Does India Have the Strongest Navy in Asia (excluding Russia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
It's in the order

US Navy > Japanese "Self-Defense" Navy > PLAN > Russian Navy > Indian Navy.

The air-heads at South Block should focus on building a formidable submarine fleet, specifically SSBNs.

Adux

Country flag
I think Indian Navy is the second strongest Navy in Asia, the fact is Brahmos has changed the game and has given us a great advantage, we can pretty much take down all the ships in PLAN or USN with Brahmos launches, even Supercarriers aren't safe. With range of 300km, every IN ship armed with Brahmos has a 600km diameter of lethal offensive protection. Coming to subs, we do have good anti sub abilities and with P-8I coming that ability will be enhanced. We should also inducted air launched brahmos on the T-142ME naval aircraft as well as the IL-38. The only reason why PLAN is stonger is the nuke capable subs.

I think we should quickly order 30 ATVs, smallest nuke subs in the world, k-15 missile is ideal for land attacks on over the horizon radars to take out the ability of chinese to use their new ASBM. ATV is ideal, we should have around 30 ATV by 2030.
We all love koolaid

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Even when Kolkotta is inducted, it will not be among the top 3. The edge enjoyed by the top 3 is jusy way too much to overcome. Whether it will edge out 052C as the 4th best is debatable:
EL/M-2248 vs Type 348
Brahmos vs C602
BarakII vs HHQ-9
AK630 vs Type 730
Indian build quality vs chinese build quality

huh, i don't know... :)

Neil

Country flag
Koreans have Aegis ships now as well. When Dehli class DDG came out, it was argurably the 2nd best destroyer fielded by an asian navy (if we leave out the Russian and US navy) after the japanese Kongo class. But time has moved on, now it is doubtful if it is even among the top 10. The top 3, however, are quite clear. They are all Aegis-based:
1. Japanese Atago
2. Korean (ROK) KDX III
3. Japanse Kongo
why are you so much into aegies-equipped ships when u know that brahmos can tear down its defense into pieces...at mach 3 they cant even track them properly on radar and you talking about it being defended by aegies-think again!!

BTW...chinese C602 is subsonic missiles while brahmos is supersonic-they are class apart..

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
why are you so much into aegies-equipped ships when u know that brahmos can tear down its defense into pieces...at mach 3 they cant even track them properly on radar and you talking about it being defended by aegies-think again!!

BTW...chinese C602 is subsonic missiles while brahmos is supersonic-they are class apart..
C602 has longer range. Brahmos is not the only supersonic ASM in service today. Just in Asia, China has ship-based Sunburn, airboune YJ-12 and YJ-91 (KH-31), as well as vintage shore-absed C101 and C301, taiwan has Hsiung Feng III, indonesia has just acquired Yakhont.

Regarding the Aegis-base ships, the Aegis system was designed to intercept supersonic anti-ship missiles, even in a saturation attack. Also Russians always exaggerate the performance of their weapons, which prompts me to think that the specs of Brahmos are valid only under ideal (thus unrealistic) conditions.

Last edited:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Another thing to consider when we talk about the capability of a warship is the quality of the ships themselves. Even though China overtook South Korea as world's largest shipbuilder in terms of gross tonnage, both S.Korea and Japan are still much more advanced in technology. India on the other hand is very much a novice when it comes to shipbuilding. I've seen close-up pictures of the Mumbai class warships, the welding quality was, to put it mildly, not very good.

Adux

Country flag
C602 has longer range. Brahmos is not the only supersonic ASM in service today. Just in Asia, China has ship-based Sunburn, airboune YJ-12 and YJ-91 (KH-31), as well as vintage shore-absed C101 and C301, taiwan has Hsiung Feng III, indonesia has just acquired Yakhont.

Regarding the Aegis-base ships, the Aegis system was designed to intercept supersonic anti-ship missiles, even in a saturation attack. Also Russians always exaggerate the performance of their weapons, which prompts me to think that the specs of Brahmos are valid only under ideal (thus unrealistic) conditions.
Aegis equipped Destroyers can be put into bits by a Brahmos by the poster was a stretch, but this above takes the cake.

Facepalm. :( Basic research shouldnt be that hard.

Adux

Country flag
Another thing to consider when we talk about the capability of a warship is the quality of the ships themselves. Even though China overtook South Korea as world's largest shipbuilder in terms of gross tonnage, both S.Korea and Japan are still much more advanced in technology. India on the other hand is very much a novice when it comes to shipbuilding. I've seen close-up pictures of the Mumbai class warships, the welding quality was, to put it mildly, not very good.
lol, This is even better, Chicom might be churning in more (wrt to South Korea) low quality junk which even the Thai navy hates , but they are no where close to quality ship building done by Koreans. Not even in the same the damn era. Here we have a ship building expert, who look at a pic, decided its not good quality welding, while one of the most powerful navy's in the field with access to the best steel and other ship building technology. dont know. wow! we are truly blessed to have you. This photoshop chicoms are delusional

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
There is world difference between the 80's and now. The 053 ships exported to Thailand, was based on China's 70's (pre-reform era) design and was not very good, but it was followed by 2 Type 025T frigates which were much better. Thailand has since then come back and ordered 2 more OPVs 2 years ago. I'm not aware of any warship larger than 100 ton that has been built by India and exported to another country.

China these days can build not just bulk carriers or huge oil taners, but also drilling plaforms, and LNG carrierss, the latter for example are considred cutting-edge technology and cost around 1 billion dollar each. There is no question that China has made bounds and leaps in her manufacturing prowess the last 2 decades. Comparing China and India in terms of shipsbuilding, is basically absurd.

pack leader

Professional
Even when Kolkotta is inducted, it will not be among the top 3. The edge enjoyed by the top 3 is jusy way too much to overcome. Whether it will edge out 052C as the 4th best is debatable:
EL/M-2248 vs Type 348
Brahmos vs C602
BarakII vs HHQ-9

AK630 vs Type 730
Indian build quality vs chinese build quality

huh, i don't know... :)
you are deeply delusional EL/M-2248 is second best naval radar in the world after the non exportable versions of Aegis
Barack ng is far superior (mach 5 ultra maneuvering missile ) to naval s-300 ripoff (you have to reload very 4 shots)
both India and china use yakhont variants
having Israeli fcs and com equipment will give the Indians some edge
India is a partner in the sea spotter project (Rafael) by 2015 they will have the only maritime long range electo-optical sensor in the world

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
It is true that S.Korea is ahead of China as far as shipbuilding technology is concerned. But the gap is closing fast. If we give 100 to S.Korea, China would be 80, India would be like 10.

Adux

Country flag
And looking at a pic and making a call on a welding is not absurd , chicom! China can build all that, but they still dont have access to high quality defense grade steel, which we have. China has leaped only for people reading her propaganda and doing internet massage on their lingam, in your case might need a magnifying glass.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
you are deeply delusional EL/M-2248 is second best naval radar in the world after the non exportable versions of Aegis
Barack ng is far superior (mach 5 ultra maneuvering missile ) to naval s-300 ripoff (you have to reload very 4 shots)
both India and china use yakhont variants
having Israeli fcs and com equipment will give the Indians some edge
India is a partner in the sea spotter project (Rafael) by 2015 they will have the only maritime long range electo-optical sensor in the world

HHQ9 uses a different launcher than the one deployed by naval the S-300. Unlike the S-300 system where each rotary launcher has only one launchable tube, each missile tube on 052C can fire independently. If you think Israeli system is god, fine! I doubt however that india, with a population of 1.25 billion, is aspiring to be a follower of a country with less than 10 million people.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
In 2010 China's shipbuilders churned out 15.9 million gross tonnage worth of ships totaling 30.6 billion US dollars in value.

What are the equivalent india numbers?

Adux

Country flag
You could use better language. Please refrain, this is not the first time I'm seeing it.

Regards,
Virendra
Not happening, He might not be using a strong language, but he is doing something sinister than that, he and the rest of the chinese come here deliberately to show how we are not worthy enough to be on the same plate as them, how our achievements arent as good or not worthy, who our people are below standards, how they are the next superpowers and the worthy foes of USA, They are here to demean us, and they do that in every post, in a sweet sweet way. I am not going to take it. My responses will not be sweet.

Adux

Country flag
In 2010 China's shipbuilders churned out 15.9 million gross tonnage worth of ships totaling 30.6 billion US dollars in value.

What are the equivalent india numbers?
Just 1 ton, but somehow it was better than yours in the counts of quality and originality, Everybody can make cheap ass goods.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Not happening, He might not be using a strong language, but he is doing something sinister than that, he and the rest of the chinese come here deliberately to show how we are not worthy enough to be on the same plate as them, how our achievements arent as good or not worthy, who our people are below standards, how they are the next superpowers and the worthy foes of USA, They are here to demean us, and they do that in every post, in a sweet sweet way. I am not going to take it. My responses will not be sweet.
Your outpouring just shows how different south asians think compared with east asians. Keep it coming Pal!

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
So you would resort to foul mouth to reply on that? Even when you know (as you say) that it is their propoganda?
If you find we don't match them somewhere accept it or stay quiet - your call. If you have a fitting reply, put it like a civilised Indian would. Nothing can explain or justify your language on that occassion. This is a place to debate and argue, not to wage war or swear on each other. Do that in battlefield when the hour arrives.

Best Regards for you friend.

Virendra

pack leader

Professional
mr.tony4562 before insulting my small but proud nation
may i remind you we sold 4 times as much weapons as you last year and probably this year also
our weapons are state of the art and original
stop the **** size contest we still have 8 times higher GDP per capita then you

Parthy

Air Warrior
Adux, I didn't find Tony using such strong language in his previous post.. DFI is meant to be members across the countries to share the knowledge they do have and sometimes, the discussion might get overrun due to hot languages.. But nothing similar to that happened here..

I would advise you to add some dignity in your posts... All of your post sounds so rude...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles