Does Brahmin Bashing really deserve its due?

Arya Desa

ITT brahmins feeling sorry for themselves. Historically speaking, brahmins have been the most oppressive group in India. They used to pour lead into the ears of shudra who heard prayers. They are also the most treasonous. At every instance they swore allegiance to invaders.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
ITT brahmins feeling sorry for themselves. Historically speaking, brahmins have been the most oppressive group in India. They used to pour lead into the ears of shudra who heard prayers. They are also the most treasonous. At every instance they swore allegiance to invaders.
Yup now we pour molten lead on internet trolls

@Singh ji please take care of this troll.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arya Desa

Yup now we pour molten lead on internet trolls

@Singh ji please take care of this troll.

Your clearly a brahmin, I bet your madrassi too.
@Singh, I am 100% Sikh Punjab like you. You know it is incredibly against our religion to have castes. Remember how the brahmins sold out our Guru and are personally responsible for his death?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
@Singh, I am 100% Sikh Punjab like you. You know it is incredibly against our religion to have castes. Remember how the brahmins sold out our Guru and are personally responsible for his death?
Sikhs have castes too like Jatt, Rajput, Khatri, Ramgharhia, etc.. Don't give me the BS that they are "tribes". They play the same goddamn function in society as castes.

Arya Desa

Sikhs have castes too like Jatt, Rajput, Khatri, Ramgharhia, etc.. Don't give me the BS that they are "tribes". They play the same goddamn function in society as castes.
No we don't. Those aren't tribes either, we aren't tribal like the rest of India. Those are ethnicities unified by Punjabi culture. We intermarry with each other and are a world apart form castes.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
No we don't. Those aren't tribes either, we aren't tribal like the rest of India. Those are ethnicities unified by Punjabi culture. We intermarry with each other and are a world apart form castes.
Definition of an ethnic group

a community or population made up of people who share a common cultural background or descent.
Based on this Jatts cannot be a separate ethnic group as they share a common cultural background with non Jatt Punjabis. Moreover, if Punjabi castes get to be separate ethnic groups then an equally strong argument can be made for the claim that Brahmins are different ethnic group from Rajputs and so on. You're playing with semantics. There is no susbtantive difference between Sikh society and Hindu society with regard to caste. On the ground, Jatts consider themselves above Mazhabi Sikhs in the same way that Brahmins consider themselves above shudras. The titles play the same function in society.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray Why do you have to delete that post ? Embarrassed? :lol:
Irrelevance and OT cannot waste bandwidth.

Could you just take hold of yourself and not go on with endless and puerile blather?

It is an old chestnut.

I wonder if you comprehend what is an old chestnut.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I don't know if you are right or wrong with your assertions but my personal opinion is that this issue has great scope of discussing different aspects than going to the direction you are trying to lead.

Regards.

One more interjection I am trying to make, the author's agenda including title is not clear. Bashing is a strong word, If you bash one community they will bash you back and in that process there will be no discussion with civility but intrigue.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
What the fcuk is a "Madrasi"? Looks like you are another of those semi-educated ones. This isn't the 1980s anymore, get the shit out of your head.

mayfair

One more interjection I am trying to make, the author's agenda including title is not clear. Bashing is a strong word, If you bash one community they will bash you back and in that process there will be no discussion with civility but intrigue.
Nail hit head. Wish I had multiple likes for this post.

I would like to add that in such cases it's not a discussion but a mud-slinging contest, "winners" are usually who can get the opponent to have more mud stuck on them, than themselves.

If it sounds confusing, it probably is. I have no bloody idea as to what I just typed.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Evidence please.

Who or what is "Sikh Punjab"... :rolleyes:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Evidence please.
The fellow will bring out some outdated text from Manusmriti which was never even followed and claim that as "evidence".

He talks about "allegiance to invaders" and "treasonous" - if I point to the role of Punjabis (Sikh Punjabis in particular) in crushing rebellions under British rule, and to their role in the suppression of 1857 revolt, he will whine and moan about "racist and casteist comments".

If you want respect, learn how to give respect and don't propagate false history and stop using shit stereotypes like "Madrasi". People can give back as good as they get.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The fellow will bring out some outdated text from Manusmriti which was never even followed and claim that as "evidence".

He talks about "allegiance to invaders" and "treasonous" - if I point to the role of Punjabis (Sikh Punjabis in particular) in crushing rebellions under British rule, and to their role in the suppression of 1857 revolt, he will whine and moan about "racist and casteist comments".

If you want respect, learn how to give respect and don't propagate false history and stop using shit stereotypes like "Madrasi". People can give back as good as they get.
I complete support Sikh role in 1857.
Fighting under flag of butchers of Hindus the Mughal maybe okay with Some hindus but to a Sikh it was anathema.

Madrasi is used colloquially in north india, just like punjabi used in south india.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Arya desa sounds a very unlikely "sikh punjab" name and irresp we are all individuals here and articulate individual views

mayfair

Madrasi is used colloquially in north india, just like punjabi used in south india.
Dunno which part of South India you went to, because during my stay in Bangalore for 6 years and with extensive travelling across the southern states, I never heard the term Punjabi to refer to North Indians.

"Hindi" and "Naarth Indians" for sure, Punjabi? Never.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Dunno which part of South India you went to, because during my stay in Bangalore for 6 years and with extensive travelling across the southern states, I never heard the term Punjabi to refer to North Indians.

Chalo Hindu / naarth indian hi sahi !

There are colloquial terms. Nothing to get your dhotis/lungi in a bunch about.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I complete support Sikh role in 1857.
Fighting under flag of butchers of Hindus the Mughal maybe okay with Some hindus but to a Sikh it was anathema.

Actually I agree that it would've been disastrous if the 1857 revolt had succeeded.

No one uses Punjabi colloquially in South India. As @mayfair said, "Naarth Indian" is used as an omnibus term for everyone from Maharashtra to J&K.

Chalo Hindu / naarth indian hi sahi !

There are colloquial terms. Nothing to get your dhotis/lungi in a bunch about.

Most of the time I hear madrasi being used in a derogatory fashion. So, unless I know the person well enough (in which case he is entitled to pull my leg, or he is genuinely using it colloquially), I presume the person guilty of using it derogatorily unless proven otherwise.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Actually, the Punjabis are being most boisterous and unruly, not only in South India, but in all parts of India, indicate the Delhi Durbar set and so they take the blame for all who are from what was known as 'Up country'.

But, yes, people have realised that Punjabis are not representatives of North India these days.

But yet, that they are the noisiest and rather uncouth, in a manner of speaking, is what makes them most anti 'likeable'.

Have you seen a Punjabi wedding or a bhangra on the road during such weddings carrying the barat with no respect to civilised behaviour and stopping traffic?

The Attitude is Sadhe Vallho M* chu*ai.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Actually I agree that it would've been disastrous if the 1857 revolt had succeeded.

No one uses Punjabi colloquially in South India. As @mayfair said, "Naarth Indian" is used as an omnibus term for everyone from Maharashtra to J&K.

Most of the time I hear madrasi being used in a derogatory fashion. So, unless I know the person well enough (in which case he is entitled to pull my leg, or he is genuinely using it colloquially), I presume the person guilty of using it derogatorily unless proven otherwise.
Dosa kha le madrasi aur rona band kar !

You don't mind this right ? :p

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Actually, the Punjabis are being most boisterous and unruly, not only in South India, but in all parts of India, indicate the Delhi Durbar set and so they take the blame for all who are from what was known as 'Up country'.

But, yes, people have realised that Punjabis are not representatives of North India these days.

But yet, that they are the noisiest and rather uncouth, in a manner of speaking, is what makes them most anti 'likeable'.

Have you seen a Punjabi wedding or a bhangra on the road during such weddings carrying the barat with no respect to civilised behaviour and stopping traffic?

The Attitude is Sadhe Vallho M* chu*ai.
Punjabiyan di shaan vakhri ! :balle:

Haters gonna hate !!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles