Dog saves own life by dialling emergency

pmaitra

Dog saves own life by dialling emergency

PTI | Mar 29, 2012, 06.09AM IST
Source: Times of India

LONDON: Who said animals are stupid and do not use their brains? For a dog in UK proved to be alert and sharp, saving his own life by dialling emergency services.

After George, the two-year old Basset Hound in West Yorkshire, got so tangled in a phone cord that he began choking, the frantic pup somehow managed to alert the Emergency Services by dialling 999, the Sun reports.

Concerned by the heavy breathing on the other end, the emergency operator dispatched police to the home, thinking that someone had collapsed or been attacked. George's owners weren't home, but as the police were preparing to smash down the door, a neighbour, Paul Walker , ran out with a key to let the police into the house.

As the police were searching the house, the neighbour walked into the living room and found terrified George choking with a phone lead wound tightly round his neck, the report said. Paul ripped the phone apart to wrench the wire from George's throat.

Link: Dog saves own life by dialling emergency - The Times of India

GUNS-N- ROSES

lol, i guess every dog has its day.

i wish my dog was smart, he invariably wants a piece from my pizza and refuses his pedigree food

Global Defence

New threads

Articles