from US.

Beating China in NK war? Maybe, but it won’t be an ease win. US can’t finish the war quickly without attacking Chinese homeland. But if US attacks China’s homeland, then she may risk the escalation of the war. And eventually this may lead to a nuclear war. Yes, there is no doubt that US can win a nuclear war against China. But the question is: at what price? 2 or 3 MT explosions above New York, Washington, or LA may be not a big deal to Americans, but why? Just because a freak is threatening Seoul, so American decides to protect it by risking New York?

Or American just thinks as you: Chinese leaders are cowards, they won’t dare! So, let’s do it!

Economically destroy China? US can’t do it alone unless she can get the whole world behind her. The questions are how she can manage to do that and with what price?

If China didn't participate in War directly, other countries may get bold enough to challenge China in SCS, Japan may claim Diaoiu Islands...but there it ends(Tibet may raise some issues(which I doubt), but PRC can suppress them for sure)....

Note: The above will happen wether China attacks US forces or not.

If China participate directly in US NK war, it will be destroyed, if China doesn't then it'll get away with bruises.....it is as simple as that.

There is no in Asia dares to fight China without the full military participation of Americans. So, you are actually arguing against yourselves: if China doesn’t join the war in Korea, then she will face another war in SCS against US; If she chickens out again, then there will further military challenge somewhere else supported by US. So, soon or later, China has to fight a war against US, either in Korea, or in SCS, or in Taiwan, or Diaoyu island. Among all these battlefields, which one do you think Chinese prefers? The answer is: Korea! At least here, the gap between her and US will be smallest.

Regarding your point on US tanks entering Chinese border, US has to find a solid reason to go against second largest army and second largest economy. In my view US may never find a reason enough convince(after 2040 attacking Japan might not be good enough) Americans.

They don’t need to invade, the simple fact of deploying their army outside Chinese doorway will give them enormous strategic advantage. Just think how uncomfortable you Indian people feels about Chinese army in Tibet, only hundreds miles away from your capital.

China will still be the secon largest(will become first, it is only a matter of time) economy, it can eat America from inside out, economically.
Well, there was one country share your idea, it turns out they were very very wrong. They were used to be second economy, now they are third economy and on the way to the forth now.

Any reason why economic imbalance will reduce!!??

On contrary, the imbalance will only increase....why!!?? here is the reason....world is on cost cutting mode, and no other country is better than China when it comes to offering cheap goods.

10 yrs down the line food imports to China may go down and why...!!?? That food will be compensated from Pakistan(this is what I belive).

Here is the news for you, Chinese production cost has been rising in the past 5-6 years. And they are moving some of their high pollution and lost margin industries to south eastern Asian or India. They are quitting out their world factory role.

On the contrary, it is not only about economic loss for waging war... it is also about eyeing petrolium reserves in the SCS after defeating China.

There is a news for you: the oil reserve in SCS won’t have any economic value until the oil price reach $120.

It is also about proving America as world leader and throwing multi polar world concept in the dustbin. It is also about destroying your competition into ashes. America will also gain leverage on India by giving Aksai, PoK and sorting Tawang issue. It's more than what meets the eye. I'd rather say that America is using NK as bait to attack China, if PRC falls for it....China will be destroyed beyond repair. If China doesn't fall for this trap, China will be considered as inferior to US and it can give goodbye kiss to claims on SCS and Diayou Islands. Chinese are at loss on either cases, but if they suscced in stopping/postpone the invastion to 2040 then China will be declared as global power and a new world order will be in place(I doubt this will ever happen)

Well, that is your thinking, not Chinese way of thinking.

The Chinese thinks:

1. Is there anyone believes I can beat US? Hardly no, so the worst of worse is I am defeated and suffer some economic losses. But there is no damage to me politically since no one expect me to win. But what if I win or I just hold the American attack like I did 60 years ago, what will people think, a fool to fight against the strongest or a power to respect?

2. What if I back off, will the American stop there and raise no more request? What if she continue to threat in SCS, should I back off again? What if she support Taiwan independence with military forces? Should I back off further? If I have to face her one day, why don’t I face her today?

3. Should I wait until 2040? Can I become a global power in 2040 if I give in so easily today? If I give in without a fight today, who can guarantee that Americans won’t come again and again before 2040? If I give up my promise so easily, is there anyone will trust me in any future deals? If no one trusts my commitment, how can I become a global power?

TheSeeker

South Korean Paper Reports China Has Deployed 150,000 Troops To North Korea Border

According to Korean news agency Chosun, the "Chinese army has deployed about 150,000 troops to the North Korean border in two groups to prepare for unforeseen circumstances." The reason: the prospect of "military options", such as preemptive attacks on North Korea, like the one the United States launched on Syria.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-airstrikes-support-amid-russia-china-chatter
We are about to see some fireworks in N Korea. And I think Trump and Xi are both doing it together.

"President Xi clearly understands," Tillerson clarified, "and I think agrees, that the situation has intensified and has reached a certain level of threat that action has to be taken," according to The Guardian.

Last edited:

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
21st May

Tillerson Urges North Korea to Stop 'Disturbing' Tests of Ballistic Missiles
20:52 21.05.2017
https://sputniknews.com/asia/201705211053838532-tillerson-us-north-korea-missile-tests/

22nd May

North Korea Successfully Launches Intermediate-Range Ballistic Missile

© Sputnik/ Iliya Pitalev
ASIA & PACIFIC
01:28 22.05.2017(updated 01:41 22.05.2017) Get short URL
North Korea announced it has successfully conducted a test launch of another intermediate-range ballistic missile.

© PHOTO: KCNA
North Korea Fires Unidentified Ballistic Missile – South Korean Military
MOSCOW (Sputnik) — North Korea successfully test fired a new intermediate-range ballistic missile, media reported Monday.

According to Yonhap news agency, citing the North Korean state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), the launch of ground-to-ground Pukguksong-2 missile was observed by the country's leader Kim Jong Un.

The technology applied in submarine-launched ballistic missiles was used in the launched missile, according to the same outlet.

The reports added that, Kim approved the deployment of the missile for action.

On Sunday, North Korea launched a ballistic missile, which reportedly flew some 500 kilometers (310 miles) before falling into the Sea of Japan short of reaching Japan’s exclusive economic zone. The launch was carried out in violation of the UN Security Council resolutions.

https://sputniknews.com/asia/201705221053841388-north-korea-successful-ballistic-missile-launch/

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
After Pyongyang's Missile Launch, Trump Signals He May Give Up on China’s Xi
23:27 04.07.2017(updated 23:45 04.07.2017)

The Trump administration, following what Washington officials are saying was North Korea’s first launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile, has suggested that Washington may go it alone on Pyongyang, unless China makes a “heavy move” toward disarming the isolated country.

Trump's Sunday night phone call with Chinese President Xi Jinping preceded the missile launch, and was cordial but blunt, according to the New York Times, as the US president warned that the White House would act alone, if need be, to stop Pyongyang's ballistic missile and nuclear weapons program.

The announcement of Washington's willingness to act alone is seen as a clear indication that any honeymoon between Trump's administration and Beijing is over, as the US has recently completed a large sale of weapons to Taiwan, threatened Beijing with trade sanctions, and accused China of widespread human trafficking.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201707041055231589-trump-signals-us-go-solo/

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Americans are making their intentions clear, and slowly tightening the screws.
=========
BREAKING: US and Japan fire missiles into the Sea of Japan as part of a training exercise one day after North Korea's first ICBM test.

Vayuputra

Country flag
North Korea have 25 trillion worth rare earth minerals. That's why U.S is eager to give democracy to koreans. One must know that north and south koreans both share same DNA and lineage. It will do good to both if they reconcile between themselves and put U.S at bay.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
North Korea have 25 trillion worth rare earth minerals. That's why U.S is eager to give democracy to koreans. One must know that north and south koreans both share same DNA and lineage. It will do good to both if they reconcile between themselves and put U.S at bay.
Rare minerals? 25 trillion? Do you have any source?

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
Lineage doesn't do a jack squat.
See our green neighbors,they share our DNA and ummah lineage yet eat grass and think of global jihad.
Same with Korea.Handful top elites call the shots.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

sorcerer

Country flag
Rare minerals? 25 trillion? Do you have any source?
Mining in North Korea is important to the country's economy. North Korea is naturally abundant in metals such as magnesite, zinc, tungsten, and iron; with magnesite resources of 6 billion tonnes (second largest in the world), particularly in the Hamgyeong-do and Jagang-do provinces. However, often these cannot be mined due to the acute shortage of electricity in the country, as well as the lack of proper tools to mine these materials and an antiquated industrial base.[1] Coal, iron ore, limestone, and magnesite deposits are larger than other mineral commodities. Mining joint ventures with other countries include China, Canada, Egypt, and South Korea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining_in_North_Korea

Well!! USA has its bearing rights on NoKo.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Trump can only bully countries like North Korea. How about sending carrier strike groups to be permanently stationed in the South China Sea? That would piss off China and Trump doesn't want to do that, does he?
Trump isn't interested in hitting China.

China is the largest economic partner and debt holder of USA.

Technically, we should be at least in a position to make them give up our territory back to us but we aren't able to do that.

North Korea is just a disposable trash bag for the Chinese. One NK loses its importance, China will simply toss them away; the same what is going to happen to Pakistan very soon.

Trump is also not going to invade NK. It will ruin the entire Korean peninsula.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
North Koreans want to join South Korea.

But their leadership has kept them so decrepit and poor that they cannot even open their mouths.

If Korean peninsula unites and Japan stops taking orders from Washington, then a lot of problems in Asia would be sorted out.

no smoking

Country flag
North Korea is just a disposable trash bag for the Chinese. One NK loses its importance, China will simply toss them away; the same what is going to happen to Pakistan very soon.
How? North Korea's strategic value to China comes from her geographic position--Serving as a buffer zone to any invasion from the sea. Unless GOD can move North Korea away from Chinese border, she will be valuable forever.
Same goes with Pakistan: as long as India is here and strong, Chinese will always need Pakistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles