Doctors pursuing higher studies in the US to sign return bond

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Apollyon, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Apollyon

Apollyon Führer Senior Member

Doctors pursuing higher studies in the US to sign return bond ........:laugh::laugh:

The Hindu : News / National : Doctors pursuing higher studies in the US to sign return bond

Better Late than Never
    Still Medical Students going abroad is much less than their Engineering Counterparts ............ :nod:

3. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

High time.

When recession strikes, or when they really want to come back, they will realize that they cannot practice in India. Excellent move!

Mad Indian and utubekhiladi like this.
  4. Oracle

Oracle New Member

I don't agree with this policy. Anyone can study and settle down anywhere, provided he has the capability. Instead the government should focus on why people settle down abroad, or join IT companies, instead of DRDO etc. If the government wants a qualified person, they should pay him the same as the private industry pays. Instead of focussing on the core issues, they come up with idiotic policies.

I work for money; if the government wants loyalty, then get a fcuking dog.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  5. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Why would the US govt. want an NOC from India? IS US the only destination for Indian medical students?

Looks like to be a very ill thought of move. Conditions should be made favourable for students to work in India after their studies. An MD course costing Rs. 1 Crore in india, would always push more students to study abroad.

6. Oracle

Oracle New Member

/\/\/\ Many Indians go to UK too.

7. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Good move for both the countries!

8. Apollyon

It's not about the Pay they get

Only those who studied in a "Government Institution" (highly subsidized education) have to sign a Return Bond

I think those who completed there MBBS from a Private Institution are being excluded, and rightly so

Why to waste Tax Payers Money on those retards who take advantage of highly subsidized education and after completion flew to developed countries to earn a better chunk ... :nod:

9. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Remove all reservations from P.G. courses.Nobody will go to U.S. for higher studies.Why should they come back after doing P.G. there in 1st place ?? If your own nation doesn't give you opportunity instead resists your growth, there's no need to come back.

Predator likes this.
  10. Oracle

Oracle New Member

How is it a good move? As I see it,students will shun US and go to other countries for higher studies.

11. rock127

Brain drain... they got enough jobs if they want to do here.

12. Sukerchakia

Sukerchakia Regular Member

Why only doctors? This is a little unfair. It should be applicable to all folks from govt. owned institutions like IIT, IISc etc. Why leave the engineers and the scientists out if it? They are as much an asset to the country as the docs.

KS and Kesang like this.
  13. Oracle

Oracle New Member

I did not get your post. What do you mean by subsidized? Do you mean students who get admission into government medical colleges through quota only have to sign the bond? Or is it the same for general category students who study in govt medical colleges?

14. Oracle

Oracle New Member

So, should not the government address the issues of brain drain instead of coming up with a stupid bond. Brain drain happens when there are lack of oppurtunities, and people migrate abroad to fulfil the basic criteria of slogging for 16 years, and you're telling me there are enough jobs?

Your brain drain....and enough jobs logic is wrong. There would be no brain drain, if there are ample jobs.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  15. Apollyon

:dude:

Education is SUBSIDIZED for every one (wheather General OBC SC/ST) in all Government Institutions ..... True Story ... :nod:

16. rock127

A mindset has been created in India about going abroad and settle whether it's skilled job or hairdressing.For same reason Australia also made the rules strict since loads of guys were going there for small courses and settling.

The "job nahi hai" excuse was a genuine one but not today.

17. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Ok, I get it. So you mean a guy doing say Engg in a govt institution pays much less fees than in a private institution. What about the other points I raised about quota?

18. VIP

Howmuch taxpayers' money do you think govt. is spending behind a doctor ??Do you know most of institutions don't even provide quality education to an M.B.B.S. student.Even in M.D.,M.S. courses, students learn everything by themselves.Excluding few good colleges, every med clg is waste of tax payers' money,hell every govt. hospitals are waste of money. Ask me, after pursuing M.B.B.S. course, I don't get practice which is written in books and also I won't get admission in my desirable branch.Don't blame students, blame govt. policies for such mess.

19. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Hold on! You brought brain drain into this thread and now you're digressing into something else.

But, I do agree with this post of yours, but there are other factors too why people go abroad, for e.g a class infrastructure, better governance, and many more tidbits. Why don't the Americans migrate to India? Think and you'll get your answer.

20. VIP

Enough Jobs ??Job isn't issue here....

21. rock127

I agree too, no comparison of facilities but then as I said a mindset has been created "Go to US, study and settle and forget India"

As I said more and more foreigners are coming to India for a job, though they are not in millions but the trends is changing.