Does Taiwan need nuclear weapons?

keshtopatel

No it does not. Where does it say that? MTCR is only a means to prevent WMD itself. Selling of nukes is not a violation of MTCR but NPT.

If MTCR (with your own words) disallow 450 Kg nuclear device mated to missile - what does it prove?

That it prohibits nuclear warhead export along with long range delivery or short range (290) platforms.

Plain and simple!

Where does it say that?
You have said it!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
MTCR does not say anything about allowing or disallowing a particular size of nuclear warhead..its just a warhead which could be conventional. Once again MTCR does not prohibit sale of nukes, that is a violation of NPT (by those who are signatories). MTCR as such does not say that. It talks about delivery systems namely missiles and a cap on its range.

keshtopatel

MTCR does not say anything about allowing or disallowing a particular size of nuclear warhead..its just a warhead which could be conventional. Once again MTCR does not prohibit sale of nukes, that is a violation of NPT (by those who are signatories). MTCR as such does not say that. It talks about delivery systems namely missiles and a cap on its range.
But here is Senior Yousef saying it with his full cognisance in the following:
Negative. You cannot sell nukes.. Period. Sell all the missiles you want under 300kms range.
And I trust your dialogue, should not I ¿¿¿¿¿¿

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
But here is Senior Yousef saying it with his full cognisance in the following:

And I trust your dialogue, should not I ¿¿¿¿¿¿
And i have absolutely no clue as to what you mean with that.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The Missile Technology Control Regime

The Missile Technology Control Regime is an informal and voluntary association of countries which share the goals of non-proliferation of unmanned delivery systems capable of delivering weapons of mass destruction, and which seek to coordinate national export licensing efforts aimed at preventing their proliferation. The MTCR was originally established in 1987 by Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States. Since that time, the number of MTCR partners has increased to a total of thirty-four countries, all of which have equal standing within the Regime.

The MTCR was initiated partly in response to the increasing proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), i.e., nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. The risk of proliferation of WMD is well recognized as a threat to international peace and security, including by the UN Security Council in its Summit Meeting Declaration of January 31, 1992. While concern has traditionally focussed on state proliferators, after the tragic events of 11 September 2001, it became evident that more also has to be done to decrease the risk of WMD delivery systems falling into the hands of terrorist groups and individuals. One way to counter this threat is to maintain vigilance over the transfer of missile equipment, material, and related technologies usable for systems capable of delivering WMD.

The MTCR rests on adherence to common export policy guidelines (the MTCR Guidelines) applied to an integral common list of controlled items (the MTCR Equipment, Software and Technology Annex). All MTCR decisions are taken by consensus, and MTCR partners regularly exchange information about relevant national export licensing issues.

National export licensing measures on these technologies make the task of countries seeking to achieve capability to acquire and produce unmanned means of WMD delivery much more difficult. As a result, many countries, including all MTCR partners, have chosen voluntarily to introduce export licensing measures on rocket and other unmanned air vehicle delivery systems or related equipment, material and technology.
Missile Technology Control Regime

keshtopatel

The Missile Technology Control Regime

The Missile Technology Control Regime is an informal and voluntary association of countries which share the goals of non-proliferation of unmanned delivery systems capable of delivering weapons of mass destruction, and which seek to coordinate national export licensing efforts aimed at preventing their proliferation. The MTCR was originally established in 1987 by Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States. Since that time, the number of MTCR partners has increased to a total of thirty-four countries, all of which have equal standing within the Regime.

The MTCR was initiated partly in response to the increasing proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), i.e., nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. The risk of proliferation of WMD is well recognized as a threat to international peace and security, including by the UN Security Council in its Summit Meeting Declaration of January 31, 1992. While concern has traditionally focussed on state proliferators, after the tragic events of 11 September 2001, it became evident that more also has to be done to decrease the risk of WMD delivery systems falling into the hands of terrorist groups and individuals. One way to counter this threat is to maintain vigilance over the transfer of missile equipment, material, and related technologies usable for systems capable of delivering WMD.

The MTCR rests on adherence to common export policy guidelines (the MTCR Guidelines) applied to an integral common list of controlled items (the MTCR Equipment, Software and Technology Annex). All MTCR decisions are taken by consensus, and MTCR partners regularly exchange information about relevant national export licensing issues.

National export licensing measures on these technologies make the task of countries seeking to achieve capability to acquire and produce unmanned means of WMD delivery much more difficult. As a result, many countries, including all MTCR partners, have chosen voluntarily to introduce export licensing measures on rocket and other unmanned air vehicle delivery systems or related equipment, material and technology.
Missile Technology Control Regime
You are quoting my own given link to you, which clearly says:

The Missile Technology Control Regime is an informal and voluntary association of countries which share the goals of non-proliferation of unmanned delivery systems capable of delivering weapons of mass destruction, and which seek to coordinate national export licensing efforts aimed at preventing their proliferation.
The MTCR was initiated partly in response to the increasing proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), i.e., nuclear, chemical and biological weapons
And you are saying here, subsequent to that link provided by me to you:

Negative. You cannot sell nukes.. Period. Sell all the missiles you want under 300kms range.
What does it show?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
MTCR prohibits nuke warheads in your own language:

Above is very lucid!
You are putting words in my mouth. I never said that. Its you who says MTCR prohibits selling of nukes.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You are making an absolute fool of yourself by shifting tracks at your whims. I never said MTCR prohibits sale of nukes, you did and then you are trying to prove the exact opposite. All you are doing is running around in circles and running yourself silly. Have a good nights sleep mate.

keshtopatel

I never said that
You said it!

Post #78

This is my last post on this to you - there are forumites here in the form of jury, let them judge you and me on merit!

End of this dialogue!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Oh thank you very much. There are a couple of messages already with me laughing themselves silly at your arguments. I would rather respect my fellow mods advice of not derailing the thread any further on an absolutely silly presumption.

Global Defence

Articles