Does Modi need protection from SPG?

Vishwarupa

Country flag

Considering his image & recent bomb blast in Patna, should Home Ministry amend the current SPG act & bring Modi security under SPG.

Recently Subramanya Swamy had requested GOI to assign SPG Unit for Modi security but later was rejected by Home minister Shinde without even discussing in cabinet.

I am sure that ISI, IM & other terrorist outfits are against Modi & wants to kill him.

If Robert Vadra is given SPG protection why cant Modi be give the protection & moreover he is nominated as PM candidate by principle opposition party.

Please discuss.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
If Modi can't have SPG cover, so shouldn't the Gandhis - Rediff.com News

There has been a raging debate over security cover for BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and the Sunday's blasts in Patna have made this a talking point.

Even as Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde maintains that Modi doesn't necessarily need Special Protection Group cover, he would need to answer why the government amended the SPG Act two years back to extend the security cover for Sonia and her family members.

That the Centre has resisted from deploying SPG cover for Modi, who has been on the top of the hit list of every terrorist outfit, has prompted some to believe that there could be politics at play here.

For starters, the SPG Act was brought into force after former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's assassination. It states that SPG cover shall be given to prime ministers, former prime ministers and their near family members.

The Act further states that in the case of SPG cover is given to family members, the same shall cease to exist after the completion of 10 years.

The home ministry issued an order recently extending the SPG cover for Sonia Gandhi and her family for another 5 years.

This was done despite the Act clearly stating that the extension of an SPG cover can be granted only for a year and then onwards it needs to be reviewed periodically. However, the order regarding Sonia stated that the cover is being extended for another five years and the same had been extended to her son and daughter.

Further, it also put Robert Vadra and his two children under Delhi Police commando security for another five years.

If one were to go by the rules, it is clear that the security cover under the SPG ought to have ended for the Congress president in 1999. She was accorded that security in 1989 as her late husband was a prime minister. However, the act was amended for her as it was felt that the threat perception was extremely high.

Former Chief of the Research and Analysis Wing, C D Sahay points out that there should be no politics where security is concerned.

"I was watching the preparations being made during the recent Rahul Gandhi rally at New Delhi. I saw Chief Minister Sheila Dixit personally inspecting the venue. I do not know if she inspected the venue in her capacity as a chief minister or as a party worker, but the fact was that the security was good and the even passed off without any glitch.

Now was there an inspection by the chief minister at Bihar?"

"While it may be expecting too much from a political opponent to inspect the venue, politics should never come into play when it comes to security. The local police had to comb the area and sanitise it and this ought to have been done irrespective of an intelligence alert of not," Sahay points out.

According to security experts, even if any leader has Z plus security or is under the SPG, the state police is the one which has to do the combing operation of the venue where the leader is supposed to visit.

Both Z plus and SPG provide only body cover for the leader in question, but under no circumstance does it comb an area.

An Intelligence Bureau official, while speaking about the intelligence inputs regarding the Modi event in Patna, said: "If they want the central team to do the entire job then we need 2 lakh men on the job and if this is provided then we can collect intelligence at the village levels too. Now if the Centre decides to provide 2 lakh men and all of them are on the job, then it is the very same state government which will complain of being too intrusive."

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/more...h-hours-after-patna-serial-blasts-109014.html
Country men ,

This is the fool proof security arrangement our hon'ble Home Minister (endorsed by not so Hon'ble (what is his portfolio) Salman kurshid) is thinking about to give Modi on the face new terror threats!!

After reading the recent news item that by blasing out "Britney Spears songs so loudly " the ocean liners are warding of piracy in indian ocean (courtesy our great Times Of india) our Home minister has decided that terrorist will be stunned and follow gandhian path of non viloence after seeing kankana ranaut's beautiful face.

Since such fool proof security is already provided there is no reason for Modi to fear for his life.

that is what our gentle man Shinde has meant by saying that we have already given enough security for modi.

Well our past PMs like Narashima Rao ana Vajpayee who gave security to the Sonia family are bloody fools according to our ever so hon'ble Home minister!!!!!!

No wonder the Sonia congress is bending over backwards to erase the name of P.V. Narashima Rao who gave security for Sonia's family even though she was not in politics and not concerned with any of the decisions of the govt!!!!!

Such a magnanimous amount of gratitude shown by today's congress for P.V .Narashima Rao for giving us a free dynasty to rule over a free country safe guarded by free media(doubly paid doubly secure, so no worry like Godrej locks!!!!) under an even freer democracy where vote pulling is enshrined by dolling out mega welfare schemes on the fourth year of every term!!!!!!!!

I wonder whether the actress in question approves of this arrangement though!!

What a nice security drill on a bomb blast day!!! An example for the whole world to follow!!!!

enjoy!!!!!!

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
^^ Who does not want to stand beside a Hot actress, Shindey didn't want to miss the chance, (Patna should go to hell I'll go to Kangna) :D?

JBH22

^^ Who does not want to stand beside a Hot actress, Shindey didn't want to miss the chance, (Patna should go to hell I'll go to Kangna) :D?
Kangna ke saath thumka

on serious note modi has 108 NSG protecting him

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Given that the way Modi has been demonised & many are totally hostile, there is a serious threat to his life.

Compared to the Gandhis, who really have no real openly professed threat, Modi does have openly professed threat.

If a non entity scrap dealer Vadra is SPG protected, then anyone should get SPG protection.

Decklander

Shinde is a buddhist by religion but normal maharashtrian shinde are from backward caste. Our HM conveniently moves from being a backward leader to that of a Buddhist.

Decklander

Given that the way Modi has been demonised & many are totally hostile, there is a serious threat to his life.

Compared to the Gandhis, who really have no real openly professed threat, Modi does have openly professed threat.

If a non entity scrap dealer Vadra is SPG protected, then anyone should get SPG protection.
Sir every citizen of nation shud have protection equal to that of SPG protactee. We pay taxes and from our money these guys are paid.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Shinde is a buddhist by religion but normal maharashtrian shinde are from backward caste. Our HM conveniently moves from being a backward leader to that of a Buddhist.
I think he is a Mahar.

If so, he could be a neo Buddhist.

Decklander

I think he is a Mahar.

If so, he could be a neo Buddhist.
Sir, I am very accurate in my post. He is a Buddhist. Even Ambedkar - the cheat was a Buddhist. can you believe that after fighting for so called dalits of India, Ambedkar lost his LS seat and was nominated to RS by Khangrass? It was bcoz dalits realised that he was a third rate cheat.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ilkumar-Shinde-says/movie-review/24122670.cms
These guys have fooled the backwards by retaining their surnames to get votes while they converted to other religions longback. Even the big fight between tribals in Orissa and among christian convert tribals is for this reason.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Mahar names ended with 'Nak'.

Kamble is a common name amongst them.

They have kept evolving their surname to include acquiring Maratha names, e.g. Shinde.

Nowadays, they have even adopted Brahmin names.

I had a long discussion with Mr Gawai of the RPI.

He was very honest about it. He said that the ones who actually gained by the reservations, were the ones who had used it first and benefitted, wherein their children were better educated & so, they got all the seats reserved for Sc.

Last edited:

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag

Sushil Kumar Shinde Attends Music Launch, Hours After Patna Serial Blasts | More From India | www.indiatimes.com
Country men ,

This is the fool proof security arrangement our hon'ble Home Minister (endorsed by not so Hon'ble (what is his portfolio) Salman kurshid) is thinking about to give Modi on the face new terror threats!!

After reading the recent news item that by blasing out "Britney Spears songs so loudly " the ocean liners are warding of piracy in indian ocean (courtesy our great Times Of india) our Home minister has decided that terrorist will be stunned and follow gandhian path of non viloence after seeing kankana ranaut's beautiful face.

Since such fool proof security is already provided there is no reason for Modi to fear for his life.

that is what our gentle man Shinde has meant by saying that we have already given enough security for modi.

Well our past PMs like Narashima Rao ana Vajpayee who gave security to the Sonia family are bloody fools according to our ever so hon'ble Home minister!!!!!!

No wonder the Sonia congress is bending over backwards to erase the name of P.V. Narashima Rao who gave security for Sonia's family even though she was not in politics and not concerned with any of the decisions of the govt!!!!!

Such a magnanimous amount of gratitude shown by today's congress for P.V .Narashima Rao for giving us a free dynasty to rule over a free country safe guarded by free media(doubly paid doubly secure, so no worry like Godrej locks!!!!) under an even freer democracy where vote pulling is enshrined by dolling out mega welfare schemes on the fourth year of every term!!!!!!!!

I wonder whether the actress in question approves of this arrangement though!!

What a nice security drill on a bomb blast day!!! An example for the whole world to follow!!!!

enjoy!!!!!!
Look at this idiot, he doesn't even care about his country and enjoying Kangna's company like he's gonna get her on that night. It reminds me that movie "Corporate", I bet this guy had a night with Kangn for don't know how much.

urpflanze

Country flag
Modi needs protection from "secularists". If SPG stands for Secularists Protection Group, you have my vote.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I believe it has been upgraded, but a wee bit lower than the PM.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Considering his image & recent bomb blast in Patna, should Home Ministry amend the current SPG act & bring Modi security under SPG.

Recently Subramanya Swamy had requested GOI to assign SPG Unit for Modi security but later was rejected by Home minister Shinde without even discussing in cabinet.

I am sure that ISI, IM & other terrorist outfits are against Modi & wants to kill him.

If Robert Vadra is given SPG protection why cant Modi be give the protection & moreover he is nominated as PM candidate by principle opposition party.

Please discuss.
I think the way this entire discussion has gone has been pretty wrong. The question should not be should Modi specifically get SPG cover but ANY serious prime ministerial candidate, similar to how the US Secret Service protects numerous US Presidential candidates after primaires (AFAIK). I think this should be the case, these people are, after all, potential PMs. If they fail to become PM, the SPG security is removed the next day- simple.

There's no doubt the SPG are the most capable protection agency in India and they should be given the above duties of protecting such PM hopefuls in the run up to elections. This would be an added safeguard in India's democracy.

AFAIK though, Vadra only had SPG cover when travelling with his wife (as she is a SPG protectee) and was not independently protected by the SPG. Let's try and stick to the facts guys and not sensationalise this topic.

For sure though the Gandhis having SPG cover is an utter, utter joke and completely unneeded. They should be protected by local/state police- at most, if there really is a threat to their lives. One family being singled out for SPG cover like this makes me feel angry and sick. I hope some future Indian govt removes SPG cover for them. SPG cover should ONLY be be for PMs, THEIR families, former PMs and PM hopefuls (also Pres and maybe VEEP).

My two cents.

pmaitra

Look at this idiot, he doesn't even care about his country and enjoying Kangna's company like he's gonna get her on that night. It reminds me that movie "Corporate", I bet this guy had a night with Kangn for don't know how much.
If I were him, I'd do the same thing. ;)

BTW, he is just posing with her, not making out. Don't worry, I'll pray that you get many hot chicks for company. :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Threat is as per the Threat Perception.

There are some who are quoting that the Act precludes him.

But then an Act cannot be taken to be the last word if there is a threat beyond the words of the Act.

Threat cannot be perceived as it if is to be dictated by edict written in stone!

The whole issue is THREAT PERCEPTION.

If there is a Threat, then it must have adequate force to combat that threat.

If there are none, then status cannot be translated into a sea of gun toting policemen!

It is another stupidity to think that the word Black Cat makes the person acquire powers like the Superman from the Comic books!

All said and done, Shinde is really emerging as an incompetent chump.

If Modi does not require SPG protection, he should clearly enunciate why.

Where is the problem in doing so?

And the MOS, Home, R. P. N. Singh has proved that he is slipshod by not knowing facts, when he said the Rajiv Gandhi was not provided SPG protection by the NDA Govt.

He said

Minister of State for Home RPN Singh today committed a faux pas when he said the NDA government had failed to provide security to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, who was assassinated in 1991.
"I want to tell people in NDA that when they were in power former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was not given security even in the level of a sub-inspector. He had to sacrifice his life. They now talk about security," he told reporters here.
He was reacting to BJP's charge earlier in the day that the Centre and the Bihar government had failed to prevent the multiple blasts in Patna which were aimed at liquidating BJP leadership including its Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
http://www.thestatesman.net/news/23579-rpn-singh-s-faux-pas-on-rajiv-gandhi-s-security.html

The poor man, appeared quite silly before the Nation because:

Seven years before the BJP-led NDA came to power in 1998, Gandhi was killed in a terror attack in the run up to the 1991 Lok Sabha elections when a caretaker government headed by the then Prime Minister Chandrashekhar was in power, backed by the Congress itself!

If the Home Ministers take security of the Nation so perfunctorily that they don't even know the fact, then why should the terrorists not take advantage of such blithering duffer like approach?

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
If I were him, I'd do the same thing. ;)

BTW, he is just posing with her, not making out. Don't worry, I'll pray that you get many hot chicks for company. :)
Nobody would say openly that he's making out or in. And are you gonna pray that I'll be Asaram Bapu in future ?? :p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles