Donald Trump calls for ban on all Muslims entering U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by saty, Dec 8, 2015.

1. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. -- Donald Trump called Monday for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States," an idea swiftly condemned by his rival GOP candidates for president and other Republicans.

The proposed ban would apply to immigrants and visitors alike, a sweeping prohibition affecting all adherents of Islam who want to come to the U.S. The idea faced an immediate challenge to its legality and feasibility from experts who could point to no formal exclusion of immigrants based on religion in America's history.

Trump's campaign said in a statement such a ban should stand "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." It said the proposal comes in response to a level of hatred among "large segments of the Muslim population" toward Americans.

"Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life," Trump said in the statement.

At an evening rally in South Carolina, Trump supporters cheered and shouted in support as he read his statement. Trump warned during his speech that without drastic action, the threat of attacks is "going to get worse and worse."

"As he says, we have to find out who they are and why they are here," Rod Weader, a 68-year-old real estate agent from North Charleston who attended the rally and said he agreed with Trump's plan "150 per cent." "Like he said, they are going to kill us and we've got to stop it."

Since the Paris attacks, a number of Republican presidential contenders have proposed restrictions on Syrian refugees -- with several suggesting preference for Christians seeking asylum -- and tighter surveillance in the U.S.

But Trump's proposed ban goes much further than those ideas, and his Republican rivals were quick to reject the latest provocation from a candidate who has delivered no shortage of them.

"Donald Trump is unhinged," Jeb Bush said via Twitter. "His 'policy' proposals are not serious."

John Kasich slammed Trump's "outrageous divisiveness," while a more measured Ted Cruz, who has always been cautious about upsetting Trump's supporters, said, "Well, that is not my policy."

Trump's proposal comes a day after President Barack Obama spoke to the nation from the Oval Office about the shootings in San Bernardino, California, which Obama said was "an act of terrorism designed to kill innocent people."

The FBI said Monday the Muslim couple who carried out the massacre had been radicalized and had taken target practice at area gun ranges, in one case within days of the attack last week that killed 14 people.

Trump's campaign has been marked by a pattern of inflammatory statements, dating back to his harsh rhetoric about Mexican immigrants. He has taken a particularly hard line against Muslims in the days since the Paris attacks, advocating enhanced surveillance of mosques due to fears over radicalization.

Donald Trump sounds more like a leader of a lynch mob than a great nation like ours," said Nihad Awad, national executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. "He and others are playing into the hands of ISIS. This is exactly what ISIS wants from Americans: to turn against each other."

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/12/07/donald-trump-calls-for-ban-on-muslims-entering-us

It is like MODI says in public speech ''I will deport all muslims to pakistan'' if people vote me. :D
    This is why I always supports Mericans!.

rohit.gr77, asingh10 and Mad Indian like this.
  3. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

4. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Meanwhile back home, BJPigs are busy abusing their supporters in twitter. Put that into perspective

DingDong likes this.
  5. Scarface

Scarface Regular Member

Can't Stump the Trump

He may be a bit extreme but it's certain he wants what's best for his country even if he may be misguided.

raja696 and maomao like this.
  6. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

He should be more subtle about his views. These things should be part of his policy when he gets elected and not part of the speech. Such extreme views have very few takers.

parijataka likes this.
  7. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

I am not sure. A lot of people hide their views because of the fear about being branded nazi. When a mainstream politician says it out loud, it makes it mainstream.

raja696, maomao, saty and 1 other person like this.
  8. Immanuel

Immanuel Senior Member Senior Member

If they ban any one coming from Pak including their poltical beggars that's already more than enough.

maomao likes this.
  9. alphacentury

alphacentury Regular Member

According to Obama, this is a woman

[​IMG]

but these are not muslims.

[​IMG]

10. Mad Indian

I don't be surprised if trump becomes the next President. It will be interesting if he can deal with the deep state and actually deliver

raja696 likes this.
  11. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Violence begets violence, intolerance begets intolerance. It took too long that Islam did not face any backlash, now it is changing.

But Trump becoming a President is difficult unless all Whites vote for him.

raja696, OneGrimPilgrim and maomao like this.
  12. Mad Indian

USA has started having the same problem India is having, too many traitors.

And the welfare state expansion has caused irreversible damage to the demographics - support welfare and lose white votes, oppose welfare and lose immigrant/black/Mexican votes.

I think even if the USA wants, it will be difficult to push the anti Muslim legislation it desperately needs.

India at least has a chance to get united under a common Hindu umbrella, in the future, provided we get rid of chaddiwallahs. But the same is not true for USA it seems. Interesting times ahead.

13. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

US won't face demographic damage it will stay hot destination for immigrants another 60+ years.

Never underestimate Americans.They are always 30 yrs ahead of all other countries.Because of them Islam become hot topic in every media and in every country/discussion.What America doing/demonizing to islam&Muslims in the last 14 years (we suffered 3-800yrs) was WOW simply WOW!.

BTW thanks to our Culture/Yoga/Soft-power/NRI's we are safe.Just buy some popcorn Islam will get same fate as Nazism&Maoism. :D

raja696 and maomao like this.
  14. I_PLAY_BAD

I_PLAY_BAD Regular Member

According to intellectual Azaduddin Owaisi the population of Hindus and Muslims will be same in 2150.

maomao likes this.
  15. Mad Indian

Nazis and commies were overt enemies of USA dude. But Islam is not an overt enemy. It is a poisonous enemy which works by subversion and falsehood. There are several in Islam who play taqqiya to prevent the majority Americans from recognising what kind of evil it is.

So no, USA won't be able to fight Islam, specially when the biggest chutiyas of Islam are its biggest allies- KSA and Turkey.

Btw, Read the latest niti central(supposed right wing) article on it. It is claiming that Muslims are not enemy but Islam is and why trump is wrong. and these are the clowns who can deliver us from Islam? Really? I thought only RSS sucks. It seems most of the Hindu rw are suckers, as of now :(

raja696 and parijataka like this.
  16. Mad Indian

Nah, I am pretty sure Muslims will face music by 2050-60, with current RSS clowns as rw or even before that, by 2040s if we get a proper RW party. By 2100, the Muslim pop will be reduced to single % points in India. Don't think everyone hindu is spinless and shameless like bjp/RSS clowns.

17. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Republicans are not Right Wing ??????

OneGrimPilgrim and Sylex21 like this.
  18. I_PLAY_BAD

I_PLAY_BAD Regular Member

Ain't gonna happen until people's voting pattern changes.
    For a proper right wing party to emerge people must constantly support BJP now. Only if Hindu nationalism is given importance more talent and thoughts will pour into it in national theater.
    Take Bihar elections as an example to substantiate my point.

19. Hari Sud

Hari Sud Senior Member Senior Member

Donald Trump is reacting to the prevailing circumstances especially after the California massacre.

What would you do, when well meaning Muslim can so easily be converted to Jehadism with a promise of great life in paradise waiting them? That is what happened to the California couple.

I would do something to prevent the entry of Jehadism minded person into US and Canada. I would shunt out all those Mullahs spreading the word of God with dubious future promise. All Mullahs coming to US and the one already in the country be thoroughly accredited before entry or shunted out.

I am for stricter measures today then cry later.

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  20. asingh10

asingh10 Senior Member Senior Member

There is global rise of right wing happening right now. Identity is the primary truth of politics anywhere. It'll come to forefront every time. Those who claim religion and nationality are irrelevant are either just gullible or like the Cat from Panchatantra tales who claims to be a vegetarian to befriend the birds.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  21. asingh10

asingh10 Senior Member Senior Member

BTW it's interesting that America is overflowing with "Islamophobia" even though Muslims are less than 1%. 2012 elections, some Republican presidential candidates called for greater scrutiny of Muslims and profiling as well. Previous president George Bush said that God commanded him in his dreams to bombard Iraq as a part of a divine mission.

.....And their government offers Hindus advice on tolerance, secularism every time some random BJP MLA or fringe Hindu group says something.