Does Narendra Modi want to keep India Congress-mukt till 2040?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Zebra, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/d...40-2859558.html?utm_source=FP_CAT_LATEST_NEWS

Does Narendra Modi want to keep India Congress-mukt till 2040?

Sanjay Singh Jun 28, 2016

How long does Narendra Modi think BJP will rule the country? "2040," he said, in his interview with Arnab Goswami of Times Now and it could be read as plain humour or far-fetched hypotheticals to make a point. However, Modi's words, tone and tenor didn't particularly indicate that he was joking.

Answering a question on how the Congress was behaving, causing a non-stop logjam in Rajya Sabha were substantially higher than the BJP, he was in full bloom with all the seriousness that he is usually known for. First, Modi sought to differentiate between the Congress and rest of the Opposition and then drive home at a different point. “There are some parties in the Parliament which are not with the BJP or NDA, but are with the government on key decisions. So, to defame the Opposition by saying that all opposition parties are against us — when some people do this, it is wrong. There is one party which has problems. And the whole world knows that party.”

Second, he termed Congress' argument against BJP: 'when you (BJP) were in Opposition, you did it this way', as fallacious. The Congress has run the government for 60 years and now they are in the Opposition, so they know the nitty-gritties of the government. They ought to know their responsibilities. They can't behave in the way, a new Opposition party behaves. A party which hasn't been in power or hasn't seen anything, could behave in this way. For example, we are in power now, and consider in 2040 we become the Opposition party. So, in 2040 we can't have the same conduct as the one we had in 2009 or 2010.”

In 2009-10 BJP acted as an irresponsible opposition, charging Congress led UPA government at everything, opposing just for the sake of opposing. Modi is talking about the future scenario when BJP could be in opposition in 2040, another 24 years from now. A die hard optimist like him could think just as the Congress has a virtually uninterrupted reign (barring 1977-79) in post-independence era for five decades, he too can have a go for another four-five terms. Modi is currently 65 and by 2040, he would be 89, a fair-bit older than the age at which Manmohan Singh demitted office in 2014.

There are two ways to look at the mention of 2040 for BJP to be mature in opposition – first as Modi’s humorous side; second, his internal belief that he as the first prime minister with an absolute majority in last 30 years, he should be there for another 30 years. No wonder why Modi's confidante and BJP president Amit Shah is focusing in party’s expansion in coastal region states and eastern India.

And, even if it is just humour, it is interesting, Modi came across as someone human — someone who could crack a joke and laugh at it — this was one of the most talked about features of the episode. “I have a humourous side but these days humour can be a risky thing. In this era of 24x7 news channels, anybody can lift a small word and make a big issue out of it. But I will tell you the truth, the reason for the absence of humour in public life is this fear. I am myself scared. Earlier when I used to make speeches, I would make it so humorous but there would never be any issues,” he said.

To a query about whether the prime minister has become self-aware, he said: “I am not conscious. I am in fear, there is no humour left in public life because of this fear. Everyone is scared. I see it in Parliament, that humour is finished there too. It is a matter of concern. Even if you quote a proverb, they will connect it with something else and begin a conversation. The one who is saying the proverb does not know for what he is speaking.”

Modi took the 85-minute interview as a platform to explain as to why he toured abroad in the first two years in office: “The world didn't know me. The world wants to know who the head of the state is. If someone would want to know Modi through the eyes of the media, then he would get confused as to what Modi stands for, which one is real Modi. If this were to happen, the country will be at a loss. Modi's personality shouldn't be a hindrance for the world to have faith in India. But for that unless I meet all those leaders and engage them, one to one, unless I speak to them frankly, they wouldn't know about india's head of state, so it was very important for me as I am not from a political family. I never had the opportunity to meet the world leaders earlier…More than foreign policy it was foreign relations. Yes, I was new to it. So for me, it was necessary to be pro active," he said.

To constant criticism that India’s foreign policy was being built around his persona, by his whims and being guided by his emerging personal relations with world leaders, Modi described at length that it was not him alone but his team at work in the government, “We work as a team. Foreign ministry, Prime Minister's Office, commerce ministry, finance ministry, defence minister, everyone works as a team, not as separate pieces. The impact that is now visible, is not just because of Modi, it is because of the team. All teams work in a particular direction. That is why the impact is seen, earlier these teams were splintered. We have seen instances (UPA) where the party would give a statement, the prime minister would say something else, party leaders would say something else. This disunity has had a negative impact,” he said.

3. Zebra

" Congress-mukt India " is the biggest fraud with people of India.

And I already talked about it on DFI, in past.

4. armyofhind

armyofhind Regular Member

how is it a fraud? explain please.

5. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

NaMo is too confident. Sometimes it bites back.

abingdonboy likes this.
  6. Zebra

OK, we are talking about Congress-mukt India.

For that matter first of all lets clear it --> what is congress party of India....?

Answer is, congress is a way of thinking.
    Congress is a mindset, an ideology.

One can't kill it, that is fact.

Second, check this video............. (little part @ %:37 and in detail @ 10:24)..................

So the point is, it was congress party's idea to stay out of the power game and forcefully push India towards totalitarian regime.

And they were promoting Kejriwal for that matter.

But now our super duper Modi has replaced Kejriwal here.

Modi will execute that plan. For that matter joined SCO also.

He can fool people that support me in return I will keep congress out of power.

But in reality, Modi himself works as a pawn of congress.

He himself following congress party's foot prints in India.

If congress is not in power, then also Modi will make sure, that congress way of thinking get looked after.

On top of it, let me tell you, entire drama of joining SCO , right at time of NSG, was part of that bipartisan game plane.

And Congress mukt India is the biggest fraud with people of India.

Modi is using different tactics to convince different people, that whatever he is doing is all right for India.

But at the end, people of India gonna loose their freedom.

7. Bharat Ek Khoj

Bharat Ek Khoj Senior Member Senior Member

What a load of cr*p, do you seriously believe what you just posted ?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    raja696 and Kshatriya87 like this.
  8. Berkut

Berkut Regular Member

@Zebra "people of India will loose their freedom" ... Not sure what you mean by that? In my humble opinion people of India tasted freedom for the first time after Modi won a majority in 2014.... "Congress is an ideology"... yes an ideology of running India as a kingdom under the Gandhi dynasty with Rahul as the crown prince...

9. I_PLAY_BAD

I_PLAY_BAD Regular Member

I don't understand why a Chinese citizen is opening a thread to discuss India's internal affairs.

10. armyofhind

armyofhind Regular Member

Do you really believe whatever you just posted? Or do you just post whatever comes to your mind in your delusions?

Congress is an ideology.. sure enough it is..
    it is an ideology of keeping the poor like they are.. so that they never rise and can be oppressed forever..
    and look who is at the helm of Congress?
    Pappu..I don't know about you.. but majority of the youth is fairly irritated by him..

In the past 2 years that BJP has been in power.. the government has exceeded all figures as far as development of infrastructure is concerned..
    majority of public works are now online..

The economy has never shown such promising factors..
    and you say that the Indian people will lose their freedom and that Modi is working for Congress?
    Dream on Child.

raja696 likes this.
  11. Brood Father

Brood Father Regular Member

Actually if you heard the interview , 2040 was just an anology given to counter the congress government's argument of disruption of parliament by BJP as opposition when they were in power
    Modi just stated that if we will rule till 2040 (similar to congress 60 years) , we will know the nitty gritty how government works and then maybe BJP will not do disruptions of parliament like it did during UPA2 regime

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  12. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    why wait sooo long?! a special slot at the feet of sultan-e-dilli is always vacant for the special Modi-Modi. the all-knowing yugpurush guru 'sir ji' will teach him all the nitty-gritties of pol-admin work which he grasped after doing tapasya watching movies & hanging off alleged farmer, & is doing so ably in the sultanate & far beyond. Modiji bhi na, bas!....

Brood Father likes this.
  13. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

Did you even understand the video? It has nothing to do with what you wrote.