Do you use Swadeshi products ?

EXPERT

yes i would prefer , ayurvedic medicine or of Baba Ramdev's PATANJALI's ...........
a BAJAJ bike
a HCL , comp
my FAN , LIGHTS ,my TOOTHPASTE , etc etc

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
The word Swadeshi is the left of the right, quite literally! In India, of those who are on the political right, there are very few on the right in economics, otherwise, much like majority of Indians, they are all as well leftists on economics!

Coming to the topic, I have tried desi nuskas (home grown/made remedies) and that's about it.

Problem I foresee with Swadeshi is, these products haven't been marketed well enough, nor have they been packaged well, and in today's context, quality is perceived in relation with how well the product is marketed and packaged, rather than the real content inside. Remember, quality is no more than a perceived notion.

drkrn

Well, you are mistaken sir :)

Simplistically, a foreigner can only "repatriate" the "dividends" commiserate with his "shareholding".
few months back i saw a news which has total profits of apple shown in america,of course from each individual country.they are always directed towards parent country,may be following rules

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
what happens then?
A dividend is a payment made by a corporation to its shareholders, usually as a distribution of profits.[1] When a corporation earns a profit or surplus, it can either re-invest it in the business (called retained earnings), or it can distribute it to shareholders. A corporation may retain a portion of its earnings and pay the remainder as a dividend. Distribution to shareholders can be in cash (usually a deposit into a bank account) or, if the corporation has a dividend reinvestment plan, the amount can be paid by the issue of further shares or share repurchase.

A dividend is allocated as a fixed amount per share, with shareholders receiving a dividend in proportion to their shareholding. For the joint stock company, paying dividends is not an expense; rather, it is the division of after tax profits among shareholders. Retained earnings (profits that have not been distributed as dividends) are shown in the shareholder equity section in the company's balance sheet - the same as its issued share capital. Public companies usually pay dividends on a fixed schedule, but may declare a dividend at any time, sometimes called a special dividend to distinguish it from the fixed schedule dividends. Cooperatives, on the other hand, allocate dividends according to members' activity, so their dividends are often considered to be a pre-tax expense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dividend

For eg. continuing the previous example, ie On sales of 1000 crores, Colgate earns 100 crores. Colgate India decides to give dividends of 50 Crores, and Colgate USA owns 50% Stake, then Colgate USA can atmost repatriate 25 crores.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
whereever desi product has same quality as others i buy desi..19 20 ka phark bhi chalta hai magar aur nahi

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
I have always had a special relationship with the nearest Khadi gramodyog shop around , wherever i m putting up

Besides the fact that they are Swadesi , some of the products are IMHO the best you can buy in the Market, esp if u r looking for Handmade Muslin/incense/Prash/soap kinda thing.

The handmade soap brand "Khadi" is actually quite popular in Delhi esp. among the rich, so i observed

I for myself am a hardcore khaddar fan, find it even better then Linen in many aspects ,
and frankly these days, it's almost a style statement.

:cool:

Last edited:

Vishwarupa

Country flag
@Singh

He asked the symptoms and checked the Nadi, advised some medicines for 15 days and asked to come again. However my own life is full of stress, so I have Insomnia, which he said is the prime reason for my acidity problem. And I agree that Insomnia is the basic problem which causes health problems to me ,and I think the diet control he asked + the ayurvedic medicines (Baidyanath brand) have worked for me, because I was already carefull about my diet, avoiding oily and spicy foods, but it wasn't helping with Aciloc and such medicines. Even after eating very less and simple foods + Aciloc/Gelusil I was not getting any relief. But ayurvedic medicine started to work after 4-5 days of starting them.

For DantKanti and Patanjali products, yup I noticed that, but it has worked well for me.

One more thing Alprazolam tabs did not work when I had high acidity and indigestion, I used to take 1/4 part of 0.25 mg Alprazolam twice a week to maintain sleep, but during acidity one full tablet was not working and I didn't wish to take high power tabs. Something really bad had happened to my digestion system then. From which I got relief.
Buddy how is your acidity now.

For acidity i suggest you to do Kunjal Kriya every weekend, it cleans your stomach & acidity problem will vanish within 2 washes( do it on every saturday early morning & do not eat spicy food on that day). its very easy & help full. You need not take any medicine after doing Kunjal Kriya.

http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1977/dapr77/kunjal.shtml

I was also suffering from Acidiy( last year) now after doing Kunjal Kriya on regular basis i am out of this problem. Thanks to my mother who helped me with this ancient Yogic Kriya.

Please try & let me know the results & also for Insomnia please practice Surya Namaskara everyday(18 times). There will be no health problem & you will sleep well.

Hope this helps you.

Last edited by a moderator:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I used soaps like Lux :D and toothpastes like Colgate all my life, but now a days I am prefering made in India products such as Patanjali trust's products, their products are very good, specially the toothpaste.
!
Patanjali products are sh8t.I once tried that stupid toothpaste because my parents told me it's good.
Once I saw a patanjali eye drop and i swear to lord you'll never want to use that eye drop after hearing about it's ingredients.
It contained honey,lemon juice,garlic and ginger.
I saw people using that eye drop and literally they were shouting because of the burning sensation it causes in eyes.
I mean who the f@ck would like to use a f@cking ginger drops in his/her eyes????
That insane dhoti wearing baba sh8t is bullsh8t.
I also thought he was some great guy spreading yoga awareness among youth but i found the reality when i once visited his yoga camp in delhi.
That mother effer was asking 500 buck for the last rows and i guess 2000 bucks for the front rows.
That baba is a business man and that too a shitty one with shitty products :troll:

A chauhan

Country flag
Buddy how is your acidity now.

For acidity i suggest you to do Kunjal Kriya every weekend, it cleans your stomach & acidity problem will vanish within 2 washes( do it on every saturday early morning & do not eat spicy food on that day). its very easy & help full. You need not take any medicine after doing Kunjal Kriya.

Kunjal Kriya

I was also suffering from Acidiy( last year) now after doing Kunjal Kriya on regular basis i am out of this problem. Thanks to my mother who helped me with this ancient Yogic Kriya.

Please try & let me know the results & also for Insomnia please practice Surya Namaskara everyday(18 times). There will be no health problem & you will sleep well.

Hope this helps you.
Hey thank you mate for the suggestion and the link, sounds interesting I'll try that for sure!

Now my problem is normal, though sometimes when I had bad sleep, it again appeared but drinking lot of water really helps.

Patanjali products are sh8t.I once tried that stupid toothpaste because my parents told me it's good.
Once I saw a patanjali eye drop and i swear to lord you'll never want to use that eye drop after hearing about it's ingredients.
It contained honey,lemon juice,garlic and ginger.
I saw people using that eye drop and literally they were shouting because of the burning sensation it causes in eyes.
I mean who the f@ck would like to use a f@cking ginger drops in his/her eyes????
That insane dhoti wearing baba sh8t is bullsh8t.
I also thought he was some great guy spreading yoga awareness among youth but i found the reality when i once visited his yoga camp in delhi.
That mother effer was asking 500 buck for the last rows and i guess 2000 bucks for the front rows.
That baba is a business man and that too a shitty one with shitty products :troll:
Actually I liked the toothpaste, so far as other products are concerned I haven't tried all of them, but will try for sure. Didn't hear about the Eye drop, but my mother often gives me the powder of black pepper mixed with water i.e. it looks like water but gives a burning sensation to the eyes, which actually she is practicing for years and has a good eye sight. Can't say about the Patanjali's ginger eye drop :noidea:

And yup, he is a businesman.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Sorry for off topic.

I fixed my 4 year long acidity problem with swimming everyday. Lack of exercise the main reason of acidity. With swimming the Gastro-oesophegeal reflux and agitation of stomach due to running or weight lifting is avoided.

Swadesi product I use is MDH masala and Haldiram products,Taj Mahal tea (yet to find better tea on this planet than this) and BRU coffee.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Blackwater paji try Shan Masala :p
===

@Vishwarupa @A chauhan
Before doing Kunjal Kriya take your Ayurveda doctor's permission. It can exacerbate it sometimes.
It is panacea for normalizing Kapha Dosha, and is part of shatakarma.
Please don't use iodized salt. First thing in the morning. And do it in bent position, keeping spine as straight as possible to prevent violent muscle pulls.

Last edited by a moderator:

A chauhan

Country flag

Blackwater

Because Pan Masala isn't that popular in India itself and you are maintaining that habit in the Europe :)
kya baat kar raha ha bhai...its so dangerously popular in india that many duplicates comes in

A chauhan

Country flag
kya baat kar raha ha bhai...its so dangerously popular in india that many duplicates comes in
I meant generally literate people do not take it :tape: though they eat Paan occasionally like me. actually my Mom can't see Pan Parag with me. :D

Blackwater

I meant generally literate people do not take it :tape: though they eat Paan occasionally like me. actually my Mom can't see Pan Parag with me. :D
well i eat pan parag blue one without tabacoo. only after meal not everytime in my mouth. anyhow i feel they put some addiction stuff in it. now iam used to it now.

forget mom even my wife cant see pan parag with me. thats another story how and when i eat it:laugh::laugh:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles